PDA

View Full Version : North West Banner

Scouse1958
6th January 2012, 20:32
Banner For The North West

Hi Guys was asking about a Banner for the North West
And BlueJon had one i think this would be ideal for the meets what do you think ?

BlueJon has done a updated one with flags in the corner what do you think ?http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Scouseman/janswageslips045a.jpg

Thanks to everyone that has chipped in so here is an update:

I have now received donations from:

1 Jimbo
2 James.uk
3 vindaloo
4 andyg2011
5 Jules

Paulhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Scouseman/NorthWestBanner.jpg

J1MBO
7th January 2012, 12:34
Looks good Paul, my only thought is IMHO the actual club logo would look better.

derekosb
7th January 2012, 14:59
Looks good Paul, my only thought is IMHO the actual club logo would look better.

Hi Jim,

Due to liability issues the local regional banners cannot use the "official" club logo I am afraid. This matter was raised when I wanted to organise a banner for the Scottish Region and guidance has now been given on what can be shown.

The design above is fine as far as the club is concerned.

Go for it Paul and hope you can get one organised.

Cheers,

Derek

Scouse1958
7th January 2012, 15:04
Thanks Derek hope i can get one sorted and the members like this :)

Paul

J1MBO
7th January 2012, 15:13
Hi Jim,

Due to liability issues the local regional banners cannot use the "official" club logo I am afraid. This matter was raised when I wanted to organise a banner for the Scottish Region and guidance has now been given on what can be shown.

The design above is fine as far as the club is concerned.

Go for it Paul and hope you can get one organised.

Cheers,

Derek

Derek

Paul's explained the situation which I now understand fully.

I've seen the design of yours - looking good. Nice to see that a few of your more active members are supporting you with contributing to the cost.

I'd be quite happy to likewise make a contribution to the cost of the NW area banner.

Cheers

3stripes
7th January 2012, 15:16
just don,t ask the club for a donation though, as more chance of a politician telling the truth.
phil

vindaloo
7th January 2012, 15:43
Derek

I'd be quite happy to likewise make a contribution to the cost of the NW area banner.

Cheers

Same for me
Jim

Scouse1958
7th January 2012, 15:44
Same for me
Jim

Thank You Jim for your help :bowdown:

Scouse1958
7th January 2012, 16:13
Derek

Paul's explained the situation which I now understand fully.

I've seen the design of yours - looking good. Nice to see that a few of your more active members are supporting you with contributing to the cost.

Cheers

Thanks for your help Jim :)

James.uk
7th January 2012, 16:22
I will also contribute. But don't ask me to stick it in my window please! lol..:D

Scouse1958
7th January 2012, 16:52
Many Thanks James :bowdown:

neilll
7th January 2012, 21:59
Humph,
yes i`ll also stump up some cash towards our regional banner as long it doesn`t cost toooomooooch
neillll

andyg2011
7th January 2012, 22:03
paul

id also pit in a penny or three :getmecoat:

let me know

A

Jules
7th January 2012, 22:55
I'll donate towards this fine cause.
Let me know Paul;)

Scouse1958
7th January 2012, 23:10
Humph,
yes i`ll also stump up some cash towards our regional banner as long it doesn`t cost toooomooooch
neillll

Thank You Neilll :bowdown:

Scouse1958
7th January 2012, 23:11
paul

id also pit in a penny or three :getmecoat:

let me know

A

Hi andyg2011 many thanks it all helps :bowdown:

Scouse1958
7th January 2012, 23:12
I'll donate towards this fine cause.
Let me know Paul;)

Thank You Jules for your help :bowdown:

J1MBO
8th January 2012, 07:46
Looking good for the NW banner then.

Now we will also have to think about how its going to be displayed and probably have to look at having some sort of stand for use in car parks etc. I reckon we could fabricate something with some thought.

