PDA

View Full Version : Haynes manual ..............LOOK!!!!!

Ken
24th November 2006, 14:53
Ok here is the news that some of you if not all of you have been waiting for :lol:

After a false start but not the fault of this club by the way we can now tell you that the Haynes manual is now available :D

After lengthy and hard negotiations lasting into the night :lol: we have got ourselves a discount as well. The Haynes manual will be available from Haynes at a discounted rate of 15% for our club members along with FREE 2nd class postage to UK addresses.

More news on how to order as soon as I get it from Haynes as they never put that in the email I have received. At a guess I would say you ring them and order it saying you are a club member but they have not yet confirmed that.

Ken

Ken
24th November 2006, 14:54
Alex

Its been posted to me today so as soon as it comes I will send it on:lol:

Cheers

Ken

Ken
24th November 2006, 15:02
Update

When you ring Haynes to order say you are a member of The 75 & ZT Owners Club and you will get your discount along with free postage. The RRP is £18.99 so it should be £16.15 to our members.

Remember Christmas is coming ;)

Ken

GreyGhost
24th November 2006, 15:10
Well done Ken, That gave me enough time to cancel my Amazon order which would not have been despatched until 27th -28th November.
Now I can get one through the club at the discounted price.

I'm very happy about that :lol:

Ken
24th November 2006, 15:13
Well done Ken, That gave me enough time to cancel my Amazon order which would not have been despatched until 27th -28th November.

Ghost if you or anyone else has problems ordering it from Haynes let me know and I will sort it. Hopefully everything will be fine though.:lol:

Ken

windrush
24th November 2006, 15:17
Well done Ken I know that you have worked very hard on this one,thanks very much

CDTi
24th November 2006, 15:19
Ken

Any idea how much postage to Ireland would be?

Ken
24th November 2006, 15:19
Well done Ken I know that you have worked very hard on this one,thanks very much

You are welcome Derek, my pleasure :lol:

GreyGhost
24th November 2006, 15:21
I have just placed my order with Haynes, they know all about us and they have as of 2 hours ago got stock.

Call on the main Customer services number and they will take your order.
01963 442030.

I'm even happier now :)

Haynes lady just phoned back and asked for the forum address so they could have a look.

Well done Ken, diamond geezer

Ken
24th November 2006, 15:24
Ken

Sorry I can't help with that as I have no idea at all :lol:

Ken

Alex30013k
24th November 2006, 15:25
Yay that means i can take my car apart over Christmas and put it back together again!

:D :D

GreyGhost
24th November 2006, 15:26
Ken

Give them a bell on the number I posted CD they will be only to happy to help.

GreyGhost
24th November 2006, 15:28
Yay that means i can take my car apart over Christmas and put it back together again!

:D :D

Incorrigible :rofl:

They only tell you how to take it to bits, so be careful :rofl:

Ken
24th November 2006, 15:31

Ghost that is not correct and you know it! All you do Alex after taking the car to bits is hold the manual in front of a mirror and work backwards :lol:

GreyGhost
24th November 2006, 15:33
Ghost that is not correct and you know it! All you do Alex after taking the car to bits is hold the manual in front of a mirror and work backwards :lol:

Cor fanx Ken, learn something new every day, love this site :D

Moonstone
24th November 2006, 15:41

The website quotes standard £5.50 per order for Western European destinations, including RoI, but also £2.75 for UK 2nd Class Post, so maybe they would discount that. Prices likely to be charged in euros, according to Ts & Cs.

loupus666
24th November 2006, 15:43
Damn....just rang to order & they say they can`t check club membership & that I should call back on Monday! just hope they still have some then....
Mark

GreyGhost
24th November 2006, 15:52
Damn....just rang to order & they say they can`t check club membership & that I should call back on Monday! just hope they still have some then....
Mark

Hi Mark I just rang them to see what's going on.
It's nothing to do with checking membership. They will accept just being told that you are member.
The problem is that their computer systems have just gone down and they are unable to take any more orders until Monday.
They do apologise for any inconvenience.

