PDA

View Full Version : MGs IN THE PARK 2012

JEK
24th January 2012, 22:28
Hi all,
There is some detail about this event on the Midlands Event forum but I thought I would replicate it here just in case anyone misses out.

MGs IN THE PARK is an annual event staged by the Oxfordshire MG Owners Club and is held at the Cotswold Wildlife Park just off the A361, 2miles south of the Burford roundabout on the A40, Oxford to Cheltenham road.
The date is 27th MAY 2012.
Entry to the show and the Wildlife Park is FREE to all MG Drivers
Just to confirm, the same arrangement as last year will apply to those club members with Rover 75s.... That is...FREE entry for car and driver.... Same as the ZTs.
Only passengers pay the Park entry fee but that will be at a reduced group rate. TBA
No charge is made by Oxfordshire MGOC for entry to the MG show which is held within the Wildlife Park itself.
However, please ensure that you have the club sticker shown on your car. It makes life easier at the Park's pay booth.
The event includes a Pride of Ownership competition with very nice trophies for the class winners and one for the overall winner on the day. There is a 25-30 mile Cotswold Run after lunch and a few trade stands to add interest on the day. Bring along a picnic and enjoy the day out in fabulous surroundings.
The event starts at 10am and goes through to around 4.30pm.
The event is open to all types of MGs, both old and new so should be of interest to all.
Oxfordshire MG Owners Club looks forward to welcoming you along.

John
Area Secretary
Oxfordshire MG Owners club

Check out http://www.oxfordshiremgoc.co.uk

Petetourer
25th January 2012, 02:31
Thanks for this... I have already said that I should make it along to this one as with a wildlife park on offer, it really is quite easy to convince the missus!!! :D:D

If anyone else from south central is coming then give me a shout, maybe we can meet up :shrug:

Pete

Hi all,
There is some detail about this event on the Midlands Event forum but I thought I would replicate it here just in case anyone misses out.

MGs IN THE PARK is an annual event staged by the Oxfordshire MG Owners Club and is held at the Cotswold Wildlife Park just off the A361, 2miles south of the Burford roundabout on the A40, Oxford to Cheltenham road.
The date is 27th MAY 2012.
Entry to the show and the Wildlife Park is FREE to all MG Drivers
Just to confirm, the same arrangement as last year will apply to those club members with Rover 75s.... That is...FREE entry for car and driver.... Same as the ZTs.
Only passengers pay the Park entry fee but that will be at a reduced group rate. TBA
No charge is made by Oxfordshire MGOC for entry to the MG show which is held within the Wildlife Park itself.
However, please ensure that you have the club sticker shown on your car. It makes life easier at the Park's pay booth.
The event includes a Pride of Ownership competition with very nice trophies for the class winners and one for the overall winner on the day. There is a 25-30 mile Cotswold Run after lunch and a few trade stands to add interest on the day. Bring along a picnic and enjoy the day out in fabulous surroundings.
The event starts at 10am and goes through to around 4.30pm.
The event is open to all types of MGs, both old and new so should be of interest to all.
Oxfordshire MG Owners Club looks forward to welcoming you along.

John
Area Secretary
Oxfordshire MG Owners club

Check out http://www.oxfordshiremgoc.co.uk

starbug2
25th January 2012, 21:24
mr sox has a thread on this

Petetourer
25th April 2012, 14:26
So this one is creeping up on us...

Anyone else from South Central attending :shrug:

Pete

FLYING BANANA
25th April 2012, 18:02
I am aiming to attend. Went last year. Taking The Flying Banana again.

Petetourer
25th April 2012, 19:28
I am aiming to attend. Went last year. Taking The Flying Banana again.

I should be there... Gonna try and convince the Zoo to keep the missus!!! :D:D

See you there mate...

kevineds
25th April 2012, 20:10
Not from the south central region but all being well will be there in the mgf..

Reebs
25th April 2012, 20:12
I would have loved to come to this, but I'll be working in Manchester that day :(

Hope you get a good turn out JEK.

Colin David Day
26th April 2012, 14:55
I think im', coming to this one Pete, if they'll let my old girl in(the car that is)

Petetourer
26th April 2012, 15:58
I think im', coming to this one Pete, if they'll let my old girl in(the car that is)

Yes Mate.... If you Drive a 75 then you get in for free too.... :D:D:D

Should hopefully see you there... Its a def for me, as long as no work pop's up.... ;)

starbug2
26th April 2012, 16:54
yes they will ,last time we took the MGF but this time we are taking the tourer :}

basil
29th April 2012, 16:37
Will be there with V8 0598 B.........T:)

Petetourer
30th April 2012, 11:07
Will be there with V8 0598 B.........T:)

Will see you there then mate.... :D:D

stevesav
3rd May 2012, 17:53
Put me down for this one please:}:}, expect SWMBO will come along as well:}

JEK
24th May 2012, 15:10
Looks as though we are in for a nice hot day on Sunday if the forecasters have got it right.
Hope to see you all along there. 10am onwards.

John

Area secretary
Oxfordshire MG Owners Club

FLYING BANANA
24th May 2012, 18:23
I'm meeting up with a group of TF's at Beaconsfield around about 09.15 then onto Burford via the pretty route. Haven't decided which car to bring yet. Banana was there last year so I might be tempted to bring Blue Thunder.

FLYING BANANA
26th May 2012, 17:46
I'm meeting up with a group of TF's at Beaconsfield around about 09.15 then onto Burford via the pretty route. Haven't decided which car to bring yet. Banana was there last year so I might be tempted to bring Blue Thunder.
Sorry, not able to attend this year. Too burnt to drive that distance.

Petetourer
26th May 2012, 21:20
So.... Who is going tomorrow :shrug: I am short on cash this month but will probably be attending as the other half loves Zoo's!! :D Would be good to see some familiar faces though :D

woolleysox
26th May 2012, 22:30
So.... Who is going tomorrow :shrug: I am short on cash this month but will probably be attending as the other half loves Zoo's!! :D Would be good to see some familiar faces though :D

a number of us from the west midlands will be along:D

JEK
27th May 2012, 22:10
Thanks to those who came along to the Wildlife Park today for MGs IN THE PARK. I hope that you had a good day out.

The weather could not have been better and 400 MGs attended with some 70 taking part in the Pride of Ownership.

There were certainly some fabulous MGs on show this year which were a credit to their owners.

Thanks again,
JEK