PDA

View Full Version : Same thinking, another era...

Zeb
26th November 2006, 06:32
Ok, I posted this link on another thread but thought it deserved one of its own. The similarities between this and the 75 / ZT are spookily striking IMHO. What do you lot think?

Btw, one day, when money permits, one of these will be in the garage alongside the 75s and ZTs I will own by then....;)

http://www.autosalon-singen.de/Katalogfahrzeug_RecordView_DetailAll.cfm?fahrzeugI D=05672_0011_06_08&languageID=GB

JP53
26th November 2006, 08:24
Ok, I posted this link on another thread but thought it deserved one of its own. The similarities between this and the 75 / ZT are spookily striking IMHO. What do you lot think?

Btw, one day, when money permits, one of these will be in the garage alongside the 75s and ZTs I will own by then....;)

http://www.autosalon-singen.de/Katalogfahrzeug_RecordView_DetailAll.cfm?fahrzeugI D=05672_0011_06_08&languageID=GB

:drool4: :drool4: :drool4: I agree Zeb, there are a lot of similarities between the two. I always fancied one of these in Old English White with a Red interior. There is a very nice one at the Haynes motor museum.

Ken
26th November 2006, 09:20
My brother had a light green Mk2 24 years ago and he cherished it. One night when it was parked in Southampton someone else decided they should have bits off it for themselves. He lost lots of stuff that night but whoever did it must have been another owner as he never damaged the car at all. There was just less of it when my brother returned to it.

Lovely car though :lol:

Ken

Roverama
26th November 2006, 09:30
Beautiful car! I too have always promised myself one of these, to sit beside my Rover P5B coupe (I don't yet have that either)
Still, the 75 more than makes up for it in the meantime.

windrush
26th November 2006, 09:53
I promised myself one of these many years ago I am still living in hope,but time is now running short

GreyGhost
26th November 2006, 11:03
When I was 16 (before licence) my boss let me drive his Daimler version of the Mk2 along Kingsland High Street in Stoke Newington North London. Best car I had ever driven up until very recently.
Always coveted this model. :)

BMC123
26th November 2006, 11:25
Ah.. but you can afford one really :D

pass the sick bags, and prepare for the ultimate "why oh why on earth did they bother" ultimate special that is the Mitsuoka Viewt

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery/gallery.jsp?id=305

:eek:

Pete
26th November 2006, 13:58
The MkII was the first car I ever really, badly, achingly wanted. I think I was 7 at the time and the feeling has never really gone away. I still want one but it seems every time I try and buy an example I get beaten to it or outbid. First five times they were all restoration projects and each time someone else got there first. Very annoying. So a couple of years back I gave up for a while and just saved my money instead. I really need a bigger garage though, so I guess a house move or buying/renting an industrial unit will be first.

Zeb
26th November 2006, 14:04
It seems this thread has struck a nerve. I must say I think the 75 and the Mk11 have plenty in common as do the peeps on this forum! Motorbikes, music, Jags, whatever next?:D

Pete
26th November 2006, 14:08
I have a bit of a bias as my family have old links with Jaguar. Got some very lovely and I would guess pretty unique stuff from the Fifties and Sixties, internal publications and the like etc.

Zeb
26th November 2006, 14:11
I have a bit of a bias as my family have old links with Jaguar. Got some very lovely and I would guess pretty unique stuff from the Fifties and Sixties, internal publications and the like etc.

Careful now! You will be wanting a sub-forum next..:)

Keith
26th November 2006, 21:57
I like the jag but there are also some other cracking cars on that site

Z135T
28th November 2006, 15:32
pass the sick bags, and prepare for the ultimate "why oh why on earth did they bother" ultimate special that is the Mitsuoka Viewt

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery/gallery.jsp?id=305

:eek:

thats one of them peugot indian (as per commercial) efforts bashed out with hammers ain't it