PDA

View Full Version : Carmen 1965

Roverowner
5th April 2012, 21:55
Iīve just received these 2 photos from Stuart whoīs been doing up one of my old vans. GB Replicas just outside of Norwich are to be recommended:D

Would be nice to get over and get it.....

Steve916
6th April 2012, 08:05
I'm not a caravan person, but that looks really nice:}
They have done a lovely job of making it look brand new

whitevanman
6th April 2012, 08:08
That's really nice is that something with a bit of style just like the 75!

Roverowner
6th April 2012, 08:11
Itīs so light and compact. 100% no leaks. The front and back windows are set low so you can see all the way through when driving. No need for caravan mirrors. Only 70 made between 62-65. Will look great behind the pre-prod saloon:)

Roverowner
6th April 2012, 08:41
The Dutch have always appreciated good form.....

gefary
6th April 2012, 09:13
So what do you attach the awning to ?

Really lovely looking van.

uk_dave&gill
6th April 2012, 09:15
Funky vans or what? :D

Roverowner
6th April 2012, 09:47
So what do you attach the awning to ?

Really lovely looking van.

There you have me:) Weīve never used it with an awning. When I bought it I was given the original aluminium strip (in 2 parts) that was on the side of the van to take an awning. Stuart has got it but donīt know whether to put it on again as it spoils the look a bit. A nice little sun roof like this would suffice if we did get an awning.... Any suggestions:shrug:

Roverowner
6th April 2012, 10:03
Funky vans or what? :D

Itīs the best one overall so far. Any smaller, like the Dutch Biod and itīs too small. The Eriba Puck is great but the roof puts me off a bit. The SMV 10 (pic with sun roof)or 12 is nice but aluminium sheets on wood frame . not a really god idea (leaks and rot, expensive to repair). Any bigger and it starts to get a bit of a chore. With this, no-one ever has given me the finger or been mad for -blocking- up the roads. They all smile when they pass:D The kids loved it. We couldnīt go on holidays without:) MKP, an old Danish glass fiber van is good, see pic, but getting on the larger side.

I have always disliked vans till we had children and needed a home whilst in UK (family on south coast and in Scotland). These small, cosy, run abouts were just the answer;)

gefary
6th April 2012, 13:04
Worth getting a free standing awning to put the van in to keep it looking good and keep it warm:}

FredSpencer
6th April 2012, 13:11
As it was before with RO, Mrs RO and some bloke from Norfhumberland (very stylish ... his t-shirt matches his car). :D

http://www.lakelandphotography.net/./Fred/IMG_1300-800.jpg

Roverowner
6th April 2012, 16:54
First time Iīve seen that photo Fred. We had a great time with you lot -up north- Have you got one of your -accommodation-;). This is a few years ago now, we left the van with Stuart in Norwich when we got back down south. Been there since:o (Stuart has been busy:D)

Vaguely remember a -car park attendant- waving us into the parking at Beamish (Ronnie:D)

FredSpencer
6th April 2012, 17:11
If you haven't seen the photos have a look here. (https://picasaweb.google.com/117495716987941574192/RoverownerUKTour2010Web#)

The tent didn't feature in any photos but it is etched in my mind ... and the ground it was on in my back! ;)

How times have changed, eh? The car park attendent is now the King of Bling. :D

Roverowner
6th April 2012, 20:50
Great pics Fred. We will have to come over when Iīve sorted my present problems out:o The King of Bling must hae been taken in by all the lovely chrome bits on the exhibits at Beamish;):D

Brian is 2 on the 18th. He has learned all the names of car manufacturers the last month or so. He inspects all the cars parked on the way to playschool. First a look at the grill and if heīs not satisfied with that he goes around to the back to look for a badge:D

FredSpencer
9th April 2012, 10:57
He's really looking like you now ..... poor lad. ;) :getmecoat:

Did you see the other ones at Beamish?

https://picasaweb.google.com/117495716987941574192/RoverownerUKTour2010BeamishMuseumWeb#

Roverowner
9th April 2012, 11:15
Havenīt seen them since we got back from the holiday. Some really nice ones of the family. Beamish is a great place for an outing. Wouldnīt mind going again:D

FredSpencer
9th April 2012, 12:15
Could have sworn I posted a link. :shrug::shrug:

Colin and I did eventually get back there again. Some more photies:

https://picasaweb.google.com/117495716987941574192/Beamish0107111600#

windrush
9th April 2012, 15:53
You have a great little van and will I am sure bring a lot of admirers

Roverowner
9th April 2012, 16:52
Some really good photos Fred, especially the ones of the interiors of the houses. Hope we can do something similar in the future;)

Roverowner
9th April 2012, 16:54
Thanks Derek. Stuart who has done the work has agreed to rent out a space in the back of his works for it. This means that we can pick it up when we come over and have a good place to store it otherwise. Norwich isnīt far from Harwich so this will be ideal.