rovermech
24th November 2006, 15:56
Hi all
Been in my local Halfords today and the manager phoned Haynes about the 75 manual he was told the container had arrived in England and they should have the manual's ready for sale next week ( I thought they were printed at Yeovil Somerset) probably come from China!
I was told with a Halfords trade card the price is £11.99

Ken
24th November 2006, 16:01
Hi all
Been in my local Halfords today and the manager phoned Haynes about the 75 manual he was told the container had arrived in England and they should have the manual's ready for sale next week ( I thought they were printed at Yeovil Somerset) probably come from China!
I was told with a Halfords trade card the price is £11.99

£11.99 thats a cracking price so take it :lol:

They are printed in the USA by the way

Ken
24th November 2006, 16:02
Hi Mark I just rang them to see what's going.
It's nothing to do with checking membership. They will accept just being told that you are member.
The problem is that their computer systems have just gone down and they are unable to take any more orders until Monday.
They do apologise for any inconvenience.

Thanks Ghost you just saved me the price of a call :D

GreyGhost
24th November 2006, 16:09
Thanks Ghost you just saved me the price of a call :D

Tightwad :) or worms to that effect.:rofl:

I'm happy with the club price (delivered). It's warm and comfortable in here.
By the time I take the car out to Halfords and back. Wear and tear, petrol, my time, queing up with all the flu ridden hoy poloy, inevitably spending more money on something else that I could really do without.
No contest.

What is a Halfords trade card?

Raistlin
24th November 2006, 16:49
Thanks Ken :)

I'll also be on the phone on Monday morning

madone
24th November 2006, 16:56
Thanks Ken. Hope its been worth the wait :lol:

Kandyman
24th November 2006, 17:01
Great work Ken.

Just told the wife what i want for xmas :)

yp53
24th November 2006, 17:12
Great work Ken.

Just told the wife what i want for xmas :)

....so where does a Haynes manual come into it? Ooh Err!

I thought you had just bought your xmas present anyway?

Kandyman
24th November 2006, 17:32
No there were my birthday present to match my wooden wheel i got last week ;)

actros
24th November 2006, 18:23
Thanks Ghost you just saved me the price of a call :DItold gg that you were the one to bow down to Ken he will prob listen to his elders in time.:cool2: :suckers:

GreyGhost
24th November 2006, 18:32
:nastypc: Why isn't there an infraction for being a cheeky blighter when you need one? :laughing2:

Christopher
24th November 2006, 18:37
Good-oh Ken ;) - need to order on Monday too now (Is the 75 on the cover in silver or not??)

GreyGhost
24th November 2006, 18:40
Good-oh Ken ;) - need to order on Monday too now (Is the 75 on the cover in silver or not??)

More or less, you could call it silver :(

Mike
24th November 2006, 18:45
Good work Ken :)

iirc the car on the cover is copper....err I mean white :)

Mike
24th November 2006, 18:50
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/945674cf03d0a7.jpg

Christopher
24th November 2006, 18:56
That is just VERY VERY polished Silver ;) ;) ;)

yp53
24th November 2006, 19:17
Obviously MGR used up the worlds supply of Starlight Silver ink when they printed the sales brochures.

Mike
24th November 2006, 19:45
Nah, its just the primer coat, before they put the Copperleaf on ;) ;) :D

JP53
24th November 2006, 20:29
Ok here is the news that some of you if not all of you have been waiting for :lol:

After a false start but not the fault of this club by the way we can now tell you that the Haynes manual is now available :D

After lengthy and hard negotiations lasting into the night :lol: we have got ourselves a discount as well. The Haynes manual will be available from Haynes at a discounted rate of 15% for our club members along with FREE 2nd class postage to UK addresses.

More news on how to order as soon as I get it from Haynes as they never put that in the email I have received. At a guess I would say you ring them and order it saying you are a club member but they have not yet confirmed that.

