PDA

View Full Version : Jatco Auto Box

crofts
14th October 2007, 02:07
Had an inspection service on my car at 27,200 miles.
had made up my mind to have auto box fluid changed at 30,000 & bought fluid some time ago. So had it done.
I can categorically assure members it has made a world of difference to the smoothness of changes. My box was never bad and remained the same since new. However, it has never been as smooth as it is now.
Inspection service with brake fluid and auto box fluid changed by Rover mechanic £125. Chuffed ! ! :lol:

Roverron
14th October 2007, 11:56
Had an inspection service on my car at 27,200 miles.
had made up my mind to have auto box fluid changed at 30,000 & bought fluid some time ago. So had it done.
I can categorically assure members it has made a world of difference to the smoothness of changes. My box was never bad and remained the same since new. However, it has never been as smooth as it is now.
Inspection service with brake fluid and auto box fluid changed by Rover mechanic £125. Chuffed ! ! :lol:

My Mitsubishi FTO has a Tiptronic auto box (not sure who makes it, probably Jatco). The change was quite jerky until I changed the fluid (Comma ATF to Dexron III).

Like you, I was amazed (& sceptical) at the difference a fluid change could make. The FTO Owners club recommend changing it every 15k miles and I think this will be a good idea.

I wonder how many owners have been told the 'box needs an overhaul or told "they're all like that mate", when its just a fluid change that's needed?

Ron

JohnDotCom
14th October 2007, 13:29
I can assure everyone with the mileages I do that the Auto Box really does need the Fluid changed with the correct grade of course.
The difference is quite surprising.