PDA

View Full Version : Evening Run to Largs - Friday 30th March 2012

derekosb
22nd March 2012, 21:03
http://www.pbase.com/rothesay/image/106269773.jpg

Hi All,

Following much discussion I have finally got round to posting a thread for the oft suggested run to Largs for Fish & Chips and a stop at Nardinis.

https://img-s.foursquare.com/derived_pix/QNANNYAW34CHEIRKAHRFOTUDRELCHP0CDG15QAOJDIN23BYB_3 00x300.jpg

Various discussions were held on other threads and most seemed happy to go for either the Friday or Sunday at the end of the month.

So, Let's go for FRIDAY 30th MARCH (and apologies for short notice).

Proposal is to have a few meeting points, picking up cars on the way, through from the East, the outskirts of Glasgow, the southside of Glasgow and then Ayrshire, for a final run down to Largs.

Depending on who will be coming will dictate both the meeting points and the timing. I will also need some lieutenants on the evening as I will be departing straight from work in North Ayrshire as there is no point in doubling back 30 miles. (Volunteers please? :})

Suggestion is a meeting point in the East around 5:00/5:30
(if anyone is coming through).

Meet at Glasgow Fort at say 6:00,

Burger King, Hillington at 6:30 and

Beith for 7:00 to

rendezvous at Largs for around 7:30.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/47/fe/aa/nardini-s.jpg

Time for Ice Cream, some Fish & Chips, a social chat and then a run home.

Please let me know if you can make it and I will add your name to the list below. Please also let me know where you will meet up.

If there is not enough interest (which is possible due to the short notice) we may propose an alternative date.

1. Derekosb (at Stevenston)
2. Flyer (Largs - Direct)
3. Yella Fella (Largs - direct)
4. Jim Jamieson (Stevenston)
5. Tim_Burgess (Largs - Direct)
6. WeeMan (Stevenston)
7. Rotrex (possible)

Thanks,

Derek

http://www.largsonline.co.uk/map_largs.jpg

FLYER
22nd March 2012, 21:15
Count us in for the meet at the FORT at 6 derek .

Do you realize we will be arriving at LARGS in the dark topman ;)

derekosb
22nd March 2012, 21:17
Count us in for the meet at the FORT at 6 derek .

Do you realize we will be arriving in the dark topman ;)

Cheers George and I thought that pick up point would suit you. Added to the list.

Clocks go forward this Sunday George so most of the drive down should be in the twilight and it will be getting dark for the final stretch. :}

Cheers,

Derek

Simondi
22nd March 2012, 21:21
I may have a meeting in Manchester that day but will try to move it, really want ma chips:drool4:

FLYER
22nd March 2012, 21:29
Cheers George and I thought that pick up point would suit you. Added to the list.

Clocks go forward this Sunday George so most of the drive down should be in the twilight and it will be getting dark for the final stretch. :}

Cheers,

Derekgood point derek , anyhoo if we get an east contingent i will lead em off from the fort mon capitan :p:

suzublu
22nd March 2012, 21:29
I love Largs,& i've had a meal there,at Nardini's.Worked at the Scottish Gymnastic Centre up at the big house formerly owned by some ship building giant on the Clyde.Stayed there as it's a College dorm during term time,& during holidays,we had free run of the place.Would love a run up Derek,perhaps later in the year:shrug:

FLYER
22nd March 2012, 21:30
I may have a meeting in Manchester that day but will try to move it, really want ma chips:drool4:What no haddock in crispy batter :shrug::D

Simondi
22nd March 2012, 21:32
Would love a run up Derek,perhaps later in the year:shrug:

If you do, let me know. I live near Largs. ...................... I could arrange to be away;):getmecoat:

Jim Jamieson
22nd March 2012, 21:33
Oh yes yummy I'm in and I already have some tokens for Nardini's to use up

One thing is I will be travelling from the south via Irvine and Ardrossan so should be able to meet up.

