PDA

View Full Version : Ain't our cars great

Simondi
26th January 2012, 21:44
I had to take a business trip down to Weston super Mare & Yeovil this week.

Normally I would go by rail or use a hire car but on this occasion I had to use my own car, 900 miles round trip.

My 75 ran like a dream, my DD unit worked faultlessly and I found myself looking forward to the 8 hour return drive.:D On top of that an average of 44mpg

Rover 75, love it:D:D:D

RPWC
26th January 2012, 21:47
Yes they're rather nice:bowdown::bowdown:

andyg2011
26th January 2012, 21:50
I had to take a business trip down to Weston super Mare & Yeovil this week.

Normally I would go by rail or use a hire car but on this occasion I had to use my own car, 900 miles round trip.

My 75 ran like a dream, my DD unit worked faultlessly and I found myself looking forward to the 8 hour return drive.:D On top of that an average of 44mpg

Rover 75, love it:D:D:D

your right but when you get that bug thats it eh

love my zt and now the launch rover 75 I know what you mean simon

Brabus
26th January 2012, 21:51
Why drive anything else.The fools:DAlthough the 75 is comfyer than my ZT(god im getting old):D

andyg2011
26th January 2012, 21:57
Why drive anything else.The fools:DAlthough the 75 is comfyer than my ZT(god im getting old):D

dont start that again lol :D

BeeJay55
26th January 2012, 22:40
Why drive anything else.The foolsAlthough the 75 is comfyer than my ZT(god im getting old)

I tell my kids that I am not getting older, I am just becoming wiser !

Tim_Burgess
26th January 2012, 23:04
My blue one used to regularly do the Bristol / Glasgow / Bristol run visiting SWMBO's family That was on top of her duties as my work vehicle so yes, I agree there is nowhere nicer to sit on a long drive unless you spend an awful lot more money.

I used to do the run on 3/4 of a tank too.

carguy143
26th January 2012, 23:11
We loved my 190 when going from Leyland to Minehead for our holiday last year. So smooth and quiet but yet felt right at home on the twisty roads including powering up Porlock Hill, much to the amazement of the model man who had been tail gating me for miles. :D

Poppy
26th January 2012, 23:12
Just PURRRRRRFECT....:shrug::}

Dragrad
27th January 2012, 00:44
Just PURRRRRRFECT....:shrug::}

Quite :D:D From the South West Wales coast to the furthermost East point coast of England (via Southampton;)) an effortless drive :D:D Would not want to do that in any of my previous cars :}

Canon
27th January 2012, 01:06
Im taking mine down to Italy for a bit of a run ;) in the summer, and im more excited for the drive than the holiday :drool4:

Dragrad
27th January 2012, 01:11
Im taking mine down to Italy for a bit of a run ;) in the summer, and im more excited for the drive than the holiday :drool4:

Diesels are so re-assuring (....when they work;) ) :D:D

rotrex
27th January 2012, 01:12
pure class on wheels :bowdown:

Canon
27th January 2012, 01:15
Diesels are so re-assuring (....when they work;) ) :D:D

Before i set off ill get a full service and inspection done, ive got european cover. Oh and ill bring a big piece of wood to touch everyday for luck :D

Simondi
27th January 2012, 07:29
Oh and ill bring a big piece of wood to touch everyday for luck :D

Simples. I did just that thanks to my nice wooden dashboard:D

pab
27th January 2012, 07:38
Or get yourself a wooden wheel for permanent contact. ;)

Canon
27th January 2012, 10:49

Or get yourself a wooden wheel for permanent contact. ;)

Doh how stupid of me forgot ive got a wooden dashboard, steering wheel, handbrake and gear stick. Still I could do with with a 4 leaf clover just to be safe :D

Yella Fella
27th January 2012, 10:55
Im off down to County Durham tomorrow and looking forward to the 6 hour round trip. It's the furthest I have gone in the ZT since I bought it. New DD uint fittted also to help me along the way :D

Its nice to see this kind of thread where praise is given to our cars.

blacknwhite
27th January 2012, 15:22
I always fancied the 75 from it's launch. When I was laid off and they took the company car back, there was only ever going to be one car I was going to buy. I have not been disappointed. It is WAY more than I hoped it would be. Just love my Connie.

blacknwhite
27th January 2012, 15:25
Im off down to County Durham tomorrow and looking forward to the 6 hour round trip. It's the furthest I have gone in the ZT since I bought it. New DD uint fittted also to help me along the way :D

Its nice to see this kind of thread where praise is given to our cars.

We'll wave to you when you pass through "the Toon". If by some coincidence you're on the A1 at the same time as me and you see some nutter waving and flashing his headlights in a black 75, that'll be me :D:D:D

Yella Fella
27th January 2012, 17:15
We'll wave to you when you pass through "the Toon". If by some coincidence you're on the A1 at the same time as me and you see some nutter waving and flashing his headlights in a black 75, that'll be me :D:D:D

I'll be leaving 'Glesga' about 7am and aim to arrive about 10am.

Of course I must go via Scotch Corner and down from there. I'll watch for the flashing!

Tim_Burgess
27th January 2012, 17:53
It's looking increasingly as though the ZT-T 120 is going to be the weapon of choice for the drive to POL; always assuming that it passes the MOT next month. I've done about 1800 miles in it now and so far nothing has fallen off and I seem to have cured the little foibles it had; most of which I'm convinced were the result of being laid up for 8 months.

I've just bought 2 MGR service kits on the 'bay, one will definitely get used on the Zed before we do a long run as its service history is erm, "patchy" to say the least.

My advice to all owners contemplating a long journey: Don't leave home without a couple of litres of mixed coolant and maybe a litre of oil tucked away in the boot, just in case.

Canon
27th January 2012, 17:54
@ Yella Fella, just have to say mate your car looks gorgeous :drool4:

Have you got any other pictures of here posted :bowdown:

blacknwhite
27th January 2012, 18:02
@ Yella Fella, just have to say mate your car looks gorgeous :drool4:

Have you got any other pictures of here posted :bowdown:

Got to agree, one hell of a smart car. Is that "sunspot"?