Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th May 2010, 16:05   #1
Nick999
Posted a thing or two

Ex ZT160 ZS180 ZT190

Default Magnetic door protectors

I am super fussy when it comes to my car. I try to keep my ZT in mint condition. I recently picked up my first pin dent, or car park ding to my front passenger door!! Not bad going after three years ownership, but never the less p****d me off.. May be over killl, but I have bought a pair of magnetic door defenders off eBay for when I am parked in tight spots. I got to say I am very pleased with them. Will recommend them to the very few members on here that may be as fussy as me!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Door-Defen...item2c547fc695

Old 19th May 2010, 16:11   #2
baconbuttyman
Banned

hey i had a set of these on my omega twas 2 days before some one nicked em

good idea but parking at the other side of the car park is better, if you cant, then do you dont need that shop badly enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick999 View Post
I am super fussy when it comes to my car. I try to keep my ZT in mint condition. I recently picked up my first pin dent, or car park ding to my front passenger door!! Not bad going after three years ownership, but never the less p****d me off.. May be over killl, but I have bought a pair of magnetic door defenders off eBay for when I am parked in tight spots. I got to say I am very pleased with them. Will recommend them to the very few members on here that may be as fussy as me!!!

baconbuttyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 16:14   #3
Rolled1
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi+

Good idea Nick but I would hate to accidentally drive away with them still attached! The ZT/75 is rare in that unlike most cars it doesnt have door protectors built in,part of the reason it looks so good is those clean lines but car park dents are a risk involved in having that.
Rolled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 16:22   #4
Nick999
Posted a thing or two

Ex ZT160 ZS180 ZT190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolled1 View Post
Good idea Nick but I would hate to accidentally drive away with them still attached! The ZT/75 is rare in that unlike most cars it doesnt have door protectors built in,part of the reason it looks so good is those clean lines but car park dents are a risk involved in having that.
Agreed the doors do look much better with out bump strips. Take a look at the Mondeo ST220 compared to it's lesser stable mates WITH bump strips.

I hate dings and scratches on my cars, so every little helps.. Doubt if I would drive away with them attached, but I did get colour coded silver just incase
Old 19th May 2010, 16:31   #5
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Red valve caps on a silver car?!
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 16:41   #6
Nick999
Posted a thing or two

Ex ZT160 ZS180 ZT190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
Red valve caps on a silver car?!
Lol.. Matches my seats.. A little chav for me really, think I will put the black ones back on!!
Old 22nd May 2010, 19:28   #7
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick999 View Post

the car will be well protected when you can get the wing defenders and the front bumper defenders and rear one and the rear wing defender