PDA

View Full Version : Accident - Manchester Body Repair Recommendations Please

Frank Incensed
28th March 2012, 19:02
Got hit whilst stationary the other day.:mad: Driver was blinded by the sun at 7.40 in the morning. Not something we're used to in Manchester, but Her Majesty the Queen has been here, see.:D
I sat there after the impact, not wanting to get out and look at the damage, in case I thought the car might be written off.

The good news is:
1) Nobody was hurt
2) I think the bumper and wing can be made good
3) The other party's insurance has admitted liability
4) The car is legal (though I made a mess of my hand fishing the indicator bulb holder out of the front bumper)
5) I wanted to have some cosmetic work done on the car and was waiting to catch Mrs Incensed in a weak moment
6) I should be able to make the Hollow Tree on 4th April:}

I'm going to include Sean's place in Newton le Willows when getting quotes, but can anyone recommend work done by a body shop not too far from the centre of Manchester/Salford, please?
Also, in the event that I'm wrong, has anyone had any experience of getting panels and bumpers from China? I know Devilish has been involved in getting premium bumpers from there.

Touchstone
28th March 2012, 19:59
How does Farnworth sound for near you.
neighbor of mine, Andy, has his own business in Farnworth.
He's done a couple of jobs for me, and tomorrow he's doing a bit of tidying up on my daughters car.
I can get some details re phone number and address for you in the morning.

Frank Incensed
28th March 2012, 20:43
He's done a couple of jobs for me, and tomorrow he's doing a bit of tidying up on my daughters car.

Thanks very much for the offer Ian, but Farnworth's a bit too far out, unless Andy is absolutely brilliant and gives really good value too. The only reasons that I'm considering going to Newton le Willows are that the place is highly recommended by other members and I've actually seen some of their work, so seems to be worth the extra problem of getting too and from Manchester city centre.

Ta
Robert

vindaloo
28th March 2012, 20:50
Thanks very much for the offer Ian, but Farnworth's a bit too far out, unless Andy is absolutely brilliant and gives really good value too. The only reasons that I'm considering going to Newton le Willows are that the place is highly recommended by other members and I've actually seen some of their work, so seems to be worth the extra problem of getting too and from Manchester city centre.

Ta
Robert

Robert
I don't live too far away from Sean & as I was responsible for J1MBO using him via my recommendation, I will happily collect you from Sean's & drop you in Manchester if you end up using him.
Jim

Alan.F
28th March 2012, 20:53

I would be interested in his details TS i live in little lever and want some bits and pieces doing to my ZS

James.uk
28th March 2012, 20:59
Awww.. Sorry to hear the bad news F-I... :(.. But if you need a lift to and from anywhere just ask.. Only too happy to oblige (do it for ya) :D:D:D

Frank Incensed
28th March 2012, 21:24
Robert
I don't live too far away from Sean & as I was responsible for J1MBO using him via my recommendation, I will happily collect you from Sean's & drop you in Manchester if you end up using him.
Jim

Awww.. Sorry to hear the bad news F-I... :(.. But if you need a lift to and from anywhere just ask.. Only too happy to oblige (do it for ya) :D:D:D

Thanks a lot to both of you!! That's really kind.
I'm taking the car to 3 or 4 of the big shops on Friday to get quotes and I'll see what Sean has to say too. The other party's insurers have given me a month to get it sorted.
Jim, I've sent you a PM.

andyg2011
28th March 2012, 21:38
Hope u get it sorted soon mate.

Touchstone
30th March 2012, 18:57
I would be interested in his details TS i live in little lever and want some bits and pieces doing to my ZS

Sorry been a bit busy of late.

Bodywork etc in Farnworth.

AFM
(Andy)
01204 571214
or 07885 306620

He as done a bit of tidying up for me on my car and just finished same sort of problems on my daughters car, and we are both pleased with his work.
In truth I don't know if he's cheaper or more expensive than any one else, or indeed if I'm getting mates rates.
But I think his work is good.

Frank Incensed
1st April 2012, 20:08
Well, here's what the car looks like now:mad:.

I've just suggested to Mrs Incensed that the car will look silly with one pristine wing and the rest of the front covered in stone chips and that I'd like to spend about £1000 of our money, in addition to about £1000 that the other party's insurance will be forking out, making the car look cared for:D. That went down well! I don't think she cares much for me at the moment:(.