PDA

View Full Version : NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- Rattle!!!!!!!!!

stef_uk
26th November 2006, 22:13
Its driving me mad ,started in the last few weeks behind the clock area between 1500 and 2500rpm (diesel).an annoying vibration...i know alot of ppl have had this can anyone pinpoint whats vibrating and how to solve it please......

thx stef:rant: :mood: :sad3:

madone
26th November 2006, 22:34
Sorry cant help you with that one but recently I have had a vibration/rattle in the front drivers side door/speaker area :mad:

Phil
26th November 2006, 22:35
I think people mention a bcu rattle in that area, I think there is a how too, however, mine rattles at the rpm and the area you describe, mine stops if I adjust the thumbdial for the heater bypass.

Kandyman
27th November 2006, 06:54
It's easy to take out the instrument pack buy removing the 3 screws on the instrument binnacle and then pulling and twisting the instrument pack forwards to should pop out.

Hopefully this might help you locate the source of your rattle.

I’m going to move this to tech help section.

Rincewind
27th November 2006, 10:42
Lots of creaks and rattles will start to appear at this time of the year as it's getting colder and things that normally fit snugly will be contracting and causing rattle. Mine's developed a few at certain speeds and engine loads but it's only since it's got colder.

Most annoying as we should have compensated for it, however...........

Moonstone
29th November 2006, 17:27
I think people mention a bcu rattle in that area, I think there is a how too, however, mine rattles at the rpm and the area you describe, mine stops if I adjust the thumbdial for the heater bypass.

Body Control Unit (box fixed to bulkhead) has got the blame for this in the past, though there are a few other potential culprits in the same area, behind the glovebox. There are air vents here, too, so any sound would get conducted upwards to the vents in the clock area. Fixed mine last week and the rattle has gone (fingers crossed). See the Car Interior part of the How-to forum.