Ken

Top man Ken, well done. I will order mine first thing monday :clap:

tourerfogey
24th November 2006, 21:30
They are available on eBay for £13.99 + £2.95 P&P (£16.94 Total)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Haynes-Workshop-Manual-Rover-25-75-MG-ZR-ZT-99-05_W0QQitemZ250052666198QQihZ015QQcategoryZ18425QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Simon
24th November 2006, 22:34
Hooray for Haynes manuals! :clap:

Will order asap. Then I'll say to swmbo something along the lines of,
"So, err. Christmas. If you're stuck for ideas, then there's something in the post. Look out for it. I think I would like it for Christmas. Thank you, please very much." ;) :D

Ken
25th November 2006, 06:54
They are available on eBay for £13.99 + £2.95 P&P (£16.94 Total)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Haynes-Workshop-Manual-Rover-25-75-MG-ZR-ZT-99-05_W0QQitemZ250052666198QQihZ015QQcategoryZ18425QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

At a very good price as well but its now been bought so there was only one. It also say's that its not available until the end of November, probably someone who has a trade account with Haynes and is making a quick profit before actually getting it :lol:

Ti Rich
26th November 2006, 13:54
Well done to all concerned, just what we needed.

Mike
26th November 2006, 15:46
All credit to you Ken. A great job :)

Just asked SWMBO to order it as a my Xmas present with the club discount!

Mike

Raistlin
27th November 2006, 10:54
Well - that's one of the easiest things I've ordered for a while :)

Clearly, Haynes are receiving a LOT of phonecalls as the person on the other end of the phone didn't even have to ask me which club it was.

Freepost as well, that's about a fiver overall saved from the Amazon total - Thanks again Ken

Roverama
27th November 2006, 11:18
Thanks Ken

Ordered mine this morning, mentioned the club, got the discount !

Steve

Rushy Racer
27th November 2006, 12:01
Thanks Ken

Ordered mine this morning, mentioned the club, got the discount !

Steve

Me too !!

crofts
27th November 2006, 12:03

Good advice GG.Wot But it's ok, I'm sure the answer will be on the last page :-
'for assembly, take the bits to your friendly Rover dealer who has all the necessary tools & equipment .......:eek: and part 2 of this manual, reassembly' (only available to the trade / available 2008:rolleyes: !)
Actually, I think we will find Haynes have put some extra effort into this manual. Just hope the paper and photo quality is better than some of their other manuals. The 99-2002 Vectra manual is on newstype paper that isn't even white which does nothing for the photo quality :sad3:

As I'm typing this phone rang......... This is Haynes phoning to say the manual is available. Good of them, I left the message in May !:lol:

windrush
27th November 2006, 14:49
Mines on its way ordered it this morning and the young lady said it will be in the post this afternoon,thanks again to our Ken

GreyGhost
27th November 2006, 15:19
Mines on its way ordered it this morning and the young lady said it will be in the post this afternoon,thanks again to our Ken

He's not just a pretty face, :)
Done us proud on that one.

Ken
27th November 2006, 17:55
Thanks lads but really no thanks are needed.

Guess I had better buy one now!

Just had a thought, if the saving is say £3 what can you buy for that? Very little nowadays, perhaps a pint of real ale? 10 ciggies? a gallon of petrol or £3 owners clubs subs! only a thought :D

Only joking :lol:.................................. sort of ;)

Cheers all

Ken

Ken
28th November 2006, 08:15
Just ordered mine with no problems at all. As someone else said they must be getting a lot of calls because when I told them I am a member of the club she said "o'h yes no problem" without even checking. :lol:

Kandyman
28th November 2006, 08:28
I heard you said to them "Do you know who i am " ;)

I would think that the only phone calls they would be getting would be club members, the "normal" people would just buy it online or from halfords ;)

Zeb
28th November 2006, 08:33
Just ordered mine...quick, easy and efficient...most unusual in this country!
Thanks guys.

baxlin
28th November 2006, 09:37
Can anyone let me have the Haynes order line phone number, please? SWMBO asked today what I want for Christmas!

(actually it went something like - shall I choose something or do you want something for one of your cars...........) Not bad, my missus!

Kandyman
28th November 2006, 09:48
I have just placed my order with Haynes, they know all about us and they have as of 2 hours ago got stock.

Call on the main Customer services number and they will take your order.
01963 442030.

I'm even happier now :)

Haynes lady just phoned back and asked for the forum address so they could have a look.

Well done Ken, diamond geezer

try this :)

baxlin
28th November 2006, 09:56
Thanks Kandyman.

Memo to self "Read the posts"

Malcolm

Kandyman
28th November 2006, 09:59
No worries baxlin,

we have to have some work to do here :)

EnEnGee
28th November 2006, 12:45
Just ordered mine. No problems and very efficient. Make sure you ask for the Club discount. Main customer services line seemed to work for me (01963 442030).

JohnDotCom
28th November 2006, 15:07
Just Ordered Mine, No Problems At All, Lovely Helpful Lady Other End Of Line.

Said She Had Quite A few Orders Now Up In The Fifties Range From Members.

Ken You Should Be On Commision Mate!

But Thanks Well Worth The Phone Call.

Kandyman
29th November 2006, 09:47
I go this from Amazon this morning as i never cancelled my order with them, i have now :)

-----------------------------------
Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order.

Unfortunately, an unexpected delay from our supplier may prevent us from delivering some items in your order by Christmas.
The following items have been delayed:

Robert Jex "Rover 75 and MG ZT Petrol and Diesel Service and Repair
Manual: 1999 to 2006 (Haynes Service & Repair Manuals)"

Our current estimate is that it will take an additional 4-6 weeks to obtain these items for you.

GreyGhost
29th November 2006, 10:03
Mine just arrived. Yippee.

Usual standard of photographs not the best quality paper but perfectly acceptable. haven't had time to read much of it yet but looks at first glance to be a very useful piece of kit. :)

CDTi
29th November 2006, 14:33
The website quotes standard £5.50 per order for Western European destinations, including RoI, but also £2.75 for UK 2nd Class Post, so maybe they would discount that. Prices likely to be charged in euros, according to Ts & Cs.

Logic would seem to dictate that if UK customers get free postage, then non-UK customers would have that £2.75 deducted from the £5.50 charge.

Haynes, however, have informed me that "the postage is a standard charge and unfortunately not discountable".

When I politely informed them that this Club are getting a discounted postage rate (i.e. free!), I was told that "Unfortunately the postal charge to Customers in the Republic of Ireland would be £5.50 if they are a car club member or a member of the public paying full price for one of our manuals."

Well, I'll be taking my business elsewhere. I know its only £2.75 but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Well done, though, to Ken for an excellent deal.

windrush
29th November 2006, 14:42
Mine arrived this morning must say a great service from Haynes

madone
29th November 2006, 15:46
Just ordered mine, first chance I've had. Very helpful and friendly lady. Thanks Ken :D

CDTi
29th November 2006, 15:57
Just got mine here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300055056395&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=300055008795&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget

£18.95 inclusive of postage to Ireland.

Simon
29th November 2006, 16:35
I go this from Amazon this morning as i never cancelled my order with them, i have now :)

-----------------------------------
Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order.

Unfortunately, an unexpected delay from our supplier may prevent us from delivering some items in your order by Christmas.
The following items have been delayed:

Robert Jex "Rover 75 and MG ZT Petrol and Diesel Service and Repair
Manual: 1999 to 2006 (Haynes Service & Repair Manuals)"

Our current estimate is that it will take an additional 4-6 weeks to obtain these items for you.

Ah, the joys of automated computer systems for you. Always giving you notices and emails/letters days or even weeks after you've amended/cancelled something or other! :rolleyes:

davehockley
29th November 2006, 20:02
I received mine this morning and I only ordered it Monday lunchtime. I don't usually receive first class letters that fast and it's a second class large packet. Great service and a lot cheaper than Halfords. Thanks Ken!! :D

Regards,

Dave

crofts
30th November 2006, 04:12

Just as well you did GG. Amazon have just advised me they won't be able to ship till 28 December. Work that one out ! !
I left my order with them so as not to delay obtaining one and had been advised it would be despatched on 27th Nov. Bit pi**ed off as the Haynes lady phoned me last week. So cancelled the Amazon order and will phone Haynes first thing in the morning. Saves me enough to buy the wife's Xmas present :D
Actually I sent an Email to Amazon asking why they are selling at full retail +P&P. Think it was £21.66 from Amazon :eek:

Alex30013k
30th November 2006, 05:02
:( ...........

:confused: :confused:

CDTi
30th November 2006, 09:31
This is getting confusing. What is the price inc p&p and club discount direct from Haynes?

£16.15 for UK customers

Tatts
30th November 2006, 10:37
Will someone please kick me. Hard?

I ordered mine direct from Haynes, full price plus P&P - forgot all about this.

GreyGhost
30th November 2006, 11:23

Give them a ring and see if you can get it sorted if you haven't already received it. They are very helpful folks.

GreyGhost
30th November 2006, 11:25
Thanks CDTi, I'll buy one from Haynes.

Don't order on the web you have to call them to get the club discount £16.15 delivered.

BMC123
30th November 2006, 13:44
Got mine this morning, it was supposed to be a Christmas present, but as soon as it arrived it got opened :D after a quick read it shall be put into the cupboard, and i hope i never have to see it for a long time (if you get my drift) ;)

Roverama
30th November 2006, 14:38
I think mine arrived this morning, but as I wasn't at home to receive it I have to wait 48 hours to collect it from the sorting office, ******!!!

Neil Coupland
30th November 2006, 15:44
£16.15 for UK customers

Saved a penny!! Just rang up and ordered my copy, got the impression over the phone that a number have already done so today. At the end of the transaction was told that the price was £16.14....it must be Christmas!:D

Ken
30th November 2006, 16:16
Saved a penny!! Just rang up and ordered my copy, got the impression over the phone that a number have already done so today. At the end of the transaction was told that the price was £16.14....it must be Christmas!:D

It is £16.14 and its my fault for quoting the extra penny. Its slightly over the 14p and I thought they would round up and not down :lol:

Ken

Rushy Racer
30th November 2006, 16:44
Mine arrived today, so it's self help on the misfire problem that nobody has any ideas about ( well 12 of you have read it but no replies )

Keith
30th November 2006, 17:03

You get the order of the "plonker" and GG wil PM you a little green chapie if you ask nicely :)

madone
30th November 2006, 17:29

Ditto :drool4:

Ken
1st December 2006, 15:36
One thirty this afternoon and a ring on the door bell! Nice friendly postman with two Haynes manuals for me. One is mine and the other belongs to some bloke who won it fair and square at Beaulieu for the members vote of best car of the meet.

Going in the post tomorrow Alex so with luck it will be with you by Tuesday :lol:

To be honest the manual at first glance seems to be better than I expected :lol:

Ken

windrush
1st December 2006, 15:45
One thirty this afternoon and a ring on the door bell! Nice friendly postman with two Haynes manuals for me. One is mine and the other belongs to some bloke who won it fair and square at Beaulieu for the members vote of best car of the meet.

Going in the post tomorrow Alex so with luck it will be with you by Tuesday :lol:

To be honest the manual at first glance seems to be better than I expected :lol:

Ken

Well done Ken and thanks once again for all the effort that you put into this

Zeb
1st December 2006, 15:46
Got mine this morning....hardback! Nice surprise! Quality of the paper inside was not such a nice surprise....you certainly wouldn't want to get it wet or oily! Content seems good but photos rather small for my eyes...

Anyway, well pleased with the discount thanks to the club guys!:D

JohnDotCom
1st December 2006, 16:22
Mine arrived today. Very Quick service & Thanks guys for getting the discount!
Seem to have forgot differences on Facelift model though!

