PDA

View Full Version : passinger head light dip beam bulb blew replaced still not working

craig8661
24th February 2012, 21:47
just wondering is there a fuse for the drivers side head light and one for the passinger side head light.

replaced the bulb and its not working still so need to dig a little further will get volt meter out tomorrow and see if by sods law the second bulb was blown

Devilish
25th February 2012, 05:58
You can test the bulb with wires on the battery, a multimeter is a must to have, hopefully you will not need to use it and it is the bulb, unlikely but not impossible. no L&R fuses

craig8661
25th February 2012, 07:13
lets hope its the bulb and not the electrics not got time to go throu the electrics if thats at fault

crofts
25th February 2012, 11:38
It is quite possible to replace the bulb feeling that it is O.K. but in fact for some reason (not known) it is not.
I know 'cause it happened to me and I had to unclip and 'play' with it a couple of times before it worked.
Good luck, it was quite a frustrating experience.

craig8661
25th February 2012, 16:31
hi crofts it was indeed the bulb it look ok but it obv wasnt so new bulb and all is ok

jads 51
25th February 2012, 16:37
thats a good result bet you are well pleased its not a fault with the electrical wiring as you thought it could of been

craig8661
25th February 2012, 16:39
i am as was starting to get really fed up of things going wrong.

this week 4 new tires some one slashed them
anouther rear wishbone bush last one did less than 9,000 miles
new brake disks and pads on front
seen rear is ready for new disks and pads