PDA

View Full Version : maf sensor/rover ron

7t5
24th November 2006, 18:46
my 75 is as previously mentioned very sluggish at pulling away. it seems it could be the maf sensor.

reading rover rons site page im not sure what i need to fit and how to remove the old maf.

its better to fit a Pierburgh maf and an MF75p but whats involved in this? is it easy to do?

anybody use the above? i know the car needs sorting so before i spend out again any advise would be appreciated
can you clear it up for me ron, in simpe talk :pepsi: thanks

many thx

my car symptoms are.

sluggish at lights
poor pull away
dead point before pulling away.
cars fine when up to speed but takes bit longer to get there

Kandyman
25th November 2006, 07:03
Sorry i can't help you as i have a petrol :)

if no one comes to offer any help drop Ron a pm link to here i'am sure he'll help you out.

Zeb
25th November 2006, 07:06
my 75 is as previously mentioned very sluggish at pulling away. it seems it could be the maf sensor.

reading rover rons site page im not sure what i need to fit and how to remove the old maf.

its better to fit a Pierburgh maf and an MF75p but whats involved in this? is it easy to do?

anybody use the above? i know the car needs sorting so before i spend out again any advise would be appreciated

many thx

my car symptoms are.

sluggish at lights
poor pull away

Disconnect your maf sensor, if it works better without you need either a new one(bosch is original but you can use a Pierburgh (sp?), or a Synergy unit - which will compensate for the knackered maf and give you a significant peformance boost.

Keith
25th November 2006, 09:17
Yep as above, absolutely the first thing to do is just unplug it
If the car files then your Maf is duff, once you have established that then decide what to buy.

Roverron
25th November 2006, 10:18

many thx

my car symptoms are.

sluggish at lights
poor pull away

As suggested, unplug the maf sensor connector and be ready for the improvement.
If so, then a Pierburgh maf and MF75p is one option if you are happy with the overall performance.

Otherwise a Synergy + Pierburgh maf is the way to go, giving about 145bhp on 116 and 150ish on a 131ps engine.

To get at the maf conenctor you need to remove the air filter cover. This has 3x 5mm (captive) hex bolts along the top front edge and one either end lower down at the rear corners. A long reach allen key is best (& supplied with the Synergy)
Fitting the air filter cover is fiddly as it fits into slots in the lower section. If the bolts won't screw in easily, its misaligned.

Ron