PDA

View Full Version : Beware Rover Dvd Navigation Units On Ebay

JohnDotCom
26th November 2006, 19:43
Hi Everybody. I know everyone wants to upgrade to a BMW Mk4 Sat Nav DVD Unit but beware of the units on sale on EBay Marked as Rover 75 DVD. They are not for the UK market even though everything in ad listing is correct, they were for Japan Market and cannot be connected by swapping over for use in UK there is a socket missing and ones on back are different fitments.

Just please be aware and dont rush in without full details it would cost a lot of money and time to convert them I believe.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-75-DVD-NAVIGATION-UNIT_W0QQitemZ120055948722QQihZ002QQcategoryZ10414 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-75-DVD-N...QQcmdZViewItem)

:flog: YOU REALLY WOULD BE FLOGGING A DEAD HORSE!

Andyb123
26th November 2006, 19:52
Hi John,

I have a 2002 Rover 75 CDT Auto, Conn SE with HiLine SATNAV system and have been looking into upgrading my unit to the BMW Mk4, do you know if the correct unit is available for UK system and any idea of cost.

Many thanks for your reply,

Very best regards,

Andy

Wrexham, North Wales

JohnDotCom
26th November 2006, 20:05
There is no problem upgrading if you do use the BMW Mk4 unit, its a

straight swap, but always make sure (by asking) that they have been

shut down properly before removing and are for Colour not Black & White!

The Rover 75 Alpine units shown in Listing are just not the same as the BMW MK4.

Prices vary a lot and can cost from £160 to £ 260 on EBay just check the above.

Im sure someone will be along in a minute with more help & advice.

Then all you have to do to really finish is convert to 16:9 update software to show

speed cameras, sky, different Icons & Voices etc....

John Robins
26th November 2006, 20:49
Thanks John I was looking at that but could'nt figure out what was wrong with it and I thought of asking one of the resident experts !

Keith
27th November 2006, 10:22
That part number is for a Landrover
http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:q32wat7FaGQJ:www.hermanosnunez.com/tarifas/TARIFASRO_Listado.asp%3Feasy_page%3D28%26easy_orde rby%3D3%26easy_orderby_order%3DD%26easy_Buscar%3D+ YIB100040&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=1

we have mentioend this in another thread, I PM'd the seller saying he was mis advertising it and that it will not be ok for a 75 what I find funny is they retail at £1500 not £150 so thankfully he won't get a very high bid for it anyway

that one will end in tears!

JohnDotCom
27th November 2006, 12:32
Your so right Keith but what is funny is they seem to have a supply of these "new" units as this is the third one they have listed

(or are they returns being resold?). No matter what model its for, it won't work over here! Are you allowed to warn bidders & of

course let them know about and how to join this Club Forum?

John Robins
28th November 2006, 19:25
Someone paid £25 for it , might be a bargain if they know what there doing !

Keith
29th November 2006, 09:31
No it was not sold she pulled the auction because I told her to

She is now off to her landrover dealers to find out what it is really for and then advertise properly, seeing as they retail at £1000 plus not £150 as she thought that to me seemed like a very good idea!

There was no way I wanted to try and explain to someone that would later pop up here or PM me that it was absolutely no good for their 75 or ZT period

Simon watch the Howto section I am currently retrofitting Hi-Line in my V8 so will have it written up by Xmas I hope maybe sooner if I can keep away from this computer long enough to get on with the install

JohnDotCom
29th November 2006, 09:40
Now Why Didn't think of that Keith? :twonk:

I did think it was a seller trying to dispose of some goods knowingly, as it (or another one held) had previously been listed by same person, didn't know seller was "Lady"