PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Hanging. Help.

DoDo
4th November 2007, 13:12
Typical, John has just gone out without his Phone, and I came on to use my laptop and I have a problem, can anyone advise as it sure to be my Fault.
It is running Windows XP Home. Everything works fine except the Internet and Internet page keeps staying jammed then frees its self after a long wait.
It is not connected to the House Server but by a Cable to the Router modem thingey.
The Lan light on Laptop screen justs sticks on a steady green and a load of activity is happening on Bytes sent and received although no one is connected to our System, Wireless is off, only 5% usage in System Properties by CPU.
Laptop is completely up to date, No Viruses, Spy-ware or anything else on the Scans.
This is now locking up complete computer allowing nothing at all to open, have tried closing down and re starting to no effect although as you can tell it clears every now and again before becoming busy again.
Any advice would be very helpful to sort before his return.

A warning to you all he is in a furious foul mood and is likely to kill anyone that upsets him. He went out to the car, first time today, and there was large remains of a rocket on bonnet from firework night that has dented it and scorched the paint surface, to say he was going nuts is putting it mildly.

Thanks for your assistance, I think I am going to hide when he comes back if this still isn't working, sure it is nothing I have down.

Zeb
4th November 2007, 13:25
Oh dear! Hope he can get it sorted with polish!

As to the laptop, try pressing down control, alt, delete together, to see what is running in task manager. You might find something untoward is hogging all your resources.

DoDo
4th November 2007, 13:31
Thanks Zeb i have tried that it says 40 processes running but 95% resources are being used by system idle process. cpu usage at between 0% to 5%, of my knowledge everything appears to be running as it should except the lan area connection light rather than flashing or being off is on all the time.

JohnDotCom
4th November 2007, 16:04
Another job to do, can't leave her for 10 Minutes!

Ken
4th November 2007, 16:08
Another job to do, can't leave her for 10 Minutes!

I tried leaving my wife once, trouble is when I got hungry and went home she had moved :(

ragitty
4th November 2007, 17:03
Hmmmmmmmmm wonder if JDC looks like Victor Meldrew:D