PDA

View Full Version : Changing a drivers door C/L solenoid

thebiglad
26th January 2012, 20:48
Hi guys, looks like I'm going to need to change the drivers door C/L solenoid as it needs the key to open it but closes with the fob.

Can anyone send me a link to a "How to....."

Also, are there any on-line sources for parts catalogues and workshop manuals?

Cheers
Dave

trebor
26th January 2012, 20:51
Rimmer bros has an on line parts catalogue with graphics and you can visit via a link from this forum

Poppy
26th January 2012, 20:55
Hi guys, looks like I'm going to need to change the drivers door C/L solenoid as it needs the key to open it but closes with the fob.

Can anyone send me a link to a "How to....."

Also, are there any on-line sources for parts catalogues and workshop manuals?

Cheers
Dave

Hiya. Done both my drivers door and passenger last year..... Once the door card is removed... Self explanatory really...Easy to work out....:shrug: Sorry I cannot point you to a how too....:shrug:

thebiglad
26th January 2012, 21:05
Well thanks very much guys.

I take delivery next tuesday and knowing me there will be panels off all over the place as soon as I get home:drool4::drool4:

Can't wait to pick her up and be cosseted by Rover luxury.

Dave

Poppy
26th January 2012, 21:07
Well thanks very much guys.

I take delivery next tuesday and knowing me there will be panels off all over the place as soon as I get home:drool4::drool4:

Can't wait to pick her up and be cosseted by Rover luxury.

Dave

Hiya Dave.... Honestly, it is not difficult.... A bit fiddly, but not difficult...:shrug:;):D

thebiglad
26th January 2012, 21:18
Hiya Dave.... Honestly, it is not difficult.... A bit fiddly, but not difficult...:shrug:;):D

OK Poppy, I'll let you know how I get on, once I've got her home.

At least the return trip of about a thousand miles will give me the feel of her !!!

Cheers
Dave

Poppy
26th January 2012, 21:22
OK Poppy, I'll let you know how I get on, once I've got her home.

At least the return trip of about a thousand miles will give me the feel of her !!!

Cheers
Dave

A THOUSAND MILES.....:eek::getmecoat: I bought both of my locks from eBay....I paid £5 and £12 iirc..... The one for a fiver WAS BRAND NEW...:shrug::bowdown::D...Anyway, If a female can do it, I am sure that you can.... If not......::shrug:getmecoat:;):D

thebiglad
30th January 2012, 12:56
A THOUSAND MILES.....:eek::getmecoat: I bought both of my locks from eBay....I paid £5 and £12 iirc..... The one for a fiver WAS BRAND NEW...:shrug::bowdown::D...Anyway, If a female can do it, I am sure that you can.... If not......::shrug:getmecoat:;):D

I'm making no comment on that - 'til it's done:D:D:D

Plus I've got great big lumps of meat on the end of my arms - nothing dainty here

Arctic
31st January 2012, 00:21
Yes need to do the same job on my MG ZT drivers door will only open by key but closes with the fob Arctic.

SapperGB
31st January 2012, 11:30
Yes need to do the same job on my MG ZT drivers door will only open by key but closes with the fob Arctic.

and mine too

Arctic
31st January 2012, 15:09
As always will try and add photos of the job as and when i do it Arctic.

stocktake
31st January 2012, 15:20
The trick is to open the white plastic clip at the end of the threaded bar that comes down from the handle, making a note of how many threads are showing at the bottom of the clip ;) This means you don't have to remove the handle assy at all.
Oh, and on the drivers door don't forget to swap over and refit the crosshead bar that connects the handle to the lock, or the key operation won't work :)

Arctic
31st January 2012, 15:42
The trick is to open the white plastic clip at the end of the threaded bar that comes down from the handle, making a note of how many threads are showing at the bottom of the clip ;) This means you don't have to remove the handle assy at all.
Oh, and on the drivers door don't forget to swap over and refit the crosshead bar that connects the handle to the lock, or the key operation won't work :)

Hi Dave
Cheers as i also have to change the drivers and drivers side rear doors the ones i have on now have some trolly dings and i have managed to find tow to replace them but they have no insides so i need to swap all parts over may even wait till the nano :D Arctic.