PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Tree meet Sunday June 3rd

rich17865
7th May 2012, 08:53
Is that the right date?

If it is count me in.

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way

siby
7th May 2012, 09:03
i should be thare to

vindaloo
12th May 2012, 20:54
Hopefully should be there but not back from holiday until very late on the 2nd.

Godfer
12th May 2012, 21:01
I aim to be there...and not just the car park this time James! ;-)

J1MBO
21st May 2012, 20:43
I should be able to make this one, note made in diary :D

bobgrice
29th May 2012, 19:45
is this still on?

J1MBO
29th May 2012, 21:49
As far I know it still is, I'll be going.....

James.uk
30th May 2012, 00:55
I will be there in case my mate Jimbo wants some wheels to play with... heh heh...:D:D:D

J1MBO
30th May 2012, 05:53
I will be there in case my mate Jimbo wants some wheels to play with... heh heh...:D:D:D

Nah not going to happen matey, the only thing I'll be using is a camera.

30th May 2012, 05:57
Are you lot only picking dates that you know I can't get to?:cry: Have you heard about me already?
I want to get the fan resistor sorted but you seem to have access to my diary and know when I'm busy.

J1MBO
30th May 2012, 09:39
Are you lot only picking dates that you know I can't get to?:cry: Have you heard about me already?
I want to get the fan resistor sorted but you seem to have access to my diary and know when I'm busy.

Sorry to hear that Gary.

I started a thread regarding the possibility of moving one of the two monthly meets as they are currently 5 days apart - not heard anything as of yet from our RS Paul about it though.

Might be an idea to pm Rich the op of this thread as he's a wizz with a spanner.

James.uk
30th May 2012, 13:08
WaHHHHH.... Can't make this now.. Friends are coming up for the weekend and need my car as a Taxi.. :o They want to look round Manchester? :confused: . :shrug:

J1MBO
30th May 2012, 13:42
And I'll have to cancel as well, got an interested party coming to have a look at the V8.

Sorry

Godfer
30th May 2012, 14:23
Is this going to happen guys?

rich17865
31st May 2012, 09:05
Is this going to happen guys?

I am tentative now as my 75 is off the road with terminal crank pulley failure. Part is on back order and there is a small possibility that it won't arrive in time on Friday, which leaves me off the road until Wednesday next week!

Godfer
31st May 2012, 18:52
I am tentative now as my 75 is off the road with terminal crank pulley failure. Part is on back order and there is a small possibility that it won't arrive in time on Friday, which leaves me off the road until Wednesday next week!

Guys,

I think this needs a decision. Given the numbers who cannot make it, I suggest it be postponed for another date. Perhaps the following Sunday, 10th June?

rich17865
31st May 2012, 21:33
Guys,

I think this needs a decision. Given the numbers who cannot make it, I suggest it be postponed for another date. Perhaps the following Sunday, 10th June?

My car is back on the road so i am good for this Sunday, but i am on holiday on the 10th:shrug:

rich17865
31st May 2012, 21:34
How about a who's in for this Sunday

J1MBO
31st May 2012, 21:54
How about a who's in for this Sunday

As I've said Rich, can't now make it as a guy's coming up from Brighton to have a look at the V8. Pity as I wanted to be able to have that chat with you about your paint problem.

I'll catch you next time.

Cheers
Jim

rich17865
1st June 2012, 17:16
Will have to catch up next time Jim!

Is anybody going on Sunday??

Anybody? :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Godfer
1st June 2012, 17:19
I'll be there...to see (and not hear) your new crank pulley! ;)

1pm?

vindaloo
1st June 2012, 18:27
I should be there, back from holiday Sat night

rich17865
1st June 2012, 19:07
WOOHOO!!!! :D

Today I have been the victim of bank fraud!!! :D :D :D :D

All of my accounts have been suspended, and I am not allowed to access the pittance left after the thieving scum have cleaned me out!

Certainly means you can count me out for Sunday as there is no money for food, drinks, or more importantly diesel to get there. What a great start to a BANK HOLIDAY weekend. That's right the banks don't care about this until Wednesday next week

In case you didn't guess I AM FUMING, but managed not to get any part of this post starred out!

********!

vindaloo
1st June 2012, 19:59
Really sorry to hear about this Rich, it seems it is likely there maybe only Sid & me there, should we postpone until the 10th?

rich17865
1st June 2012, 22:18
Really sorry to hear about this Rich, it seems it is likely there maybe only Sid & me there, should we postpone until the 10th?

I will be on holiday i am afraid

DennisA
1st June 2012, 22:38
Sorry once again everyone!

I can't make it this time as I will be in S.Wales visiting No 1 daughter for the extended bank holiday.

Enjoy yourselves
Dennis

Godfer
2nd June 2012, 05:26

I think a postponement is the order of the day. As to a new date...I await information.

