PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Times P.19 Comment

Zeb
26th November 2006, 13:31
I have just been reading the Times 'Comment section on the Archbishop of York, John Sentamu. A truly great man, and guess what? He drives a Rover 75! Excellent article too!:D

Pete
26th November 2006, 13:49
Well I've long said that driving a 75 is a religious experience. An epithany in fact. ;)

windrush
26th November 2006, 14:24
What more can one say the facts speak for themselfs

Mike
26th November 2006, 15:09
He was Bishop of Birmingham until one year ago and is one of the trustees of the fund set up to support ex-Longbridge workers. He did a lot for the employees when MGR closed and is a top guy.

Mike :)

JP53
26th November 2006, 18:13
He was Bishop of Birmingham until one year ago and is one of the trustees of the fund set up to support ex-Longbridge workers. He did a lot for the employees when MGR closed and is a top guy.

He's got a great taste in cars too :D

Roverama
26th November 2006, 18:55

Absolutely!
If I remember right he did in fact order his 75 as a gesture of support for the workforce in the days immediatly prior to MGRs closure, a man who put his money where his mouth was, God bless him!

Steve.

Commodore
26th November 2006, 22:01
He also owns the only Rover 45 Estate in existence!

(Basically its a Honda Civic Estate body shell that has then been Roverised with all the 45 parts, grille and interior).