PDA

View Full Version : 18" ZT Wheels

PaulG
27th November 2006, 15:32
Visited my local ex MG / Rover dealer at the weekend. They had a pair of 18 x 7.5J 15 spoke ZT wheels for sale. Brand new and what seemed to me to be not a lot of money each. Anyone interested?

Keith
27th November 2006, 17:10
Yes but would need two or three more, I don't like these Apex alloys at all they don't suit my Black car imho

loupus666
27th November 2006, 17:20
How much were they?

PaulG
27th November 2006, 17:40
Yes but would need two or three more, I don't like these Apex alloys at all they don't suit my Black car imho

Sorry they only have the two. I had thought about them for my 75, but I would also need 2 / 3 more + tyres, and I'm not sure they would look right either. Would really like to replace my standard Connie wheels as I really don't like the Crowns it came with.

How much were they?
They were looking for £40 each, which seemed pretty good compared with X-Part prices for other similar wheels, although I haven't seen the same wheels on their site.

Regards
Paul

loupus666
27th November 2006, 17:44
£40 each! (including vat?) That is cheap!!!!! shame it`s Cumbria as I wouldn`t mind one as a spare!

Tim
27th November 2006, 19:59
Sorry they only have the two. I had thought about them for my 75, but I would also need 2 / 3 more + tyres, and I'm not sure they would look right either. Would really like to replace my standard Connie wheels as I really don't like the Crowns it came with.

They were looking for £40 each, which seemed pretty good compared with X-Part prices for other similar wheels, although I haven't seen the same wheels on their site.

Regards
Paul

What you telling me they don't look right!

http://gallery.xpowerforums.com/data/548/medium/2006_1026R750046.JPG

They've got a new set (five) of M3's on. That said I would swop for a like wise set of Apex Keith as I do like them.

PaulG
27th November 2006, 20:11

OK, you got me on that one..... just couldn't visualise it. They do look good with Royal Blue don't they.... same colour as mine, perhaps I should get them myself then. Could introduce some 'interesting handling effects though only fitting a pair:eek:
How horrendous are 18" tyre prices then?

Regards
Paul

Tim
27th November 2006, 20:15
OK, you got me on that one..... just couldn't visualise it. They do look good with Royal Blue don't they.... same colour as mine, perhaps I should get them myself then. Could introduce some 'interesting handling effects though only fitting a pair:eek:
How horrendous are 18" tyre prices then?

Regards
Paul

I paid £137 each which is not that bad. Put the Rover badge on which made them look the part.

http://gallery.xpowerforums.com/data/548/medium/2006_1026R750039.JPG

PaulG
27th November 2006, 20:31
Thanks Tim,
The Rover badge does finish them off OK. The first two wheels would obviously be the cheap bit....two more, plus wheel centres, plus tyres. All starting to add up really, but I guess it would stick to the black stuff like a limpet then. Suppose it would be cheaper than the V8 I keep trying to convince my wife I should buy though.

Keith
27th November 2006, 20:43

They've got a new set (five) of M3's on. That said I would swop for a like wise set of Apex Keith as I do like them.

You wouldn't want mine they all have scuffs or have been kerbed to a degree

And I still haven't got all the Brake dust off yet! It has taken two bottles of wonder wheels so far :)

Tim
27th November 2006, 20:45
You wouldn't want mine they all have scuffs or have been kerbed to a degree

And I still haven't got all the Brake dust off yet! It has taken two bottles of wonder wheels so far :)

OOOOhh!!

I've just had to go and have a bath! Stop talking dirty, you've convinced me!!!