Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd August 2011, 17:37   #1
123abc0173
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club SE Saloon

Default Rear Bumper removal and fitting

Hello, my 2003 Rover 75 saloon has a nasty scrape on the rear bumper. I have located a very good replacement 2003 bumper in the correct colour which I will buy and fit. I have looked at the Haynes manual and the removal and fitting seems quite streight forward (unplug reversing sensor harness and undo the screws that hold the bumper to the body).

Is it as easy as it is described or is it difficult to get the "new" bumper to line up properly and is unplugging and refitting the reversing sensor harness likely to be more tricky than it seems?

Any advice greatly received!

James
123abc0173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:55   #2
Dave-M
Avid contributor

ZT-T 135

Had the bumper off my ZT tourer recently to fit a towbar... it really is as easy as it's described in the manual! It helps if you leave a couple of screws in the top until last and then get an assistant to help you lift it away when it's all undone (it's very light, but large and flexible).

Reverse sensors are just a plastic multiplug and should come apart easily.

It's worth plugging in the sensors on the 'new' bumper before everything is screwed back together just in case there are any problems with the loom (you can swap the wiring over from the old bumper if necessary).

When refitting the bumper, put a few screws in loose to hold the rear edge in place, then get the sides clipped into position on the wings before tightening everything up.
Dave-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 20:44   #3
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

There's a retaining ridge just beneath each rear lamp unit. When you offer the bumper back up, make sure to lift it over these before fastening anything up. The sides push into the retaining clips horizontally by clouting it with the palm of your hand. A squirt of WD40 in the clips helps at lot.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 20:51   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Yes, very easy and much easier than the front one.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 17:39   #5
123abc0173
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club SE Saloon

That sounds great, thanks for the replies.

One additional query has cropped up, though the colours look the same the paint code on my 03 Reg car says JBH whereas I am told that the code on the 53 Reg donor car says 13-H-OOOOO1. Does anyone know if this is the same colour with a new code or a slightly different colour?

James
123abc0173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 18:53   #6
Tim
Feel the size of my Quads

MG ZT 440SE, MG HS PHEV & MG3

Once you have done it once, very easy job just need to be a bit courageous on the side clips as they can be a bit tight.

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote