PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Interior

Tricky160
24th November 2006, 17:36
Is it just me or my car, or does evryones zt - t (or zt) suffer from a noisy ineterior.

I can live with the leather seat noise, but it seams to me that the door trims are forever creaking (I drive about 30k a year - alot of it on small roads)

The noise does seem to reduce if I lower the windows slightly! but its a bit cold at the minute!

If it is a common problem I will learn to live with this form of chinese torture:mad:

jim_mcglynn
24th November 2006, 17:42
I have a small "leather cleaner" cloth tucked down the side of my seat to stop the leather squeeking.

Tricky160
24th November 2006, 17:46
I have a small "leather cleaner" cloth tucked down the side of my seat to stop the leather squeeking.

Godd idea, the seat is the least of my problems, once I have done a few miles and I'm settled in (15 1/2 stone) It tends to stop - other than when I shuffle around trying to find where the other noises are coming from!

GreyGhost
24th November 2006, 17:48
My windows creak if I open them slightly :)
Fine when closed or open more that 2 inches. Most annoying but not as annoying as yours.
The seat cushion also squeaks up against the centre cubby hole, I'll try the cloth trick and see if it can be cured. Thanks

yp53
24th November 2006, 17:53
I find that if you give both sides of the window glass towards the edge a good clean with car polish, it helps a lot.

Tricky160
24th November 2006, 17:55
I find that if you give both sides of the window glass towards the edge a good clean with car polish, it helps a lot.

I did the outsides, but not inside - cheers, I will try is tommorrow.

Keith
24th November 2006, 18:27
Go and buy a can of silicon releasing spray and do all the door and window seals

My MK1 190 with rock hard suspension had all sorts of rattles and creaks from the windows, not any more though

Also if you want a bit more soundproofing get the bulkhead insulation from a breakers

My V8 is far more refined silent except for the thing that matters under the bonnet

Tricky160
24th November 2006, 18:35
Go and buy a can of silicon releasing spray and do all the door and window seals

My MK1 190 with rock hard suspension had all sorts of rattles and creaks from the windows, not any more though

Also if you want a bit more soundproofing get the bulkhead insulation from a breakers

My V8 is far more refined silent except for the thing that matters under the bonnet

Thanks Keith, is it the sort of thing I can get from Halfords?

Tricky160
26th November 2006, 11:18

Thanks Keith - bought some yesterday and did it this morning, it has made a massive difference, really enjoyed my drive this morning!

windrush
26th November 2006, 14:47

Haveing no problems with mine so far but thats a tip worth remembering thanks for that Keith

Gandalf
12th December 2006, 11:00
Hi,

Can someone tell what the spray is you used and where to spray it please.

Thanx

Gandalf