PDA

View Full Version : Dent Removal

Jon
27th November 2006, 14:21
Some daft NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- has just dented the driver's door of my ZT :mad:

Even worse, it was me. :cry:

I'm livid with myself, the door slipped from my hand and swung against a tree, leaving a 50p sized ding.

TBH i'm amazed that I've had the car for nearly 18 months and its survived fairly unscathed this far! Wasn't expecting it to be me that dinged it though.... :rolleyes:

'Fortunately' it's not broken the paint.

So, couple of questions for those in the know;

1. Any recommendations for a dent remover that covers North London/Barnet?

2. What urgency should I show in getting it done, i.e. does it help to achieve a better finish if I get it repaired straight away (I could waffle on about metalurgy but I'd get lost after about 3 seconds...).

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jon :)

GreyGhost
27th November 2006, 15:18
Some daft NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- has just dented the driver's door of my ZT :mad:

Even worse, it was me. :cry:

I'm livid with myself, the door slipped from my hand and swung against a tree, leaving a 50p sized ding.

TBH i'm amazed that I've had the car for nearly 18 months and its survived fairly unscathed this far! Wasn't expecting it to be me that dinged it though.... :rolleyes:

'Fortunately' it's not broken the paint.

So, couple of questions for those in the know;

1. Any recommendations for a dent remover that covers North London/Barnet?

2. What urgency should I show in getting it done, i.e. does it help to achieve a better finish if I get it repaired straight away (I could waffle on about metalurgy but I'd get lost after about 3 seconds...).

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jon :)
If the paint is not broken then you have plenty of time, if it is then get it repaired asap.

Keith
27th November 2006, 16:58
Just how capable are these Dent remover chappies?
I have a dent in the roof (yes I missed it when buying the car)
it is near the roof rack gully I have pulled the headlining down no access as it is double skinned. I reckon it is a big sucker or magnet type Job or drilling a hole in the dent to pull it out (bit drastic)

What other options can they use

Keith O
27th November 2006, 18:37
Paintless dent repairs can be very successful indeed, I would suggest to pop into your local BMW and Mercedes dealers and ask them who they use. If the same name comes up then that's the person you should be using!

Keith.

crofts
27th November 2006, 22:42
Paintless dent repairs can be very successful indeed, I would suggest to pop into your local BMW and Mercedes dealers and ask them who they use. If the same name comes up then that's the person you should be using!

Keith.

I used an oldish private guy on my XJ6 (that I had) to fix dent in drivers door
and I have used the local Dent Devil guy on my (ex) Merc C200.
Both did an absolutely perfect job.:lol:
Ask them for a quote for yours Keith, They can access some impossible looking areas