Raistlin
1st December 2006, 19:29
It's here :)

That's tonight's bedtime reading taken care of :)

crofts
1st December 2006, 22:49
Just as well you did GG. Amazon have just advised me they won't be able to ship till 28 December. Work that one out ! !
I left my order with them so as not to delay obtaining one and had been advised it would be despatched on 27th Nov. Bit pi**ed off as the Haynes lady phoned me last week. So cancelled the Amazon order and will phone Haynes first thing in the morning. Saves me enough to buy the wife's Xmas present :D
Actually I sent an Email to Amazon asking why they are selling at full retail +P&P. Think it was £21.66 from Amazon :eek:

Well was going to phone Haynes but thought just for fun i would phone the 3 shops I use in Cambridge. Halfords and Wilco didn't have but, surprise, surprise, Discount Autoparts ( A1 ) did. Cost me £1 more than from Haynes so not bad.
Interestingly Wilco said they charge £14.99 for all Haynes manuals.
The paper quality is miles better than the last manual I bought and I think the photos, in that 'grey Scale', are clear. If black, of a black part, the detail is not clear.
Need to have another look but don't think they have got it right for removing the fan.

EnEnGee
4th December 2006, 12:05
Visited the Royal Mail Sorting Office Saturday morning to pick mine up as too big to go in through letter box. Pictures a little on the small side but par for the course in Haynes these days, and some of the print is not the best.

They have also perpetuated the myth, refuted by Richard Woolley in the brief interview on this site, about the car being "apparently based on a 5 series platform". Otherwise, I am satisified and would rather have it than be completely on our own. Spent much of Sunday evening scanning through it.

Ken, a big thanks for arranging the price reduction deal with the publishers. Top man.

andyjshaw
6th December 2006, 12:07
Ordered my copy today - very nice people!!!
Delivery 4-7 days.

baxlin
6th December 2006, 12:44
They said that to me also - but it arrived in two days!

madone
6th December 2006, 14:30
They said that to me also - but it arrived in two days!

Same for me also, great service.

CDTi
6th December 2006, 17:57
Just got mine here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300055056395&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=300055008795&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget

£18.95 inclusive of postage to Ireland.

Arrived today - Seller recommended to any non-UK buyers

Freeway
11th December 2006, 19:11

Kenhi ken have just got mine hayes but husband not letting me have it till christmas i think people have forgotten me no post for a long time viv.:hurt:

Ken
11th December 2006, 19:19
hi ken have just got mine hayes but husband not letting me have it till christmas i think people have forgotten me no post for a long time viv.:hurt:

Tell hubby to give you the book after all you have been waiting for it for ages:lol:

Ken

grivas
14th December 2006, 12:36
Hi all, and a Merry Christmas to all of you.
My experience with Haynes Manual in the recent years is that they are rather disappointing , lacking in detail and clarity, and was wandering if the long awaited one for the R75/MG etc is worth the cost.

thanks

GreyGhost
14th December 2006, 12:56
The Haynes manual for the 75 and ZT seems be to pretty comprehensive. The photographs are not of the best quality neither is the paper the book is printed on. Having said that it is very easy to follow and the pictures are adequate. It is also perfectly legal to own a copy.

BTW welcome to the club and the forum

JP53
14th December 2006, 19:12
hi ken have just got mine hayes but husband not letting me have it till christmas i think people have forgotten me no post for a long time viv.:hurt:

I've bought my wife one for Christmas too :D

SCOTTY1
15th December 2006, 18:27
I've spent 4 hours scanning mine into a PDF format so that I can just print the parts I need when doing something on the car.

Helps keep my book nice and clean :D

Zeb
15th December 2006, 18:43
I've spent 4 hours scanning mine into a PDF format so that I can just print the parts I need when doing something on the car.

