PDA

View Full Version : thought i would just share

cabbers
30th March 2012, 21:54
as some of you know i am no longer a MG Rover owner as my last 2 ZT's was just a pain in the bum so i have gone back to ford.

I paid £600 for the car on ebay just under 3 weeks ago, Its a Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec.

Below are some pics of the car when i bought it and also some pics of what it looks like now (after a few mods and after a few coats of polish).

Mods i have made are:-

Spi Vision Tinted Headlights
50% Tinted Front Windows
Limo Tinted Rear Windows
Upgraded Rear Lights
Crystal Clear Side Indicators
Bonnet Bra.

When i first bought the car:-

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/cabbers1989/Ford%20Mondeo%20Zetec/KGrHqRlIE9RoyrdvHBPU1GD0u7g60_3.jpg
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/cabbers1989/Ford%20Mondeo%20Zetec/KGrHqRooE8dDg5BCjBPU1HLgYH60_3.jpg
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/cabbers1989/Ford%20Mondeo%20Zetec/KGrHqVpsE8WVGyLZRBPU1GUhRNQ60_3.jpg

What it looks like now:-

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/cabbers1989/bonnet%20bra/Image0245.jpg
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/cabbers1989/tints/Image0241.jpg

mamasboy
30th March 2012, 22:00
oh no, remove that bra sir its not good!!! Tidy looking run about otherwise...

cabbers
30th March 2012, 22:02
oh no, remove that bra sir its not good!!! Tidy looking run about otherwise...

i like the bonnet bra - makes it look different to all the other mondeos by me :D

lady zed
30th March 2012, 22:03
What is that on the front?? Car looks great excpet that bit......sorry.

mamasboy
30th March 2012, 22:04
i like the bonnet bra - makes it look different to all the other mondeos by me :D

its different i'll give you that!

cabbers
30th March 2012, 22:04
What is that on the front?? Car looks great excpet that bit......sorry.

that is the bonnet bra :}

craig8661
30th March 2012, 22:05
have to say i like the modeo.

are your front tints classed as legal

Brabus
30th March 2012, 22:05
In the aircooled VeeDub scene bonnet bras are very cool.Saves the paint.Nice car

gavin 75
30th March 2012, 22:06
fix
Often
Repair
Daily

calibrax
30th March 2012, 22:09
Not a fan of the bra... after all, normally you only find a *** in one!
Oh, and I'm afraid that your front window tints are illegal, and will invalidate your insurance...

cabbers
30th March 2012, 22:09
have to say i like the modeo.

are your front tints classed as legal

the front tints are not legal but i have had the same grade of front tints on all the cars i have had and the police have never said anything to me.

Can i also point out that the headlight tints are LEGAL, its a new tint film that as just recently come out called Spy Vision and it complys with uk laws and the m.o.t rules :}

ZedTeeTee
30th March 2012, 22:11
I have to say, on a personal note, that does absolutley nothing for me, and the bonnet bra can work on some cars, but does not on this.

That said, I can also see you have put a lot of time and effort into the car, and you very obviously love it, so on that side of things, I am genuinely pleased that you have a car you are enjoying, and I hope it brings you much motoring pleasure.

mamasboy
why would you tint headlights? does it not reduce the light output?

calibrax
In the aircooled VeeDub scene bonnet bras are very cool.Saves the paint.Nice car

It saves it from stonechips, but the bra itself causes problems with it rubbing on the edges, and trapped moisture promoting rust...

God, I'm a real killjoy tonight! I apologise if I've offended anyone...

gaz7560
30th March 2012, 22:13
A more economical and sensible choice in my opinion, will save numerous repair bills as mondeo much cheaper to do and run. Good for the money you paid! If my car was not worth so little I might even be tempted to follow suit.

cabbers
30th March 2012, 22:15
I have to say, on a personal note, that does absolutley nothing for me, and the bonnet bra can work on some cars, but does not on this.

That said, I can also see you have put a lot of time and effort into the car, and you very obviously love it, so on that side of things, I am genuinely pleased that you have a car you are enjoying, and I hope it brings you much motoring pleasure.

Thanks mate, i have had it 3 weeks on sunday and it drives great and does not miss a beat (i know fords have there problems but so does every type of car). Its coming on pritty well.