This time I promise not to park up at the opposite side of the car park out of site :o

JYJ

derekosb
22nd March 2012, 21:34
good point derek , anyhoo if we get an east contingent i will lead em off from the fort mon capitan :p:

Thanks George and you can try and persuade a few more tomorrow night :}

Derek

Simondi
22nd March 2012, 21:34
What no haddock in crispy batter :shrug::D

Yes of course.......or 1/2 pizza...........or haggis:drool4::drool4:

suzublu
22nd March 2012, 21:35
If you do, let me know. I live near Largs. ...................... I could arrange to be away;):getmecoat:
What you trying to say like:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::D Oh i know,i can stop at your house ;):D

Simondi
22nd March 2012, 21:36
What you trying to say like:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::D Oh i know,i can stop at your house ;):D

Welcome, I'm sure

derekosb
22nd March 2012, 21:37
Oh yes yummy I'm in and I already have some tokens for Nardini's to use up

One thing is I will be travelling from the south via Irvine and Ardrossan so should be able to meet up.

This time I promise not to park up at the opposite side of the car park out of site :o

JYJ

Excellent Jim,

I work in Stevenston and will be leaving from there. Simon is from Kilwinning so we could perhaps meet up at Stevenston McDonalds before we head up to Beith?

Simon, what do you think?

Derek

Simondi
22nd March 2012, 21:42
That sounds reasonable, for those travelling down from the Glasgow area its probably best to avoid the St James interchange in Paisley. The M8/A737 roadworks are awfull.

It may be wiser to come down the M77 and all meet at Stevenston

Tim_Burgess
22nd March 2012, 21:46
Count us in for this. I will try to think of a suitable rendezvous point near the Erskine Bridge.

lady zed
22nd March 2012, 21:52
Awww unfortunately Lewis has beavers on a Fri night and as he's nearly 8 he's not got that long to go so I don't want him to miss any. HOWEVER I know he loves Laura and Heather so I'll give him the option and get back to yooz. Last time I had chips on a rover meet I ended up pregnant so I'll not be partaking this time :D

lady zed
22nd March 2012, 21:53
P.S Derek, is your tennant asking for a ransom for my canvas? :p:

derekosb
22nd March 2012, 21:58
Awww unfortunately Lewis has beavers on a Fri night and as he's nearly 8 he's not got that long to go so I don't want him to miss any. HOWEVER I know he loves Laura and Heather so I'll give him the option and get back to yooz. Last time I had chips on a rover meet I ended up pregnant so I'll not be partaking this time :D

Hi Anna,

As I will be leaving straight from work I'm sorry to say the girls won't be with me so you better let Lewis know that so as not to disappoint...:o

P.S Derek, is your tennant asking for a ransom for my canvas? :p:

:o:o:o:o

I've not really be speaking with them much but I do apologise and will chase them up for it. Sorry Anna, I know the season is upon us :o

Derek

Graham1961
22nd March 2012, 21:59
I am working till 4pm on the Day Hospital bus, and starting at 7am on Saturday morning, so i might have to pass on the run this time due to work times....otherwise i would have been up for this.

FLYER
22nd March 2012, 21:59
Thanks George and you can try and persuade a few more tomorrow night :}

Derekjust what iv'e mentioned to her indoors

lady zed
22nd March 2012, 22:01
Hi Anna,

As I will be leaving straight from work I'm sorry to say the girls won't be with me so you better let Lewis know that so as not to disappoint...:o

:o:o:o:o

I've not really be speaking with them much but I do apologise and will chase them up for it. Sorry Anna, I know the season is upon us :o

Derek

Aww that's a pity, I'll probably just let him go to beavers then.......unless it stops for the holidays this week.........hmmm, it might. Will let you know over the weekend.

tricia1470
23rd March 2012, 05:52
Cant this time im afraid as we both on days :-(
Maybe next time

WeeMan
23rd March 2012, 06:49
Last time I had chips on a rover meet I ended up pregnant so I'll not be partaking this time :D

:confused: Have done a member search for "CHIPS" and it looks like he's left :shrug:

Come and get a Pizza then Anna! lol

lady zed
23rd March 2012, 08:06
:confused: Have done a member search for "CHIPS" and it looks like he's left :shrug:

Come and get a Pizza then Anna! lol

:D:D:D:D Left me holding the baby, the SWINE! :D:D:D:D

lady zed
24th March 2012, 07:22
Ah alas, beavers is on next Fri so we won't make this one. However I'm sure there'll be a summer one on the cards? Have fun!

