PDA

View Full Version : Right thats it...I dont love you anymore...

Jamie
15th October 2007, 19:30
Just back from a weekend caravaning near Abergele North wales....and I would just like to say it is possibly the worst 'holiday' I have ever had.

It chucked it down...the new awning was a pig to erect...the dog had a 'sea bath' in the smelliest mud known to mankind....then trod it into the caravan...the rain kept me awake rattling on the roof...I had food poisoning from a dodgy kebab....everything got drenched and I spent all last night and most of tonight trudging back and forth to the the caravan with muddy wet...stuff.

I would like it held on record as the single most miserable experience of Caravaning I have ever had.

Me and caravaning have decided to part.

Caravan anyone?

GreyGhost
15th October 2007, 19:33
That's a typical camping holiday tale. I would have suspected caravanning to be a little more sophisticated. Obviously not in this case.

Glad to hear you are going to set fire to it can we all come and watch. :D

Rhencullen
15th October 2007, 19:53
A biker........ with a caravan :confused: :oh you:

Glad to hear you are going to set fire to it can we all come and watch.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Soon be November 5th......

Gryphon
15th October 2007, 20:24
I will give you 3 bob and a packet of crisps. I once bought a caravan towed it home decided i could not go fast enough with it on the back and sold it the next week :D

Jamie
15th October 2007, 21:15
That's a typical camping holiday tale. I would have suspected caravanning to be a little more sophisticated. Obviously not in this case.

Glad to hear you are going to set fire to it can we all come and watch. :D

Fire....now theres a thought....save selling it....wheres the insurance policy?

you know im kidding..... right?

JohnDotCom
15th October 2007, 21:25
Jamie so sorry to hear of your Holiday Nightmare not to many miles from me.
Firstly mobile Caravaning this time of year you must be nuts! :D
Next year you will have to try staying in a Hotel or Static Caravan, or in ours, old as it may be. :D
Just to show you the Pleasant side of Wales regardless of weather.
Wherever were you to find a Beach of Mud out of Interest?

nisfo
16th October 2007, 05:24
Sorry to hear about your bad luck, I hope my caravan holiday goes to plan in Dinlle (Snowdonia), never took my boys caravaning before so it should be an experience.

Our caravan is only a little thing, and is about 10 years old, so if it all goes belly up, I shall be leaving it there.....lol

JohnDotCom
16th October 2007, 08:15
so if it all goes belly up, I shall be leaving it there.....lol

Oi Keep Wales Tidy, Take all your Rubbish back to England. http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Seriously hope you have a Great time, just watch the Steep hills and Crosswinds. ;)

mayor
16th October 2007, 09:30
Hi apart from everything you said did you have a wonderful experience and a nice holiday;)

black olive
16th October 2007, 10:03
If you can drop it off Ill take it off you !
Ive not fitted the bracket to Black Olive yet- will be interesting to see how the X powers resonate off the front of the caravan :drool4:

Mike
16th October 2007, 10:24
Hi apart from everything you said did you have a wonderful experience and a nice holiday;)

Jamie had a wonderful time! He's just in a bit of a grump - it's an age thing you know ;)

Jürgen
16th October 2007, 10:25
I would like it held on record as the single most miserable experience of Caravaning I have ever had.

Me and caravaning have decided to part.

Jamie, sorry to hear that. :sad3:

But it could have been even worse ...

part one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2WdvgzEd30)

part two (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjUe4hDjVHA)

part three (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uaz2nDy-Lfk)

:D

Jamie
17th October 2007, 18:22
Oi Keep Wales Tidy, Take all your Rubbish back to England. http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Seriously hope you have a Great time, just watch the Steep hills and Crosswinds. ;)

Hiya Jon...sorry I should have made this clear...we love Wales...especially the abergele area....but you hit the nail on the head when you said..."camping in October...what were you thinking?"

it was the weather and a rather naughty Labrador that ruined it really...she chased the birds out to the Breakers where she rolled in the stinky mud...by the cafe at the end of the road near pensarn.

Jamie

Jamie
17th October 2007, 18:24
Jamie had a wonderful time! He's just in a bit of a grump - it's an age thing you know ;)

The age thing is leading to a permanent grump....think I should be on BBC2...grumpy old men.

hummmph. :D

Mike
17th October 2007, 18:31
The age thing is leading to a permanent grump....think I should be on BBC2...grumpy old men.

hummmph. :D

lol, you can join me there :D

windrush
17th October 2007, 19:05
Bad luck we had just the same weather when we went up to the lakes for the 5th meet it was only this that made the 600 mile round trip worth while

dont give it up there will be better times

Jamie
19th October 2007, 14:32
cleaned the old girl up now and taken it back to storage...wont bother advertising it untill march...by which time I will have probably changed my mind.

right now...I cant even bare to look at it...I can still see that Kebab coming back to say hi.... oh..god...get me some water. yak.

salop75
19th October 2007, 14:56
Sorry to hear your tale of woe Jamie.

Have you considered passing your caravan on to TopGear, i hear they like them :)

Jamie
19th October 2007, 16:01
It had crossed my mind...although the caravan is worth quite a lot...so I am thinking maybe a deposit on a 260 ;)

JohnDotCom
19th October 2007, 16:33
A 260 is a far better Investment, then just rent a Static Caravan where you want.

Jamie
19th October 2007, 16:39
A 260 is a far better Investment, then just rent a Static Caravan where you want.

Ahem...yours maybe jon? LOL;)

JohnDotCom
19th October 2007, 17:03
Your more than Welcome. http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

GreyGhost
19th October 2007, 17:18

Right next door to a petrol station perhaps? :laughing2: :sissy:

Tom Collins
19th October 2007, 18:11
Why not bring it along to the next meet Jamie, then we'll pimp it for you.

JohnDotCom
19th October 2007, 22:49
Right next door to a petrol station perhaps? :laughing2: :sissy:

Trust you! :D
I've heard if you drive carefully you can reach double figures in MPG,
not sure What the auto box does to the figures though. :SHOCKED:

Jürgen
20th October 2007, 20:24
I've heard if you drive carefully you can reach double figures in MPG,

I thought it was just an urban myth that you could cover the distance between two stationary petrol stations. :D

GreyGhost
20th October 2007, 20:30
I thought it was just an urban myth that you could cover the distance between two stationary petrol stations. :D

Made me laugh out loud. :lol: