PDA

View Full Version : ZT190 - Tracking & alignment

d_a_n1979
4th March 2012, 22:33
Had my T&A done a week or so back as I felt things werent right

Tank was full as recommended and the guys at Nat Tyres did a great job; handled a lot better, steering wheel straight etc...

Now that I'm down to more or less a 1/4 tank it feels that the steering wheel is off again (i.e. going in a straight line but wheel is in between 11 & 12 o'clock)

Have they done/not done something right or does it all need doing again?

David340R
5th March 2012, 15:51
Generally 1/2 tank is recommended when checking / setting up suspension though on a heavy car like ours I wouldn't have thought it would make much difference. If you weigh 21stone that has to be much more significant (>>100kg vs <50kg for a tank of petrol). Did you sit in drivers seat for checks?

crofts
7th March 2012, 04:29
Generally 1/2 tank is recommended when checking / setting up suspension though on a heavy car like ours I wouldn't have thought it would make much difference. If you weigh 21stone that has to be much more significant (>>100kg vs <50kg for a tank of petrol). Did you sit in drivers seat for checks?

No. they do reccommend a full tank.
If you sat in the car you would need to at least sit on the tunnel and even then that would not put the weight over the rear end as the fuel does.
I like to watch and chat and make sure they know about the rear being adjustable AND SET IT (in many cases it's the rears that wear unevenly, uisually on the insides or outsides.
It is not so common to hear of this problem on the forum now, at one time it was, literally, every day. Many/most of the cars ex factory came with incorrect alignment early on which many have been corrected years ago.

Just thinking overnight. If you don't run with a tankful see no problem putting say 25 kg bag of compost or similar in the boot/ rear, over the fuel tank