PDA

View Full Version : Head gasket change labour

zola66
24th February 2012, 16:01
Hi all

Can someone advise me how long (labour wise) would it take to fit a new headgasket, cambelt kit including a water pump on a rover 75 2.0 se kv6, I have been quoted up to 24hrs labour so far :confused::confused:

Poppy
24th February 2012, 16:08
Hi all

Can someone advise me how long (labour wise) would it take to fit a new headgasket, cambelt kit including a water pump on a rover 75 2.0 se kv6, I have been quoted up to 24hrs labour so far :confused::confused:

:eek: Mine is a 1.8...Not the same I know, but it took 4 hours for everything....Should have thought about 5- 6 hrs.?:shrug:

Tinyflier
24th February 2012, 17:12
Hi all

How long??? Can you get me some of whatever they are smoking????

I had my KV6 belts and 60,000 miles service done by Lates (lates600.com) in about 4 hours. OK so taking the heads off and refitting might add perhaps 1 maybe 2 hours? 24 hours is ludicrous!

Alternatively contact mgroversolutions.com - Russell is a mobile Rover trained mobile technician and has done HG replacement on my TF in 3 hrs - so even TRIPLING that is still less than half the time your garage has quoted.

David

chris75
24th February 2012, 18:50
I suspect that the 24 hrs quote was based on what they had heard in gossip rather than on their experience , so I would leave that garage alone ! However , not many garages out there will be able to match the Lates' team performance , and I think 8 hrs in total would be a good time by someone who has done it before. I have heard that the Rover dealers' book time was 8 hrs :shrug:

Steve916
24th February 2012, 18:54
Hi all

How long???
It's been a few years now since I used to do my own head gaskets etc on different cars, and I know a lot has changed with engines over the years, but I'm sure even I would be able to complete the job in less time than that:shrug:
That wasn't a challenge btw:D:D
Steve