PDA

View Full Version : Superchip for Rover 75 cdt

stelad
27th September 2007, 17:46
I'm thinking about having one of Superchips,..chips put in my 75 cdt. Has anybody else out there had this done?.If so I'd love to know how their car drives now and wether or not it was worth it.

Regards, Steven.

Kandyman
27th September 2007, 17:51
Have a read on here about Mafs by RoverRon or read his site http://tuning-diesels.com/

many members here have used him and have been delighted with the result.

Kandyman
27th September 2007, 17:52
Oh and welcome to the owners club :D

Keith
27th September 2007, 20:31
Honest opinion

Chipping is over priced and there is also a risk the re map will be blown away next time the car is serviced and put on Testbook

I had a CDT in today which has been remapped and Testbook immeadiately offered to correct the error by reflashing the ecu with the correct map

Tuning boxes on the other hand are cheaper removable and can be resold and do the job as well if not better

Now as chipping involves nothing more than flashing the ECU with a pre written map i.e zero capital outlay just operator time, you would think such as service would be miles cheaper than the cost of a physical tuning box

Very odd world we live in!

Jules
27th September 2007, 22:50
Honest opinion

immeadiately offered to correct the error by reflashing the ecu with the correct map

All you've got to perfect now Keith is telling your T4 to reflash a CDT up to 131 and then some extra on top..........:drool4:

JohnDotCom
28th September 2007, 12:09
I think that is one of keith's 1001 projects.

baxlin
28th September 2007, 12:23
I think that is one of keith's 1001 projects.

Not one of his 2007 projects then...........

JohnFol
28th September 2007, 13:17
Hi Steven, I had an Upsolute upgrade and am pleased with the results. It cost £305, and if I were in Lancashire I could let you see what you get for your money.

However, that was in the days before Rover Ron, and chipping was the only choice. I think if I bought another Rover (as I can't transfer the upgrade unlike a box) I would go the "Ron Route".

Isis
4th October 2007, 19:12
Hi Steven, I had an Upsolute upgrade and am pleased with the results. It cost £305, and if I were in Lancashire I could let you see what you get for your money.

However, that was in the days before Rover Ron, and chipping was the only choice. I think if I bought another Rover (as I can't transfer the upgrade unlike a box) I would go the "Ron Route".

Yes, I went the Upsolute route too for two reasons:-

1. Ron's system was still in development/testing at the time.

2. I wanted something that was invisible.

However, I can foresee getting a Pieburg/Synergy from Ron sometime. I'm up to 130k and original MAF (unless previous owner had it changed before 75k).

Upsolute transformed the car, but it doesn't have the low down response that Ron's system provides.

Keith
4th October 2007, 19:15
2. I wanted something that was invisible.

Believe me it might not be.
If you ever go to a Dealer equipped with Testbook always tell them the car is chipped to avoid any "mishaps"