Simondi
24th March 2012, 15:14
I am gutted.

The member in Manchester whom had assured me would not need representing until April has agreed to a meeting on 30th:(
I will be speaking to some of my colleagues to see if they can assist however the memebr has asked specifically for me. Dash it.

I will keep you posted as I'm gutted.

FLYER
28th March 2012, 09:19
Won't make this meet. Have a good one.

wazup......:shrug:

Tim_Burgess
28th March 2012, 16:28
Count us in for this. I will try to think of a suitable rendezvous point near the Erskine Bridge.

OK, I thought of somewhere; how about rendezvous at Tesco in Port Glasgow?

Yella Fella
28th March 2012, 17:18
I was hoping to come along but I've been chasing a leak about the place!

I fitted a new Inlet Manifold Gasket which cure one leak, then hey ho, I have another leak this morning on the top radiator hose. More coolant pouring out onto the driveway :mad:

Have a nice fish supper and ice cream. :)

Tim_Burgess
28th March 2012, 18:10
I was hoping to come along but I've been chasing a leak about the place!

I fitted a new Inlet Manifold Gasket which cure one leak, then hey ho, I have another leak this morning on the top radiator hose. More coolant pouring out onto the driveway :mad:

Have a nice fish supper and ice cream. :)

Shame you can't make it Glenn. Just a thought, but have you replaced the factory hose clips with good old-fashioned jubilee clips. It seems to make things more watertight.

rotrex
28th March 2012, 21:07
hi guys.
its also looking like I wont make it :( she who like to think she's in charge is doing extra n/shift friday. I am trying to sort something and hope to make it but looking doughtfull for now :(

Yella Fella
29th March 2012, 07:39
Shame you can't make it Glenn. Just a thought, but have you replaced the factory hose clips with good old-fashioned jubilee clips. It seems to make things more watertight.

Tim, It appears to be sorted now. The connection is a plastic elbow piece and connects to the radiator (plastic to plastic) and secured by two bolts. No gasket :shrug: which I found odd. I searched on Rimmer Bros and there should be an O Ring, but goodness knows where it is :shrug: and how the connection has managed to be watertight without it beats me! :shrug:

A trip to B&Q last night for an O Ring and it appears sorted now. The driveway was dry this morning. :) (Touch wood)

Anyway, I doubt if I'll make it on Friday night. If I can make it, it will be a last minute thing :panic:

FLYER
29th March 2012, 19:47
Hi troops , as my pre arranged meet up with freebyrd is now cancelled i will just be making my own way to LARGS as i dont know when i will get finished work but will still be there for 7.30 hopefully .

rotrex
29th March 2012, 19:54
Hi troops , as my pre arranged meet up with freebyrd is now cancelled i will just be making my own way to LARGS as i dont know when i will get finished work but will still be there for 7.30 hopefully .

G. if I can make it will let you know. and we can catch up somewhere ;)

FLYER
29th March 2012, 20:26
G. if I can make it will let you know. and we can catch up somewhere ;)let me know tomorrow tam and i can meet you at the FORT and we can convoy ;)

Tim_Burgess
29th March 2012, 21:02
It looks as though I'll be working tomorrow afternoon and won't get away until 5pm; so We will meet you at Largs round 7 / 7:30. Where are we planning on parking up?

FLYER
29th March 2012, 21:20
It looks as though I'll be working tomorrow afternoon and won't get away until 5pm; so We will meet you at Largs round 7 / 7:30. Where are we planning on parking up?I would imagine it will be the big carpark in front of nardini's on the seafront side but as i aint been to largs for over ten years i hope it aint now a block of flats TIM :shrug::D

Jim Jamieson
29th March 2012, 21:57
No car parks still there and it's cheap.

