PDA

View Full Version : Apple Profits surge with best Sales ever

JohnDotCom
22nd October 2007, 21:56
Apple saw its Profits soar by 67% in the three months to the end of September, thanks to the Demand for its Computers and iPods.
The firm sold more than one million of its new iPhone.
Sales tipped $6.2bn as Apple set a record for the number of its Computers sold in a Quarter to be the best ever, they put down to the Intel Processors and People now running Windows on their Macs.
Total Profits were $904 million before Tax etc.
Their shares rose 2.3% on Wall Street.

GreyGhost
22nd October 2007, 22:03
Watch for another huge jump on the 26th of this month. several million pre orders already for OSX 10.5 Leopard, judging by the amount of my own clients that have been waiting patiently for this date before purchasing new equipment, I would expect sales of computers to rocket as well.

JohnDotCom
22nd October 2007, 22:06
Yep, ordered and delivery expected any day now GG.

They have now bought out a good iMac for £699 upwards that performs well with an Intel Dual Core 2 Processor, at a sensible price for PC addicts.

e668ecp
24th October 2007, 17:02
Anyone ever want a price on a PC let me know! Club discount available

PS If advertising isn't okay then can a moderator remove - thanks!

GreyGhost
24th October 2007, 17:30
Yep, ordered and delivery expected any day now GG.

They have now bought out a good iMac for £699 upwards that performs well with an Intel Dual Core 2 Processor, at a sensible price for PC addicts.

Sorry to pick you up on this John. :)

Lowest Imac is £799.00 inc VAT and free delivery
Lowest MacBook £699.00 inc VAT and free delivery

Both 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

BTW John Lewis sell Macs with 2 year warrantee. Same price. :) Not a lot of people know that. :D

JohnDotCom
24th October 2007, 18:22
Ooops I meant that :D
The £799 new iMAC is a stunning machine running both OS X and Windows with 20" screen. A kick in the spherical objects for those that say Apple only build kit for a Premium price. Gone is the White finish replaced by a nice brushed aluminium finish. Screen now has Black surround and Apple have dumped the Translucent keyboard for a Aluminium one with Laptop style keys.No sharp edges anywhere but is a bit difficult to upgrade hard drive and memory with its one sheet thick aluminium chassis.
Order an extra 1gb memory at time of purchase (only comes with 1GB) and a small 320GB Hard Drive. The Apple Mighty Mouse and Keyboard now work properly in Windows as recognised instantly the graphics card is also fairly good at the price its a ATi Radeon 2600 Pro.
This all in one cannot be matched by anything in PC form with the Build quality (no sharp edges anywhere) and specification and even PC Pro magazine says "it is the most Impressive all-in-one available on the Market.
So folks give it a Whirl, you will not be disappointed. :D

I tried to put the word W o t s i t s but get Wotsits instead.

e668ecp
24th October 2007, 18:23
Cheapest Core 2 Duo Imac I can suppy is £650 inc VAT and delivery. Stock tba though :(

JohnDotCom
24th October 2007, 18:30
I've got one of the Above on trial for Installation for a Company, (40 of the b*****s) to make sure we can run all their own software on it as part of new Network.

GG I will be in touch about that, MAC Networks not my cup of Tea really if you are available for Hire?
I'm into Unix, NT, Window Server etc.

e668ecp
24th October 2007, 18:34
I'm into NT, XP and doing MSDCT + MSCE on Vista/Server 2003. Real fun...

GreyGhost
24th October 2007, 19:15
Ooops I meant that :D
The £799 new iMAC is a stunning machine running both OS X and Windows with 20" screen. A kick in the spherical objects for those that say Apple only build kit for a Premium price. Gone is the White finish replaced by a nice brushed aluminium finish. Screen now has Black surround and Apple have dumped the Translucent keyboard for a Aluminium one with Laptop style keys.No sharp edges anywhere but is a bit difficult to upgrade hard drive and memory with its one sheet thick aluminium chassis.
Order an extra 1gb memory at time of purchase (only comes with 1GB) and a small 320GB Hard Drive. The Apple Mighty Mouse and Keyboard now work properly in Windows as recognised instantly the graphics card is also fairly good at the price its a ATi Radeon 2600 Pro.
This all in one cannot be matched by anything in PC form with the Build quality (no sharp edges anywhere) and specification and even PC Pro magazine says "it is the most Impressive all-in-one available on the Market.
So folks give it a Whirl, you will not be disappointed. :D

I tried to put the word W o t s i t s but get Wotsits instead.

They are an absolute doddle to gain entry and upgrade. three Phillips screws on the early ones, changed to torx on the later ones, not had my hands on an ali case yet, that'll be next week.

nairda
28th October 2007, 00:46
Only gripe I had with Macs was the naff keyboard and mouse. Oh, and the lack of upgrade paths, (compared with PCs). I must say though, Boot Camp opens up new vistas, (groan), with regard to running OSX and XP on a Mac. Personally, I'm well impressed with Kubuntu Linux. I built a machine out of redundant bits/ebay bargains and installed Kubuntu on it as a try out and was pleasantly surprised.

I can honestly see many people ditching PCs and veering towards Macs as a protest of sorts. Vista hasn't really lived up to the hype and I think people are a little fed up of having to upgrade hardware/software with every new Microsoft OS.

GreyGhost
28th October 2007, 01:09
AFAIK the only part of OSX 10.5 that has a compatibility issue is the use of backgrounds and effects in Ichat. Requires Intel processor. All other functions are the same, PPC or Intel. Most software is now universal binary, all third party hardware manufacturers have drivers available in PPC or Intel compatible code, you choose if the software is not already to configured to make it's own choice. In many cases the system will handle third party equipment without cumbersome software installs.

nairda
28th October 2007, 01:27
Which reinforces my view vis a vis a shift from PCs to Macs, (or Linux, although I think for the average user, Linux is perhaps a little too technical).

GreyGhost
28th October 2007, 01:33
Which reinforces my view vis a vis a shift from PCs to Macs, (or Linux, although I think for the average user, Linux is perhaps a little too technical).

I agree, even though I've been playing with Macs for 14-15 years I have never really spent time in command line environments, never really had to so my use of the command line is relatively limited. If I need apache set up or sendmail I get a clever person to do it for me. :)

nairda
28th October 2007, 01:45
Well, I've always thought that the reason Macs are used more by creative people is that they just want to create. Rather than be overly concerned with the means by which they produce something, they just want to be unencumbered by having to know about the technicalities of how.

I think that will resonate with many who just want to 'do' something using computers rather than having to learn technical skills before they can do something.