J1MBO
2nd June 2012, 08:51
Sorry to hear of what's occurred Rich, hope you still manage to have a good holiday :).

What does everybody think to putting it back to the 24th as Rich would be on holiday on the 10th and the Harewood House meet is on the 17th - seem to remember that Jim's down for this and I would be going if I've still got the V8.

vindaloo
2nd June 2012, 09:42

What does everybody think to putting it back to the 24th as Rich would be on holiday on the 10th and the Harewood House meet is on the 17th - seem to remember that Jim's down for this and I would be going if I've still got the V8.

That's OK with me as I'm not back in the UK until midnight tonight, so tomorrow will be a bit of a rush.
Jim, you are welcome to come to Harewood with me if your car goes

J1MBO
2nd June 2012, 09:54
That's OK with me as I'm not back in the UK until midnight tonight, so tomorrow will be a bit of a rush.
Jim, you are welcome to come to Harewood with me if your car goes

Thats a very kind offer Jim, I'll see how it pans out tomorrow and I may take you up on it.

rich17865
2nd June 2012, 11:45
I am good with the 24th, nothing in the diary yet.

Scouse1958
2nd June 2012, 11:45
Hi Guys

i have a bit of trouble with car insurance so i have no way of getting
there if anyone is in my area going past send me a message.

Paul

James.uk
2nd June 2012, 17:48
If you move the dates about too much, it will make it too close to the next monthly meeting.... :shrug:

J1MBO
2nd June 2012, 20:21
If you move the dates about too much, it will make it too close to the next monthly meeting.... :shrug:

True James but it's best to get a date when there's going to be more than a couple of members there :shrug:

rich17865
2nd June 2012, 21:42
True James but it's best to get a date when there's going to be more than a couple of members there :shrug:

:smilie_re:
:iagree:

vindaloo
2nd June 2012, 22:35
Just got back from holiday & caught up with latest messages, seems this is now postponed awaiting a new date.
Suits me as I'm tired anyway.

andyg2011
3rd June 2012, 10:43
Boys. Ive not been on much as work had me doing mad hours and am very sorry to see a meet not happening. Please can we have some leadership and make dates and stick to them. All the dates.days. And they seem to be crossing over. Pick a date stick to it and lets go and enjoy are cars. We the north west always seem to lack with the leadership we need. WE all seem to help out and want to join in but i belive this gets messy. Maybe 1 mth have a meet on sunday then the next meet on a wensday that way we are 8 weeks in front AND WE ALL KNOW WHEN.WHERE.WHO.TIME. Am sad to be reading this thread again the north west members loseing out.

vindaloo
3rd June 2012, 11:18
To be fair we do have a date it's the 1st Sunday of the month and all had good intentions to stick to it this month, but we all have lives & families outside of the club and other unavoidable factors have conspired against members making it on this occasion. We are also entering the holiday period and it is likely that some will not make it next time as well.

andyg2011
3rd June 2012, 11:28
To be fair we do have a date it's the 1st Sunday of the month and all had good intentions to stick to it this month, but we all have lives & families outside of the club and other unavoidable factors have conspired against members making it on this occasion. We are also entering the holiday period and it is likely that some will not make it next time as well.

I understand that Jim I really do,
I just mean in gen matey are dates seem to be all over the place at the mo

I also could not make it today as the better half is working a bank shift (24hours)

if we stick to the dates that are in the book then we have a mthy meet every 2 weeks on a sunday then a wensday

very confusing me thinks :shrug:

vindaloo
3rd June 2012, 11:38
Understand where you are coming from Andy.

As some people prefer Sunday and others Wednesday, my suggestion to accommodate both is a meet on the first Sunday and a meet on the second or third Wednesday and stick to it, if you can make one, both or neither then so be iit.

andyg2011
3rd June 2012, 11:41

As some people prefer Sunday and others Wednesday, my suggestion to accommodate both is a meet on the first Sunday and a meet on the second or third Wednesday and stick to it, if you can make one, both or neither then so be iit.

ill be there at both jim :bowdown::bowdown::D

vindaloo
3rd June 2012, 11:50
We need Paul to firm up future dates and then these should not be moved.

andyg2011
3rd June 2012, 11:53

I AGREE JIM :D:cool:

J1MBO
3rd June 2012, 12:29

I started a thread on this Jim as I thought it was rather daft have two meets a month only 5 days apart. The thoughts, from only 3 members that actually posted, was as you have suggested - 1st Sunday and 3rd wednesday - problem is that Paul never commented on the thread :shrug:

Totally agree:smilie_re:

vindaloo
3rd June 2012, 13:08

Well, you've not got the V8 anymore and I'm away on holiday (again) on the 24th.

vindaloo
3rd June 2012, 13:10
I started a thread on this Jim as I thought it was rather daft have two meets a month only 5 days apart. The thoughts, from only 3 members that actually posted, was as you have suggested - 1st Sunday and 3rd wednesday - problem is that Paul never commented on the thread :shrug:

Apologies Jim, I must have missed that thread.

