PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Phil

GreyGhost
24th November 2006, 16:29
:clap:
Thanks to Phil for the How to install a driver side cup holder. I never would have found the nasty little locking clip. Even knowing it was there I found it hard to see. (that's mainly because I'm a bit deaf in one ear, don't ask).

If anybody is in need of a RHS Cup holder blank in Walnut. It's going spare.

Cup holder blank has gone to a good home:)

Phil
24th November 2006, 18:25
Thanks for the shoutout mate, makes it seem worthwhile, glad it made sense to you!:party:

Mike
25th November 2006, 06:12
Doesn't it get in the way of the gear lever?

Simon,

It doesn't no. There is actually plenty of clearance between the two.

The problem it does cause is the one that led to Rover quickly discontinuing the d/s holder as a standard fit on higher specs in 1999. The holder when open meets the drivers clutch leg! Apparently there were too many warranty claims for broken holders so they stopped fitting them :)

Mike

JohnDotCom
26th November 2006, 11:25
The Phone Holder fits on the Passenger side replacing the Cup Holder there, so no worries with the Clutch leg.

Some New ones on EBay at moment but they do tend to get silly on there due to them being "RARE" ahem!

Don't even mention Drivers side Cup holders, they are still available & cheaper from XPart Dealers.

JohnDotCom
26th November 2006, 12:22
:driving:And that worries you because............:lovebirds: Oh I forgot about what the wife may say.

They at least don't have to change gear.

Solution all drive Automatics! Problem Solved. :D

GreyGhost
26th November 2006, 17:37
Mine is auto, but even so it's best not to use it when in motion.