PDA

View Full Version : Gauging Interest For a New Meet

Petetourer
14th May 2012, 23:26
Hi All...

Thought I would run this past you guys to see what feedback I get... Based on the feedback I will then make a choice as to whether to contact the location or not :shrug:

Before Jake sadly moved on he sent me a link to this place as a location to potentially hold a meet...

SO, take a look at the following link and let me know if it is of interest to you guys and if you would attend a meet there or not :shrug:

:smilie_re: http://www.dehavillandmuseum.co.uk/index.html

Looks like entry is £6.60... But I would get more info when and if I get in contact with an idea of numbers...

So let me know what ya think ?

I shall be starting another thread on another potential location as well, so please take a look there too.... ;)

Pete

Trophy Blue Tourer
15th May 2012, 11:39
I like that one too!:D

sure we could get a reduction!! - after we would be an additional attraction!!:D

Andy

stevesav
15th May 2012, 12:49
I like this one as well Pete, probably a bit more than the other one:}.

Woof25
15th May 2012, 13:26
Hi Steve well I have actaully been there !! some interesting aircraft and they do have reasonable green area which I think we might be able to use for our cars they were very helpful and allowed me and my friend a pound off as 'elders' though he wasnt on a nice day its a excellent site and it it rains there are hangers and aircraft we could shelter in !!! LOL they might do a deal on entry fee if we had sufficent members going I suspect

Mike

Petetourer
15th May 2012, 13:33
Ok Guy's.

I will make some calls on this one as well.... I would imagine we could get a discount, but would probably need numbers to get it...

Steve916
15th May 2012, 14:54
Like the look of this Pete:}

Petetourer
15th May 2012, 15:00
Well I have been in touch with this and the other location and they are looking into it...

So lets see what comes back.... :shrug:

Pete

Loving copy and paste.... :getmecoat::getmecoat:

Colin David Day
16th May 2012, 19:06
Sounds alright to me, may have been there in the 80's.

rover54
17th May 2012, 20:42
I have consider doing this one this summer, so I would be interested. As a non tax payer it looks like it will be £6.00

mikeart
19th May 2012, 18:14
I would be interested as well, for my first meet sounds good, what happens next ? :cool:

Woof25
19th May 2012, 18:21
Well if we get good numbers interested hopeffully we would get discount and our leader ould tell us when it is lol. I am thinking of asking the ACE cafe in north london if they would host us at they are the famed cafre and clubs of the ton up boys in the late 1950's when there were no speed limits lol, it still looks much the same and when I was there last sunday around 6o bikes there for a BMW day but they do have car days too if if anyone is interested I be happy to look into and then hand over to the experts to set it up, they do have a website I believe so look them up

Mike

Petetourer
19th May 2012, 23:21
I would be interested as well, for my first meet sounds good, what happens next ? :cool:

Well, I am still waiting for these people to come back to me.... I have had no further contact from them :shrug:

I will try and chase them up next week, but feel free to attend the Chinnor Railway meet as they have confirmed that they can accomadate us... :D

Petetourer
19th May 2012, 23:25
Well if we get good numbers interested hopeffully we would get discount and our leader ould tell us when it is lol. I am thinking of asking the ACE cafe in north london if they would host us at they are the famed cafre and clubs of the ton up boys in the late 1950's when there were no speed limits lol, it still looks much the same and when I was there last sunday around 6o bikes there for a BMW day but they do have car days too if if anyone is interested I be happy to look into and then hand over to the experts to set it up, they do have a website I believe so look them up

Mike

Ace Cafe would be good for me mate and I have thought of it as it's Pretty close to me. This would however fall into Stevemac's region and not ours.... I attend the Ace Cafe a lot on my bike on Friday Nights and its good fun!! :D

Maybe post this up in the London and South Area :shrug:

Woof25
20th May 2012, 08:08
Sorry getting my regions mixed up! I checked their programme online and it seems pretty full for rest of the year, so maybe have to put it on back burner, but I will check as its a shame rovers and MG;s not represented there

mikeart
21st May 2012, 10:04
Oh well, thanks for trying, now off to find another for my first meet, any one know of anything in the Kent area? yes I will look in the meets section, just thought I would ask.:shrug:

FLYING BANANA
21st May 2012, 10:26
Been to the DH museum a few times. very interesting as they have a protype Mosquito in BRIGHT Yellow. The Banana would look good next to it. Blend in I suppose. Put me down for meet. But it will depend on the date.
The ZR club had a big meet at Ace cafe last August Bank Holiday. 60+ cars.

Woof25
21st May 2012, 11:39
Hi Bob missed you at the halfway house meeting but had some interesting cars on view as well as our own !! I think DH be a good venue if weather is good as it was on day I went in fact top of my head got sunburnt !! which was not much fun(memo to self remember hat on sunny days )

So A 75 ZT day is possible at the Ace Cafe then I must ring and see what they say be lot more local for me lol

Hope to see you at next halfway meeting so we can discuss how we got our magnificent figures !!!

Mike

m plumb
21st May 2012, 18:12
yes mate, i am interested in a meet, never been to one before, looks like a good venue. nice one.

Woof25
21st May 2012, 18:41
Well mark you will find many friendly people at our meetings and helpful too, I have learnt more about my car than I ever expected to !! if you can get to the halway house meets they are on 3rd sunday of the month and start around 12 o clock the postcode is CM13 3LL a great group hope to see you there one day

Steve916
21st May 2012, 18:47
Oh well, thanks for trying, now off to find another for my first meet, any one know of anything in the Kent area? yes I will look in the meets section, just thought I would ask.:shrug:

Have a drive over to MK on 10th June mate:}
I know it's a trek but you won't be the only newbie;)

Petetourer
21st May 2012, 22:34
:iagree::wot:

Pop over to MK and say hi!!! We can get you onto the T4 as well..... ;)