PDA

View Full Version : Boot release not working.

andyjshaw
13th October 2007, 16:03
Went to open the boot with the key and noticed that the usual "clunk" of the central locking didn't "clunk". The boot unlocked and opened alright but thought it strange. Closed the boot again and tried to open it using the button by the driver's door - nothing!
Any ideas?
ZT 190+ (2001)

GreyGhost
13th October 2007, 17:19
Probably a fuse if no electrical noises when attempting to operate it.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=92389&postcount=13

andyjshaw
13th October 2007, 19:47
Will have a look in the morning - the rest of the central locking is working though!

Where can I find "passenger fuse 13"? (sorry to be dim!)

Simon
13th October 2007, 19:49
Does your fuse box have some spare fuses along the bottom? If there aren't any spares in the fuse box then any half-decent motor shop (Halfords etc) should have fuses by the bucket load.

GreyGhost
13th October 2007, 20:48
Will have a look in the morning - the rest of the central locking is working though!

Where can I find "passenger fuse 13"? (sorry to be dim!)

Under the glove compartment, Unlikely to be that though if the central locking is working otherwise. But your first post appeared to indicate not.
Also check wiring to boot lock when you get it open and check switch too.

andyjshaw
14th October 2007, 15:21
Someone had a sense of humor when they decided to put the fuse box there!
I think I need some pilates or yoga lessons to get the old joints a bit more flexible and another eye test so as I can read upside down...

...anyway, no fuses blown. Wiggled them about a bit (Nos 14 & 5) and it now works!!!

Strange...:confused:

GreyGhost
14th October 2007, 15:27
I think I need some pilates or yoga lessons to get the old joints a bit more flexible and another eye test so as I can read upside down...

...anyway, no fuses blown. Wiggled them about a bit (Nos 14 & 5) and it now works!!!

It's that meaningful stare you gave it. :D

Greeners
14th October 2007, 17:00

The drop down panel is attached to the bulkhead but a couple of big plastc lagre head screws. Undo these 2 and it makes accees easier, and it you also can see the scematic for the fuse box.

andyjshaw
14th October 2007, 17:31
Thanks - I saw the two screws but had no idea what tool could be used to undo them. Rather than try to botch it and risk snapping them I decided not to attempt their removal as we are going away tomorrow and her indoors would not be impressed travelling to Gatwick with a load of wires dangling on her toes!

Going out for a well deserved pint to try to re-lubricate my kneck from the horrific poistion it is in after crawling in the footwell...:pillow: