PDA

View Full Version : Free caravan - must go due to lost storage

lovema75
21st April 2012, 00:30
This may sound too good to be true but read on - its a genuine offer.

The caravan is presently on the island of Islay - please ensure you know where this is.

If you are in the Scotland area this may be of interest to you.

The caravan is a very sound and dry little van with much recent work - not fancy luxury but basic and tidy.

I bought it last year and towed it onto Islay to use for weekend visits including through the winter and its been great. But now I have lost my storage and my current 75 has no towbar so I cant tow it anyway. It has to be gone from its present temporary storage asap.

I bought it last september for £450. It looks a bit plain but I bought it because of the work the owner had done to it, he was quite a handyman.

Its a 12ft 3 berth, make unknown (the previous owner didnt know either), although I suspect it may be a Sprite, approx 15 yrs old. There is a chassis plate in German (cant remember the name) and the chassis is galvanised and in good condition. The chassis plate indicates it weighs 750kg.

The previous owner bought it from a dealer, it was suffering water damage. He did a lot of repair work inside replacing damaged paneling, and completely rewired it for 240v hook-up, and a very clever 12v lighting system with some LED lights for low power usage - in the months I used it I never charged the battery once so he knew his stuff. The battery can be charged when connected to 240v via the charger he built in!

He decorated the interior rather plainly, mostly in white, and the floor is tiled. This was because he had young children and wanted it to be easy clean. His wife made the plain curtains and striped cushion covers. Because the paint was poor he painted the outside in a 25yr matt finish mould resistant white paint, which has been well applied and looks fine.

It has a gas hob/grill, 3-way fridge, sink, toilet compartment with porta-potti and sink, and comes with long hook-up cable, gas cylinder, an awning and crockery inc pot/pans etc. You may also have the 14" colour tv/dvd player as well. Also a wheel clamp and a tow-hitch lock come with it. When last towed by me all the external lights worked fine - markers, rear light and numberplate. The tyres are good and there are wheel covers fitted. One side window has a crack but does not let in water. The roof light was recently replaced.

The caravan is therefore basic but sound and I have been very pleased with it. My last car, a Rover 400 towed it fine and it was stable and towed well. But I will not be using it for some time and now have nowhere to store it - it must go asap.

Costs involved? It costs approx £150 to take a car over to the island of Islay and return with a caravan. But you really are getting a free caravan - no strings. If your near the west of scotland you could have a weekend and return with a caravan.

No strings? Well maybe one...you can have the caravan but I wouldn't say no to a donation of 5 litres of the correct auto transmission fluid VYK 000040 from Rimmers or Xpart for my Rover 75. Is that reasonable?

I will try find pics of a similar caravan. Sorry but I deleted the ones on my phone some time back.

PM's welcomed.

danmayberry
21st April 2012, 07:06
ive got 2 litres of new landrover n402 spare in my shed

Robson Rover Repair
21st April 2012, 10:05
I wish I was in Scotland right now! :(

lady zed
26th April 2012, 08:01
Wish I'd a towbar right now! :(