PDA

View Full Version : New purchase

evil.si
27th April 2012, 18:55
Well here's my new car.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-gmr-PMzSXrw/T5rcN6vAm0I/AAAAAAAAAZo/gArpCnDwAJk/s800/IMAG0051.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-unwDCrqKprw/T5rc5nXTGCI/AAAAAAAAAZw/C6UFI5bqBuo/s800/IMAG0052.jpg

Mazda 6 sport hatch 2.3l
- Cruise Control
- Climate control
- Xenons
- Bose stereo system
- Sat nav (Popup dash one)
-- Digital TV
-- DVD player
-- Bluetooth phone & media
-- media player (SD card, USB)
-- can use reverse camera (if fitted).
- Auto headlights
- Auto wipers
- Electric Sunroof
- Electric windows all round
- Electric mirrors

Basically the only extra it is missing is leather.

Needs a damn good wash, polish and scrub both inside and out. The aircon needs flushing too because it stinks of smoke but other than that, an absolutely great car for the price I paid. Glad I didn't give in to my doubts about buying it.

Before anyone mentions it, yes that is the 75/ZT OC tax disc holder in the window, the old one was a right mess.

Si

Petetourer
27th April 2012, 19:03
Well here's my new car.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-gmr-PMzSXrw/T5rcN6vAm0I/AAAAAAAAAZo/gArpCnDwAJk/s800/IMAG0051.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-unwDCrqKprw/T5rc5nXTGCI/AAAAAAAAAZw/C6UFI5bqBuo/s800/IMAG0052.jpg

Mazda 6 sport hatch 2.3l
- Cruise Control
- Climate control
- Xenons
- Bose stereo system
- Sat nav (Popup dash one)
-- Digital TV
-- DVD player
-- Bluetooth phone & media
-- media player (SD card, USB)
-- can use reverse camera (if fitted).
- Sunroof
- Electric windows all round
- Electric mirrors

Basically the only extra it is missing is leather.

Needs a damn good wash, polish and scrub both inside and out. The aircon needs flushing too because it stinks of smoke but other than that, an absolutely great car for the price I paid. Glad I didn't give in to my doubts about buying it.

Before anyone mentions it, yes that is the 75/ZT OC tax disc holder in the window, the old one was a right mess.

Si

Well Almost a Rex.... :D:D:D:D

*ZIMON*
27th April 2012, 19:03
I like these, my neighbour has an MPS version, has had it 16 months and it has been 100% fast and reliable!
Hope all goes well for you, too.

crofts
27th April 2012, 19:15
I have a lot of time for Mazda.
Daughter had 2 X 323 Fast back Mazda's. First a new one then S/H with 35,000
miles (cleaned up like new) Under warranty, got first class service. They even changed headlight bulbs free. Never a reliability problem with either.
Loved it to bits and only sold it because it did not have child seat fixings.
In laws had old Mazda 323 Auto. Totally reliable.
Will be interested in your experiences.

luapnotpu
27th April 2012, 19:23
Are they not just cheap Fords?:}

evil.si
27th April 2012, 19:45
Well Almost a Rex.... :D:D:D:D

She almost went for the idea esp after I got someone to bring on round so I could show her how much easier it was to put the baby seat in because of the suicide doors. The closest I got was talking her into a 6 MPS though which I almost bought last weekend (the offensive yellow one), the guy wouldn't budge on the price despite it being over priced, his only reason was "it's a 55 plate so cheaper tax.... innit". Don't mind though because there was something a bit off with it anyway, I reckon it wasn't putting power to all four wheels.

I have a lot of time for Mazda.
Daughter had 2 X 323 Fast back Mazda's. First a new one then S/H with 35,000
miles (cleaned up like new) Under warranty, got first class service. They even changed headlight bulbs free. Never a reliability problem with either.
Loved it to bits and only sold it because it did not have child seat fixings.
In laws had old Mazda 323 Auto. Totally reliable.
Will be interested in your experiences.

I am a self-confessed Mazda fan. I loved my RX8, loved the RX7 twin turbo and my friend had a 323 that wouldn't break no matter what he did to it (his idea of maintenance was opening the bonnet with the engine running and deciding that everything was working).

I will admit this is a Mondeo in disguise and the 3 is a Focus underneath but you'd have to say that the Mazda designers put a bit more effort into the looks.

Si

evil.si
30th April 2012, 11:15
Drove to the in-laws in south brum for the weekend and I must say it was very enjoyable.

Good points;
Grips the road well
Smooth
Seats are very comfortable and hold you well
The power delivery is great
Gearbox is great
The stereo is amazing
Boot is huuuuuuuuuuuge

The Bad;
It has the well known parcel shelf rattle that I foresee driving me mad unless I do something about it.
There is more road noise than I'd expect but that is probably due to the cheap tyres.

The meh;
Auto wipers seem a little indecisive
No idea how to switch the info to imperial from metric (no handbook)
God it stinks of smoke

Petetourer
30th April 2012, 13:39
Try holing dowm the AMB (Ambiant) button..

I know this changes the temp between Celisius and degrees, It may do the MPG as well ??

I know that it has been discussed on some Mazda forums and there does not seem to be a definite answer? Does not seem to be in the handbook either :shrug:

Drove to the in-laws in south brum for the weekend and I must say it was very enjoyable.

Good points;
Grips the road well
Smooth
Seats are very comfortable and hold you well
The power delivery is great
Gearbox is great
The stereo is amazing
Boot is huuuuuuuuuuuge

The Bad;
It has the well known parcel shelf rattle that I foresee driving me mad unless I do something about it.
There is more road noise than I'd expect but that is probably due to the cheap tyres.

The meh;
Auto wipers seem a little indecisive
No idea how to switch the info to imperial from metric (no handbook)
God it stinks of smoke

evil.si
30th April 2012, 15:07
Try holing dowm the AMB (Ambiant) button..

I know this changes the temp between Celisius and degrees, It may do the MPG as well ??

I know that it has been discussed on some Mazda forums and there does not seem to be a definite answer? Does not seem to be in the handbook either :shrug:

I think a lot of information was lost when the main Mazda forum got hacked, this is why you should keep off-server (pref off-site) backups people.... I'm sure I'll figure it out just before I put my new battery in and then it won't work again.

I neglected to add two other points that irked me on the drive last night;
1 - The cruise control lights do not dim with the dashboard lights.
2 - I always though the 75 stereo eyebrow was a bit fugly but it did serve a purpose and the large orange display on my 6 could do with one (I can pop the sat nav screen back into the dash at the touch of a button).

Having a handbook for my stereo would be really useful. I'm trying to work out if I can use this software (http://www.totalpda.co.uk/Garmin/Garmin-Mobile-XT-EU.7740.html) for my sat nav.