PDA

View Full Version : Had a look at this

lady zed
12th April 2012, 13:04
http://www.carfinderscotland.co.uk/88813767

And all I can say is they must have dragged it out a river........

There was no-one around to show me it but it was open so I had a week peak. I would have sat in it if I hadn#t been afraid of being infected with something. The condensation you see in the windows..? Well there's mould all over the seats and it smells rather damp. The alloys are in horrendous condition and would def need refurbed. I didn't even attempt to enquire further, shame, could have been a nice car.

carguy143
12th April 2012, 13:22
Could be leaky rear light seals, waist trim or even a flooded plenum overflowing in to the cabin.

You'll find a good un eventually, keep looking! :)

Rik.

lady zed
12th April 2012, 13:34
The centre bit on the back seats was disgusting, I'm sure there were mushrooms growing in there!

trebor
12th April 2012, 13:50
looks a tad overpriced then, but its a one owner so wonder whats caused it, standing for a period and damp inside spreading ?

lady zed
12th April 2012, 13:54
looks a tad overpriced then, but its a one owner so wonder whats caused it, standing for a period and damp inside spreading ?

Very over priced. Def in need of some TLC!

Yella Fella
12th April 2012, 14:01
This demonstrates that cars can look nice in pictures. Seeing them 'in the flesh' can be a different story. I often wonder why people by cars from e-bay without viewing. Its crazy mad.

bluey9
12th April 2012, 15:51
Hi
You must be mad even looking at that when there was a stunningly kept 06 plate cdti with 39k miles going fot £3,000 yesterday.

You know you won't rest til you have one.... take a wee trip to Whitley Bay and buy the 06..

Cheers
Bluey

bluey9
12th April 2012, 15:53
This demonstrates that cars can look nice in pictures. Seeing them 'in the flesh' can be a different story. I often wonder why people by cars from e-bay without viewing. Its crazy mad.

*holds hands up*

Although... if it's described as lovely and it's a clunker then you are well within your rights to refuse to buy it once you've seen it.

Cheers
Bluey

SapperGB
12th April 2012, 15:57
Hi
You must be mad even looking at that when there was a stunningly kept 06 plate cdti with 39k miles going fot £3,000 yesterday.

You know you won't rest til you have one.... take a wee trip to Whitley Bay and buy the 06..

Cheers
Bluey

and on her way home the clutch slave will have packed up. The car has been withdrawn for sale. others had arranged to see it and one even bought a rail ticket before getting the bad news :)

bluey9
12th April 2012, 16:06
I know, just saw that. But how would you be able to tell.

Buy an automatic

Cheers
Bluey

Brabus
12th April 2012, 17:44

My wife bought my ZT on the bay when I was out.looked bad in the picks,it turned out to be a cracker.We have bought about a dozen of ebay and it all been good.If its not as Described you are within your write to walk away.

lady zed
12th April 2012, 17:51
Hi

Cheers
Bluey

I on;y looked cos I was passing, I wasn't even seriously considering it tbh but wanted a benchmark lol, turned out to be a tidemark.........

Departed 32016
12th April 2012, 17:53
Yuck. At least you have something to compare with...

Alan_G
12th April 2012, 17:58
Well they are a "used car" dealership, just dont say what the car has been used for. This one was clearly used as a submarine! :D

bluey9
13th April 2012, 17:58
Anna
Just at Williamwood Station there's a wee garage called Gordon Motors where I get all my maintenance done. Peter does a bit of buying and selling of cars too and on my way past today I saw he had a 75 outside and called him to ask about it:
Spec is as follows:

55 plate
Metallic Grey
1.8 T Contemporary
33,0000 miles
auto
star spoke alloys.... the best
not sure of other toys

Sticker prices was £3,600... not cheap.... but I'm sure some haggling could be had.

I know you used to sat nearby, but not sure where you are now. Peter is a genuine guy and wouldn't sell anyone a pup.

Cheers
Bluey

lady zed
14th April 2012, 17:20
Anna
Just at Williamwood Station there's a wee garage called Gordon Motors where I get all my maintenance done. Peter does a bit of buying and selling of cars too and on my way past today I saw he had a 75 outside and called him to ask about it:
Spec is as follows:

55 plate
Metallic Grey
1.8 T Contemporary
33,0000 miles
auto
star spoke alloys.... the best
not sure of other toys

Sticker prices was £3,600... not cheap.... but I'm sure some haggling could be had.

I know you used to sat nearby, but not sure where you are now. Peter is a genuine guy and wouldn't sell anyone a pup.

Cheers
Bluey

Hey bluey,

I stopped by and had a look at that 75 today. The alloys could do with a refurb, the obc display is shot and needs fixed (can only read half the screen) and the thing that bothered me the most is the steering wheel seems a bit worn for a car that's only done 33000 miles, not overly worn but I would have expected it to be practically brand new. It also only has 3 service stamps, 2006, 2007 at 11000 miles then not serviced again until 2011 at 30000 miles. The number on the windscreen is sarrjclrm50339742 if that means anything and the reg is sn55 dbv. Overall it gave the impression of being a 70/80000 mile car.

Loved the colour, I think grey is one of my favourites.

bluey9
14th April 2012, 17:58
Hey bluey,

I stopped by and had a look at that 75 today. The alloys could do with a refurb, the obc display is shot and needs fixed (can only read half the screen) and the thing that bothered me the most is the steering wheel seems a bit worn for a car that's only done 33000 miles, not overly worn but I would have expected it to be practically brand new. It also only has 3 service stamps, 2006, 2007 at 11000 miles then not serviced again until 2011 at 30000 miles. The number on the windscreen is sarrjclrm50339742 if that means anything and the reg is sn55 dbv. Overall it gave the impression of being a 70/80000 mile car.

Loved the colour, I think grey is one of my favourites.

Hmmmm.... not so good then. The most I saw was driving past it twice doing 20 odd mph. Alloy refurb not a big deal and the screen should be repaired before someone buys it from him.
If you don't think it's for you then onwards and upwards... has to be the right un.

Cheers
Bluey9