Next on my list is a ST interior :drool4:

cabbers
30th March 2012, 22:16
why would you tint headlights? does it not reduce the light output?

believe it or not it does not effect the light output. i went out in it last night and there is no light loss - its hard to believe until you see it :bowdown:

craig8661
30th March 2012, 22:16
Thanks mate, i have had it 3 weeks on sunday and it drives great and does not miss a beat (i know fords have there problems but so does every type of car). Its coming on pritty well.

as you have said its not just one brand that suffers there seems to be a sterio type on every car forum that the brand they have is the best.

any car can have problems wether its a ford rover renault volvo

ZedTeeTee
30th March 2012, 22:23

You do realise, you sound like one of those Rover 75 owners.....enjoying their vehicle, performing upgrades, ranting on about how good the marque is?

Enjoy the car, at the end of the day, that's the important thing :p:

Departed 32016
30th March 2012, 22:23
One question- why? I'm all for personalising you car so you obviously like it, but I remember a similar thread and opinions about your 75 mods.

cabbers
30th March 2012, 22:27
One question- why? I'm all for personalising you car so you obviously like it, but I remember a similar thread and opinions about your 75 mods.

people thoughts are always welcomed - plus alot of people liked my 75 when i saw it for real :}

jimn
31st March 2012, 04:49
the front tints are not legal but i have had the same grade of front tints on all the cars i have had and the police have never said anything to me.

Well that's alright then, *** things like safety, they are illegal for a reason (and I have never understood why it's not part of the MOT). The closest I came to dying on my old GPz900R was when a car with tinted windows pulled out in front of me in broad daylight - SMIDSY!

Simondi
31st March 2012, 05:41
I've always liked the Mondeo, good car, does what it says on the tin.

Enjoy

vitesse-chris
31st March 2012, 06:16

Can i also point out that the headlight tints are LEGAL, its a new tint film that as just recently come out called Spy Vision and it complys with uk laws and the m.o.t rules :}

The front tints HAVE to be ilegal, iirc the front windows have to allow around 75% light (could be more) and due to the fact the window is already tinted (have a look at all the small writing on the window!) you are well past the 75% as it will already be around that mark standard!

I found out the hard way, bought a MK2 Mondeo ST24, the bloke had it all windows tinted, told me all was legal (I wasn't aware then) I got pulled by a T5, they only let in 22% light, I was told to remove them which is a pain at the side of the road, and got 3 points and a £60 fine for my troubles, he classed the car to be in a dangerous condition!

MrDoodles
31st March 2012, 08:27
Very nice and if times get hard, at least you can now go mini cabbing at night! :D

Rabett_Rover
31st March 2012, 08:39
Aha bonnet bra’s, a friend of mine had one on his Polo for about 12 months, opened the bonnet one day and could see the bottom of his bonnet bra through the hole it had made in the bonnet :D. Make sure you clean the grit out regularly, as they are quite effective and sanding all the paint off otherwise.

lady zed
31st March 2012, 09:08
I have never seen one of them in my life. (bonnet bra that is).

Kiltman
31st March 2012, 09:22
Over tinted front windows are one of the things which make me most angry, downright dangerous!

trebor
31st March 2012, 10:00
That's not a car bra THIS is what you need

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm292/trebor798/dc25206f.jpg

And if that don't suit there are alternatives

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm292/trebor798/d4bf1af6.jpg

cabbers
31st March 2012, 12:55
Well that's alright then, *** things like safety, they are illegal for a reason (and I have never understood why it's not part of the MOT). The closest I came to dying on my old GPz900R was when a car with tinted windows pulled out in front of me in broad daylight - SMIDSY!

to be fair mate everyone as there own thoughts about any mods and i respect that but like i have said i have had 50% window tints on the front of all the cars i have had and i have never had no issues with the police, the m.o.t centres or even vosa when i got pulled and they inspected one of my old cars.

I can see through the windows normal so i have no issues with vision.

End of day no matter what car i have the windows will always be tinted front and rear

cabbers
31st March 2012, 12:57
Aha bonnet bra’s, a friend of mine had one on his Polo for about 12 months, opened the bonnet one day and could see the bottom of his bonnet bra through the hole it had made in the bonnet :D. Make sure you clean the grit out regularly, as they are quite effective and sanding all the paint off otherwise.

it wont be on for long periods of time, i have had them on previous cars and i always took them off at least every 2 weeks gave them a good clean and left the bonnet bra off for 2 weeks before fitting it again :}

vitesse-chris
31st March 2012, 13:16
to be fair mate everyone as there own thoughts about any mods and i respect that but like i have said i have had 50% window tints on the front of all the cars i have had and i have never had no issues with the police, the m.o.t centres or even vosa when i got pulled and they inspected one of my old cars.

I can see through the windows normal so i have no issues with vision.

End of day no matter what car i have the windows will always be tinted front and rear

This seems to confirm whats already been said...

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/AdviceOnKeepingYourVehicle/DG_181016