PDA

View Full Version : Chinnor Railway Meet August 12th ****Cancelled****

Petetourer
16th May 2012, 08:19
Hi All...

Well I have been on the phone to the Customer Services Manager at Chinnor Rail and have provissionally set a date for the 12th August.

See here for details of the location... http://www.chinnorrailway.co.uk/

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

I would suggest that the meet would start around 11-12:00 and there would be a train ride booked in for 15:00... This would take around an hour so we would be back by 16:00 ready for a final look around and then leave whenever you like... :shrug:

Prices look to be £7.60 for an adult and £4.00 for kids, I can be more certain on the price when I have some definite numbers ;)

There is also an option to have a cream tea whilst taking the ride on the train and this will cost an additional £5.00. I would need to know this before booking SO PLEASE ADD IF YOU WANT TO HAVE THE CREAM TEAS ON BOARD>>>

So what I need from you guys is some definite numbers... So if you can add your name to the list if you could make it then it would be great... I would need to get back to the guy as quickly as possible really as they seem to be getting pretty booked up...

They will arrange for us to have allocated parking, so that all cars can be parked together... :D

So please let me know ASAP whether you can attend...

Many Thanks,

Pete

Attendees

1) Petetourer + Cream Tea
2) Stevesav + Cream Tea
3) Colin David Day + Cream Tea
4) Pob06 + Cream Tea
5) Rover54 + Cream Tea
6) julienhoulton + 1 + Cream Teas
7) Starbug2 + Cream Tea
8) greendriver + 1 + Cream Teas

stevesav
16th May 2012, 10:42
Put me down for this one please Pete, cream tea as well mmm:)

Petetourer
16th May 2012, 15:19
Put me down for this one please Pete, cream tea as well mmm:)

You Have Been Added.... ;)

Colin David Day
16th May 2012, 18:04
Put me down for this one Pete, my cars a familier site in Chinnor and it would be nice to swamp Chinnor with R75's MGZT's as a certain few extract the Michrael out of mine.

Many thanks,

Col.

They used this railway in Midsomer don't you know.

Petetourer
16th May 2012, 18:30
Put me down for this one Pete, my cars a familier site in Chinnor and it would be nice to swamp Chinnor with R75's MGZT's as a certain few extract the Michrael out of mine.

Many thanks,

Col.

They used this railway in Midsomer don't you know.

I will add you down Colin.... Are you having Cream Tea? I have a guy that I know that works here so he is trying to help me out... Had spotted that it was used in Midsomer Murders...

Would be Good if a certain Rabbet Rover could bring Barnaby's old 75 Back home!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Colin David Day
16th May 2012, 18:40
Yeah go on then i'll have a cream tea thanks mate.

Petetourer
16th May 2012, 18:40
Yeah go on then i'll have a cream tea thanks mate.

Cheers Mate..... ;) Adding you now.....

FLYING BANANA
17th May 2012, 18:20
Sorry but not able to make this meet. Be on holiday.

rover54
17th May 2012, 18:54
I would be interest in coming if I will be welcome, it will be nice to meet local culb members, and put faces to names. I have never attending a meeting before so don't know what to expect.

Will there be much walking involved, I have mobility issues and use a mobility scooter for anything other than very short walks. Probably bring it with me as I can tow it behind my car. I will have the full works, do you need the money up front or on the day?

Petetourer
18th May 2012, 00:31
I would be interest in coming if I will be welcome, it will be nice to meet local culb members, and put faces to names. I have never attending a meeting before so don't know what to expect.

Will there be much walking involved, I have mobility issues and use a mobility scooter for anything other than very short walks. Probably bring it with me as I can tow it behind my car. I will have the full works, do you need the money up front or on the day?

You would be made most welcome, so no need to worry about that :D

I do not beleive that a lot of walking would be essential, but may be an idea to bring the scooter if you wanted to have a look around the whole place:shrug:

Money I belive would be all ok on the day... So just give me a shout to confirm you are attending and I will add you to the growing list...

Cheers, Pete

Rev Jules
18th May 2012, 08:11
You would be made most welcome, so no need to worry about that :D

I do not beleive that a lot of walking would be essential, but may be an idea to bring the scooter if you wanted to have a look around the whole place:shrug:

Money I belive would be all ok on the day... So just give me a shout to confirm you are attending and I will add you to the growing list...

Cheers, Pete

Hi I think we met at the Frog And Wicket last time out would love to come to this one.

Julien ( Rover75 Diesel Connie)

starbug2
18th May 2012, 08:43
i think i said maybe on the other side , likely have cream tea as well :drool4:

Petetourer
18th May 2012, 09:03
Hi I think we met at the Frog And Wicket last time out would love to come to this one.