Me and the boss will definately be there, probaly just meander up the coast for 7 ish.
By the way hope their are some ZT's coming along as I have a wee surprise (all the way from Longbridge) for the first 3

See you there.

JYJ

derekosb
29th March 2012, 22:23
Jim, you still up for meeting in Stevenston (at the McDonalds behind Morrisons at the Pennyburn roundabout) around 6:30/6:45?

I know Simon is not going to manage along but I will be leaving from Stevenston so if you are passing through that way might as well drive down together?

Let me know,

Cheers,
Derek

Jim Jamieson
29th March 2012, 22:34
Hi Derek

I'm not sure on exact time as the missus is covering a clinic so it depends on when she finishes. Usually she's clear by 6pm, so we will call in at the location but don't wait any later than 6.45.

JYJ

Simondi
29th March 2012, 22:40
If you drive past Kilwinning railway station give my 75 a toot of solidarity:(

Jim Jamieson
29th March 2012, 22:46
If you drive past Kilwinning railway station give my 75 a toot of solidarity:(

I take you still can't make the meet, pity
see you some other time.

JYJ

Simondi
29th March 2012, 23:15
I take you still can't make the meet, pity
see you some other time.

JYJ

Yes, sadly I have a 1.00pm meeting in Manchester, maybe next time

Bluejon
30th March 2012, 00:09
[QUOTE=Simondi;957748]If you do, let me know. I live near Largs. ...................... I could arrange to be away;):getmecoat:[/QUOTE

Jan & I too Simon,would love to come over for a run later on,give us a shout if something sorted.

Best Regards.

John.

rotrex
30th March 2012, 00:14
By the way hope their are some ZT's coming along as I have a wee surprise (all the way from Longbridge) for the first 3

See you there.

JYJ

come on Jim that not fair :D

Yella Fella
30th March 2012, 03:56
It looks like we can make this. Well meet you guys in Largs as we intend to go a bit earlier (between 5 and 6 i think) and I'll park in the car opposite Nardinis.

FLYER
30th March 2012, 08:37
It looks like we can make this. Well meet you guys in Largs as we intend to go a bit earlier (between 5 and 6 i think) and I'll park in the car opposite Nardinis.

good call , at least we wont have to look around for the BIG YELLA .:cool::D

FLYER
30th March 2012, 21:56
excellent night in LARGS , what a bargain fish tea in nardini's , £7.95 , fish n chips salad n coleslaw , bread n butter and a pot of tea followed by 2 scoops of their famous ice cream .

Good to see the troops also , i hope ROTREX enjoyed his detour through GREENOCK bus station :getmecoat::D

Jim Jamieson
31st March 2012, 09:29
The missus & I both enjoyed the night as well, just a pity it was a tad cold outside so didn't get the chance for a good chat with everyone.

Maybe next time we should all huddle in at a table together LOL

JYJ

rotrex
31st March 2012, 09:45
excellent night in LARGS , what a bargain fish tea in nardini's , £7.95 , fish n chips salad n coleslaw , bread n butter and a pot of tea followed by 2 scoops of their famous ice cream .

Good to see the troops also , i hope ROTREX enjoyed his detour through GREENOCK bus station :getmecoat::D

aye you. what was that all about:shrug: good night tbh we enjoyed it. always nice to get away for a few hour.
a big to Jim for the keyring :bowdown:

FLYER
31st March 2012, 09:59
aye you. what was that all about:shrug: good night tbh we enjoyed it. always nice to get away for a few hour.
a big to Jim for the keyring :bowdown:

i'm not very good with roundabouts and not very good in the dark , truth be told i'm not big on indicating either lol.

Just not very braw sir tam :p:

rotrex
31st March 2012, 16:52
i'm not very good with roundabouts and not very good in the dark , truth be told i'm not big on indicating either lol.

Just not very braw sir tam :p:

just as well then I was sussing your moves at same time as you when I could see past you to whats in front= it wasny a problem mate :D

Tim_Burgess
31st March 2012, 16:56
Good to see everyone again, if only it hadn't been so perishin' cold when we came out.

Thanks to JYJ for the key ring and to Derek for the Mirrors - my little job for Sunday