PDA

View Full Version : Headlights - confused!

baxlin
27th November 2006, 10:24
My car is 2002 CDT Conn SE, with Halogen headlights, and it has the dashboard manual adjuster wheel, which works fine. I understand it does not therefore have self-levelling headlights.

But I note when I first switch the headlights on when the car has been standing all day, the headlight beams seem to move up and down, as if searching for a particular setting.

This is no problem at all, I'm just wondering what it's doing.

Second point is I've just noticed that if the lights are on main beam when you switch them off, when you put them back on they have reverted to dipped. What a brilliant safety feature, one that I've not seen on other cars.

Yet another unsung benefit of these fantastic cars.

yp53
27th November 2006, 10:28
When the lights are first switched on, they first move all the way down to set a reference position, then move up depending on the thumbwheel setting.

baxlin
27th November 2006, 10:31
By heck, that was quick, thanks!!

Simon W
1st December 2006, 02:12
When the lights are first switched on, they first move all the way down to set a reference position, then move up depending on the thumbwheel setting.

Does that mean they're self-levelling then?

Mike
1st December 2006, 04:05
Does that mean they're self-levelling then?

Sadly no :( It just means they have a reference position from which they must start each time.

Keith
1st December 2006, 11:58
It is also a good way of doing a visual self test to check the positioners are working, which of course we all observe regularly don't we ;)

maxi_crawf
1st December 2006, 13:09
It is also a good way of doing a visual self test to check the positioners are working, which of course we all observe regularly don't we ;)

Of course :bigsmile:

maxi_crawf