James.uk
3rd June 2012, 13:11
Maybe the venue isn't too popular? Anyone know of a local ish country park, or any good places for families to go on a Sunday afternoon? :shrug:

I don't drink, so a 30 mile drive to a pub isn't, on it's own, something I would normally enjoy... :cool:

Personally I go to Etherow Country park almost every afternoon, but it gets too busy for a club meet... And the car park is only small ish.. :o

vindaloo
3rd June 2012, 13:41
Personally I don't think it's the venue, it's a nice place with an ideal size rear/ side car park that is just the right size for the numbers we expect and in case of rain there is immediate shelter & I for one wouldn't want to be stuck in a country park on a day like today. it is also very conveniently situated a the junction of 2 major motorways.

J1MBO
3rd June 2012, 13:48
Well, you've not got the V8 anymore and I'm away on holiday (again) on the 24th.

True the V8's gone now - bother about the 24th though, you do get about don't you :bowdown:

Have to put our thinking heads on or should we not bother until the 1st Sunday in July.

J1MBO
3rd June 2012, 13:53
Maybe the venue isn't too popular? Anyone know of a local ish country park, or any good places for families to go on a Sunday afternoon? :shrug:

I don't drink, so a 30 mile drive to a pub isn't, on it's own, something I would normally enjoy... :cool:

Personally I go to Etherow Country park almost every afternoon, but it gets too busy for a club meet... And the car park is only small ish.. :o

Personally I don't think it's the venue, it's a nice place with an ideal size rear/ side car park that is just the right size for the numbers we expect and in case of rain there is immediate shelter & I for one wouldn't want to be stuck in a country park on a day like today. it is also very conveniently situated a the junction of 2 major motorways.

Tend to agree with Jim on this James, don't think there's anything wrong with the current venue - however the catchment area does limit it to members from the Greater Manchester, Liverpool and Cheshire area's. It has been mooted in the past for the venue to move around the NW area to try and attract a greater number of members in the NW.

James.uk
3rd June 2012, 14:03
You start movin it about Jimbo and I might not be able to find it again! :p: :D:D:D

My mum used to move house while I was at school, and that was a pain as well.... :(.... lol...

J1MBO
3rd June 2012, 14:13
You start movin it about Jimbo and I might not be able to find it again! :p: :D:D:D

I'm not going to move it James, not my provocative, just said it had been mooted in the past

My mum used to move house while I was at school, and that was a pain as well.... :(.... lol...

I wonder why..........;):getmecoat:

vindaloo
3rd June 2012, 14:24

Nice one, James:rofl::rofl:

vindaloo
3rd June 2012, 14:27
True the V8's gone now - bother about the 24th though, you do get about don't you :bowdown:

I try Jim........:getmecoat:

rich17865
4th June 2012, 06:58
Nothing wrong with the venue, swmbo says so. :D

1st Sunday and 3rd Wednesday seems sensible.

The meet on Sunday was put off as so many could not make it and so few could. This is accommodating the members and I personally feel that is the right thing to do. After all, if we all work together to make it good for the majority, the majority will be happy. There is no point demanding that we strictly regiment to the dates as that is not always possible, the forum is here so we can all speak to each other and collectively decide what to do.

If you choose not to follow the forum you miss out on this information, if you do not contribute, you miss out also.

We all need to remember this meet is for fun, I don't feel that there is any need to fix what isn't broken.

You can't please 100% of people 100% of the time.

J1MBO
4th June 2012, 08:47
Agree with your comments Rich and we came to the same conclusion regarding the meets in the thread I started.

Just require Paul to comment so we can take the decision.

vindaloo
4th June 2012, 19:47
:wot::wot::wot:

Frank Incensed
4th June 2012, 21:10

Have to put our thinking heads on or should we not bother until the 1st Sunday in July.

I'll try to make it, no matter what date is chosen. But I don't yet know when Mrs Incensed will be working.
Whatever the date though Jim, If I can attend I'd be happy to drive you to drink, (or you can drive there and I'll drive you home - if you're willing to travel in a diesel, that is:D).

I think it's a good venue, but maybe we should try to find a couple of additional places, one further north and another further south, in the hope of encouraging others to come along?:shrug:

Robert

rich17865
4th June 2012, 22:07
I'll try to make it, no matter what date is chosen. But I don't yet know when Mrs Incensed will be working.
Whatever the date though Jim, If I can attend I'd be happy to drive you to drink, (or you can drive there and I'll drive you home - if you're willing to travel in a diesel, that is:D).

I think it's a good venue, but maybe we should try to find a couple of additional places, one further north and another further south, in the hope of encouraging others to come along?:shrug:

Robert

Further north is Cumbria and North Lancs area, and further south is Midland territory, I think the Hollow Tree is ideally located.