PDA

View Full Version : ABS Sensor

Fusilier
1st March 2012, 12:30
One of the lads up here has a problem with his rear ABS Sensor, somebody has tried to drill it out and broken drill bit inside, is there any other way of removing the abs sensor, or do you have to remove the hub to gain access from the other side, and if so how easy

Stu

rover54
1st March 2012, 15:39
One of the lads up here has a problem with his rear ABS Sensor, somebody has tried to drill it out and broken drill bit inside, is there any other way of removing the abs sensor, or do you have to remove the hub to gain access from the other side, and if so how easy

Stu
What size drill and how far down is the break? How much of the ABS sensor been drilled out? Is it a front or back sensor?

He could to try to freeit by using a nail punch around the edges first, break it up at the bottom and use a screwdriver to try to retreive it. They are only plastic. Worth a try first, otherwise hub off I am afraid.

paras659
1st March 2012, 16:46
thanks stu i appreciate you asking the question the drill bit is about 10mm from the hub end of the sensor its a rear sensor o/s and its a very hard drill bit if i take hub off will i need to replace the hub nut again stu cheers very appreciated mk...