As an aside I've got a flagpole, Rover and MG flag's which I could bring to meets.

andyg2011
8th January 2012, 09:05
pUAL/JIM

i would like to confirm we now have a T-reg Launch Model 1999 in the north west as i went to wales and picked her up the vin checks out,

so along with a new banner and new north west people we have a launch model too which ill be bringing to meets,

thanks

A

J1MBO
8th January 2012, 12:42
pUAL/JIM

i would like to confirm we now have a T-reg Launch Model 1999 in the north west as i went to wales and picked her up the vin checks out,

so along with a new banner and new north west people we have a launch model too which ill be bringing to meets,

thanks

A

Nice one Andy, looking forward to seeing your new acquisition.

J1MBO
8th January 2012, 16:39
Paul

PM received and donation for banner just sent to your paypal address.

Cheers

Scouse1958
8th January 2012, 16:41
Bluejon has updated the banner a bit will post it now to see what you guys think :D

Paul

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Scouseman/janswageslips045a.jpg

Scouse1958
8th January 2012, 17:07
Paul

Cheers

Many Thanks Jim for your help :)

Paul

vindaloo
8th January 2012, 19:32
Bluejon has updated the banner a bit will post it now to see what you guys think :D

Paul

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Scouseman/janswageslips045a.jpg

IMHO North West should be 2 separate words.

J1MBO
8th January 2012, 19:36

Agree with you there Jim.

andyg2011
8th January 2012, 19:38
yes i agree too north west 2 words not one

vindaloo
8th January 2012, 19:39
Paul

Cheers

Scouse1958
8th January 2012, 20:01
Paul

Cheers

Many Thanks Vindaloo for your help in this helps a lot :)

Paul

Scouse1958
8th January 2012, 20:02

Ok i think that can be sorted :) do you like the flags on the top ?on either side ?

Canon
8th January 2012, 20:15
PM me your paypal Paul ill throw in for this ;)

vindaloo
8th January 2012, 20:15
Ok i think that can be sorted :) do you like the flags on the top ?on either side ?

I prefer without, it looks a bit too fussy with them in.

andyg2011
8th January 2012, 21:17
paul

PM received and donation for banner just sent to your paypal address

Scouse1958
8th January 2012, 21:22
Thank You Andy very much for your help :)

Paul

justmicky
9th January 2012, 08:34

I agree, I think it looks better without the flags.

J1MBO
9th January 2012, 09:27

I agree, I think it looks better without the flags.

I wasn't going to make any further comments after my initial one regarding the club logo, but I have to agree that the current design is a bit fussy. I also have a problem with the partially hidden union flag, or is it just me. I'll go along with the conscensus but it does need thinking about.

justmicky
9th January 2012, 10:07
I wasn't going to make any further comments after my initial one regarding the club logo, but I have to agree that the current design is a bit fussy. I also have a problem with the partially hidden union flag, or is it just me. I'll go along with the conscensus but it does need thinking about.

Yes, afraid I have to agree with that too, just doesnt quite fit in. I know what you are going to say though........well what else might we suggest?

J1MBO
9th January 2012, 11:17
Yes, afraid I have to agree with that too, just doesnt quite fit in. I know what you are going to say though........well what else might we suggest?

I know what you mean Micky but the problem is if we do too much tweaking with the current design it might be more sensible to start afresh.

I'll leave it up to Paul to gauge other members opinions on how to proceed.

Scouse1958
9th January 2012, 11:26
Hi Guys to me they look good and BlueJon worked very hard in doing them for me i owe him a big thanks for his help i would not of got this far without him a really nice guy

Paul

Bluejon
9th January 2012, 11:36
Hi Guys to me they look good and BlueJon worked very hard in doing them for me i owe him a big thanks for his help i would not of got this far without him a really nice guy

Paul

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for your kind words mate,if I can be of help in any way in the future,just get in touch,be glad to assist you in any way I can.

Very Kind Regards.