Julien ( Rover75 Diesel Connie)

Indeed we did meet.... ;)

I will add you to the list... I will put you down for cream tea as well, if this is wrong then please let me know.... :shrug:

Pete

Petetourer
18th May 2012, 09:03
i think i said maybe on the other side , likely have cream tea as well :drool4:

Cheers Mate.... I have seen your post on the other side... :D

Will add you to the list now....

Pete

greendriver
18th May 2012, 09:29
Can you put me and my partner down for this, please, including the cream T?

Rev Jules
18th May 2012, 09:56
Indeed we did meet.... ;)

I will add you to the list... I will put you down for cream tea as well, if this is wrong then please let me know.... :shrug:

Pete

Many thanks, no problem with the cream tea, it will be two teas looking forward to it

Julien

Petetourer
18th May 2012, 10:37
Many thanks, no problem with the cream tea, it will be two teas looking forward to it

Julien

I take it your bringing your partner then mate ? I will add a + 1 so I can keep track of numbers....

Petetourer
18th May 2012, 10:39
Can you put me and my partner down for this, please, including the cream T?

Ok mate... Consider yourselves added!! :D

Petetourer
27th May 2012, 23:31
Any More for anymore on this one ?

I need to confirm this with the venue and at the current numbers may not be enough to get the booking :(

So please if you fancy coming then please pop your name down... :D

Rev Jules
10th June 2012, 11:47
Any More for anymore on this one ?

I need to confirm this with the venue and at the current numbers may not be enough to get the booking :(

So please if you fancy coming then please pop your name down... :D

Hi Pete .
How are the numbers coming along are you still getting interest.

Come on fellas!! put your name down for a day out .

Julien

Petetourer
10th June 2012, 22:50
Hi Pete .
How are the numbers coming along are you still getting interest.

Come on fellas!! put your name down for a day out .

Julien

Unfortuantley mate, I think this meet will not happen... I have delayed getting back in touch with Chinnor Railway in the hope that some more people would add names :shrug:

I really need to get 20 people confirmed for this... That way we would have been given our own parking area and our own carriage on the train. There may be a small chance of it going ahead, but it is possible that they have re allocated our booking as I have not been back to them to confirm numbers...

I will try and find another location for a meet as this one seems to have not floated many people boats :shrug: Surprised really considering the Rover 75 link as it was a location for Mid Somer Murders :cool:

If I get a sudden influx of people interested in this meet, then I will do my best to ressurect it somehow, but if none is shown by the end of the week (15th July) the I will have to leave it... As said above it could be out of my hands already!! :(

pricey
12th June 2012, 21:25
Hi Pete
I'm in for the works if its on.
Paul

Petetourer
14th June 2012, 10:49
Right, It's a shame but I have had to make the call that this one is not going to happen...

It seems the numbers are not there :shrug:

If sufficiant interest is shown in a future meet here I will go back and see what I can do... If not then I will try and find somewhere else...

Sorry to all that have added there name to the list, but its out of my hands... :(

Pete

Rev Jules
14th June 2012, 12:41
Right, It's a shame but I have had to make the call that this one is not going to happen...

It seems the numbers are not there :shrug:

If sufficiant interest is shown in a future meet here I will go back and see what I can do... If not then I will try and find somewhere else...

Sorry to all that have added there name to the list, but its out of my hands... :(

Pete

Pete that is a shame looks like a nice place to go for a day out.
all well and good I will still be going.
Pete many thanks for the hard work you do on behalf of all of us

Regards Julien

stevesav
14th June 2012, 13:50
Oh well at least the decision is made now mate, think it was on the cards due to the numbers:( shame but i am sure you will sort out another one:).

greendriver
14th June 2012, 14:40
Thanks for trying for us. Look forward to any more suggestions

starbug2
14th June 2012, 17:46
another time maybe

Petetourer
14th June 2012, 17:59
another time maybe

Alright mate...

Did you see my post in the Was it you section ?

Was it you :shrug: :D

Petetourer
14th June 2012, 18:01
Pete that is a shame looks like a nice place to go for a day out.
all well and good I will still be going.
Pete many thanks for the hard work you do on behalf of all of us

Regards Julien

Thanks Julien....

Hopefully the next idea will get a more positive response :shrug:

Hope you have a good one if you go, you could always PM me when you are and I could join you for a cuppa!! :D

Oh well at least the decision is made now mate, think it was on the cards due to the numbers:( shame but i am sure you will sort out another one:).

Indeed I will mate... We will get something sorted....

Thanks for trying for us. Look forward to any more suggestions

No worries... Keep an eye out... ;)

another time maybe

Maybe.... We shall see..... :shrug:

starbug2
14th June 2012, 18:03
Alright mate...

Did you see my post in the Was it you section ?

Was it you :shrug: :Di have now