PDA

View Full Version : R75 - Rear O/S Door problems

KevG
25th November 2006, 15:53
When unlocking the car via the fob/key/interior button the O/S Rear door, opens with 3 atempts(sp?), and now the same door fails to open, but will open from inside by pulling the door pull, and when locking the car the door locks normally.

Any Ideas?

GreyGhost
25th November 2006, 16:10
Probably the pin sticking, in the closed position. have you tried lubricating it.
Otherwise it's door card off and investigate thoroughly.

driverjgp
25th November 2006, 17:55
My passengers lock was sticky like that, I've just been out and shot a good amount of WD-40 down the pin so I'm hoping thats the end of it, one thing I did notice is when I wiped the bit of chrome round the pin were I spilled WD-40 how well the chrome looked, It became really clean and shiny.

driverjgp
25th November 2006, 19:48
Just been out to test my lock and it still sticking, I'm going up to Lates in December for a 90k/6year service and Cam belts so I'll get him to put it on testbook and set the locking to one touch all doors opening and see if this makes any difference, if not it is still under warranty I'll take her back after Xmas and get if sorted.

Phil
25th November 2006, 20:04
I think Keith had similar issues with his ZTT I think he had to replace the lock motor. When he sees this I'm sure he'll shout. I think there were details on his "bits you don't normally see thread" over on .org.

MartinW
25th November 2006, 22:07
If it's Cowley built, this seemed to be a real problem with them. My T-plate 75 went back under warranty several times for the o/s/r door problem described above.

biggles
26th November 2006, 00:37
If it's Cowley built, this seemed to be a real problem with them. My T-plate 75 went back under warranty several times for the o/s/r door problem described above.

I seem to be having this problem myself. Right side rear door needs to tries to onlock most of the time and this sometimes happens to the left front (drivers) as well.

I just had the car in the local Rover shop and aside from lubing various parts, the mechanic also drillied the pin holes to a larger dimension so that the pin would not stick.

At first it seemed as my car was cured, but when I tried to unlock the car this morning the rear side door lock still needed more than one push and later that day the drivers side door would refuse again. Still, there is improvement - most of the time the drivers door does onlock on first try and at so far it locks on the first try every time which sometimes happend earlier.
I think this problem gets worse with lower temperatures.

Anyone got a real and permanent fix for this thing? Coming back to an unlocked drivers door does not instill confidence. :(

Cheers,

/Erik

Kandyman
26th November 2006, 06:21
Just been out to test my lock and it still sticking, I'm going up to Lates in December for a 90k/6year service and Cam belts so I'll get him to put it on testbook and set the locking to one touch all doors opening and see if this makes any difference, if not it is still under warranty I'll take her back after Xmas and get if sorted.

I don't think Lates has a testbook to change the functions, he has a fault code read thingy.

/waits for Lates to put him right ;)

driverjgp
26th November 2006, 08:34
I don't think Lates has a testbook to change the functions, he has a fault code read thingy.

/waits for Lates to put him right ;)

I've already spoke to him about the testbook and he said he will borrow it from a mate of his for when I come up on the 17th December.

KevG
26th November 2006, 14:32
Well, looked at the lock and it is gubbed, also on the motor their is a label for part number etc, but just the top of said label it read "Prototype Part", also on the motor body it is time/date stamped 05.05.99, 22.25 and it is made by Bosch, just really strange that it read Prototype Part on a production vehicle.