Helps keep my book nice and clean :D

It'll keep your book clean but is still a breach of copyright....which you have just admitted on a public forum... :youmug:

GreyGhost
15th December 2006, 18:51
It'll keep your book clean but is still a breach of copyright....which you have just admitted on a public forum... :youmug:

Backup copy for your own use is I think OK or is that just software. :D
Where's an expert when you need one? :D

SCOTTY1
15th December 2006, 18:58

Wrong! You are allowed by law to make 1 copy of any origonal work you own for your own use.

You are not allowed to sell for finantional gain, or distribute by any means.

As I own an origonal copy of the manual, I am perfectly entitled to make a copy for my own use.;)

Zeb
15th December 2006, 20:06
Wrong! You are allowed by law to make 1 copy of any origonal work you own for your own use.

You are not allowed to sell for finantional gain, or distribute by any means.

As I own an origonal copy of the manual, I am perfectly entitled to make a copy for my own use.;)

I quote from the Haynes manual...

'No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording or by any information storage retrieval system, without permission in writing from the copyright holder.'

I see no reference to copying for personal use.

SCOTTY1
15th December 2006, 21:37
It's still irrelevant, UK law takes precedence over any general statement in any published works of intellectual property by any media type.

Zeb
15th December 2006, 21:52
It's still irrelevant, UK law takes precedence over any general statement in any published works of intellectual property by any media type.

Errr, no.....UK law states that copying more than one chapter of a book would be unlikely to constitute fair dealing and would therefore be illegal. Check out the Copyright Licensing Agency:

http://www.cla.co.uk/licensing/LibraryPoster_A4.pdf

Simon
15th December 2006, 22:01
To be fair, I don't think Hayne's are going to mind so long as PDF documents don't start being sold on eBay or something. :rofl:

Whatever the law does or does not state, I don't think we should lose sleep over this one... ;)

GreyGhost
15th December 2006, 22:02
You blokes just carry on if you wish but this seems to me to a pretty pointless conversation. Bloke A. is protecting his investment. Bloke B. disputes whether it is or is not legal. Bloke C-Z. Really doesn't care. :D.
If you are happy talking about it though, then, carry on. :)

windrush
16th December 2006, 08:27
You blokes just carry on if you wish but this seems to me to a pretty pointless conversation. Bloke A. is protecting his investment. Bloke B. disputes whether it is or is not legal. Bloke C-Z. Really doesn't care. :D.

agreed (no point)

Zeb
16th December 2006, 09:18
Sorry but there is a perfectly obvious point. Haynes kindly gave the club a discount, for the club to then have wrong information on its public forums as regards the copying of the Haynes manual (which breaches Haynes' copyright) is simply not sensible.

SCOTTY1
16th December 2006, 12:33

Actually, Bloke A doesent care either but bloke B doesen't know when to quit :box:

Blokes C-Z - PMSL :laughing2:

Bloke A - :wine: "hic"

T-Cut
16th December 2006, 12:59
The Copyright legislation is very clear on this. A copy of any article made for personal/private use, where such use has no commercial motivation, is permitted. You can also get the facts here.http://www.cla.co.uk/copyright/copyrightlaw.html

Scotty1 is allowed to copy his Haynes manual in PDF provided he's using it for his personal/private purposes. If he referred to the copy to enable him to service cars as a business, he would break the law. The crux seems to be in the interpretation of 'use'.

Whether he would be legally entitled to copy the whole book in one go rather than the specific section of interest, is arguable. Those sections not relevant at the time would remain unused. Copying something and then not using it would seem to me outside the rules.

TC

GreyGhost
16th December 2006, 14:05
Actually, Bloke A doesent care either but bloke B doesen't know when to quit :box:

Blokes C-Z - PMSL :laughing2:

Bloke A - :wine: "hic"

:iagree: :hurray: :hurray: :xmas-smiley-028: :xmas-smiley-009: :Snow: :xmas-smiley-008:
:xmas-smiley-037: :xmas-smiley-045: :xmas-smiley-041:

Thanks Smiley King :)

GreyGhost
16th December 2006, 22:14
GG - your Christmas graphics get more impressive by the minute!

All Petes hard work on the smiley page, he's added loads of happy holiday emoticons.:xmas-smiley-039:

Freeway
30th December 2006, 20:12
Tell hubby to give you the book after all you have been waiting for it for ages:lol:

KenHi ken happy new year i have got my number plate very pleased i brought it from dvla they were the cheapest :)

Timbo.P6
28th January 2007, 20:31
Just bought this on ebay for just over £15 including postage,
The seller is 37245 (thats his name ,not the amount of feedback hes got)

JohnDotCom
27th June 2008, 23:15
Does anyone know if this offer is still open to New Members?

adrenalin rush
28th June 2008, 11:37
Tightwad :) or worms to that effect.:rofl:

I'm happy with the club price (delivered). It's warm and comfortable in here.
By the time I take the car out to Halfords and back. Wear and tear, petrol, my time, queing up with all the flu ridden hoy poloy, inevitably spending more money on something else that I could really do without.
No contest.

What is a Halfords trade card?
Gives discount on all parts and tools an enginer from work poped round to sort my ford out said he would get part from his parts place took him to hellfords. Could not get over the discount. He now has a trade card
Worth geting...........Yes

WEJ11
28th June 2008, 16:09
Do you have the email address. I wish to order the manual and wish to know if they can courier it to Malaysia?

GreyGhost
28th June 2008, 16:16
Welcome to the club and the forum, be sure to let Haynes know you are a member here to get your discount. If Haynes will not ship to KL let me know and you can have it shipped to me and I will forward to you.
Haynes manuals are available world wide so I should think they will ship to you.

http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001

podge
28th June 2008, 17:52
I have a Halfrauds Trade Card, you get quite a good discount on service items...not the overpriced polishes etc., but definately worth having.P.

Ken
28th June 2008, 18:16
The Haynes manual offer is not time restricted and still stands :)

Ken

JohnDotCom
28th June 2008, 18:18
Cheers Ken, I had an enquiry from Member. :D

steve107
9th July 2008, 10:23
i got a new rover /mg haynes manual of ebay for £12 del .the best

Ken
9th July 2008, 10:29
i got a new rover /mg haynes manual of ebay for £12 del .the best

There are some good deals out there now for the manuals. Remember this thread and the club offer was started when the manuals first came out. The offer is still open but the thing is now to shop around. My local shop was selling them for £14 a couple of weeks ago.

Ken

johnnyallan
9th July 2008, 10:47
Do they do a manual for the Rover 75 CDTi, everywhere I have looked they say, Haynes don't do one

GreyGhost
9th July 2008, 10:54
Do they do a manual for the Rover 75 CDTi, everywhere I have looked they say, Haynes don't do one

They are Petrol and Diesel combined.

http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=34009&langId=-1

http://www.haynes.co.uk/Press/HaynesJackets/RGBhr_4292.jpg

stevemac
9th July 2008, 19:58
They are Petrol and Diesel combined.

http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=34009&langId=-1

Although the cover says up to 2006, that really only covers the common parts to both pre and facelift. When I emailed Haynes about how to remove the washer bottle on my facelift they did not realise that it was different. They explained that Rover never gave them a facelift to work on. So if you have a mk2 the Haynes may not be as usefull as you would like.

geoff11
9th July 2008, 21:04
Well after viewing all posts for an answer Ive just had it in the last post , no V8 coverage :shrug:

Duotone
9th July 2008, 21:06
Here are the instructions from a Rover manual.

I thought that removing the washer bottle on the facelift was the same as the mk.1..

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l45/newfeather/washerbottle.jpg

Dave T

stevemac
9th July 2008, 21:41
Here are the instructions from a Rover manual.

I thought that removing the washer bottle on the facelift was the same as the mk.1..

Dave T

Hi Dave,
The washer on my mk2 is looks completely different and is mounted a different way as well. I tried to follow the how to instructions from this forum but they made no sense when compared to my washer. Hence the email to Haynes.