John.

justmicky
9th January 2012, 11:37

Paul

Yes Paul, you dont have to tell me what a great guy John is, I already know, and I know how much he always goes that extra mile. But you did ask for our opinions at the end of the day :shrug:

justmicky
7th February 2012, 21:14
Any further news on the banner? Whats happening? :shrug:

J1MBO
8th February 2012, 11:00
Any further news on the banner? Whats happening? :shrug:

I understand that Paul's got it in hand - hope's to have it sorted in time for the nano on the 25th March.

andyg2011
8th February 2012, 11:24
I understand that Paul's got it in hand - hope's to have it sorted in time for the nano on the 25th March.

very true Jim Thanks

we are working hard on the banner behind the scenes and we are going to make it up for the nano meet in march if not b4,

as regards t,shirts we are just waiting on a few things then that also we be out for members to buy

we will update next week on how it going,

Thanks guys

A

pab
8th February 2012, 11:28
very true Jim Thanks

we are working hard on the banner behind the scenes and we are going to make it up for the nano meet in march if not b4,

as regards t,shirts we are just waiting on a few things then that also we be out for members to buy

we will update next week on how it going,

Thanks guys

A
I suppose a nice Polo shirt could further entice me to make the trip over the hill in March.;)

andyg2011
8th February 2012, 11:32
I suppose a nice Polo shirt could further entice me to make the trip over the hill in March.;)

Hay PAB

We are looking into this and maybe fleeces too for the cold winter mths but we are waiting for samples then the go ahead can be done,

am really hoping to get all this done for the nano meet if not b4 and help Paul roll them out

A

DennisA
10th February 2012, 20:02
Hi Paul,

Sorry just seen this thread and missed the last meet at Hollow Tree, as had my brother in law over from New York and SWMBO insisted I take them out to N.Wales for the day.

Put me down for any contributions to the banner etc just let me know how you want the money paid.

Regarding Polo Shirts or Fleeces, a good idea but when you're my size (3X or more) it is normally cheaper to go out to tender first!

Brgds Dennis.

Scouse1958
19th March 2012, 14:41
Hi have had this made and will be bring to the meet on sunday.
Wanted to have the 75 and MG on different sides as in the name
what do you think ?

Paul

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Scouseman/Rover75banner.jpg

James.uk
19th March 2012, 15:25
That looks very nice Paul.. :}

Scouse1958
19th March 2012, 15:28
Thanks James wanted something for both makes of cars :)

Paul

woolleysox
19th March 2012, 16:18
Looking Good well done that man. WE always fly the flags:D:D

Scouse1958
19th March 2012, 16:28
Hi Rob Many Thanks for that :)

Paul

vindaloo
19th March 2012, 16:32
Looks good, what size is it (the flag that is:D)?

J1MBO
19th March 2012, 16:35
Looking good Paul, can't wait to see it on Sunday :bowdown: - I'll bring my flagpole and Rover/MG flags.

Scouse1958
19th March 2012, 16:37
Looks good, what size is it (the flag that is:D)?

Hi Jim the size is 4 x 3 so i hope its big enough :getmecoat:

Paul

vindaloo
19th March 2012, 16:53
Hi Jim the size is 4 x 3 so i hope its big enough :getmecoat:

Paul

My god, I hope that's not inches as I'll need binoculars to see it on Sunday:getmecoat:

Scouse1958
19th March 2012, 16:58
My god, I hope that's not inches as I'll need binoculars to see it on Sunday:getmecoat:

Will they said feet but you never know could be inches lol

Paul

pab
19th March 2012, 17:05
Looking good,you should stand out in the crowd with your regional fleeces on too..:}

Scouse1958
19th March 2012, 17:08
Thank You Pab i hope so want it to be a good day :)

Paul

Canon
19th March 2012, 17:14
Looking good,you should stand out in the crowd with your regional fleeces on too..:}

We will definatley stand out, i didnt realise just how bright royal blue is :shrug:

Well done Paul the flag looks ace mate ;)

Simondi
19th March 2012, 21:03
Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the flag at your meets, well done

trebor
19th March 2012, 21:36
thats 2 nano banners in existence now, reckon we should get in the Olympics opening ceremony

Scouse1958
20th March 2012, 08:55
Hi Rob i think we Should :)

Paul

ajp99
20th March 2012, 16:56
Hi, can't make the 25th but will chip in for this , please pm details.
Cheers Alec

DennisA
20th March 2012, 20:26
Hi Paul,

Sorry for late input but seems to have mised this one.

I would be very willing to help out with a donation to the banner, let me know the amount people are contributing and how you want it paid.

Brgds
Dennis