PDA

View Full Version : igo8 software for myguide 4228we

Snagger
20th May 2012, 23:12
Evening gents, I have a myguide 4228we sat nav works perfectly well, but like many non mainstream sat nav units cannot update the software maps etc, as the company that manufactured it no longer exists.

I don't believe in just chucking something away because it's the easiest way, and waltz off and buy a different one with updated maps.

So the question is can I buy the igo 8 or any other software anyone of you may suggest seperately to load into my existing machine via the card, or am I going to have a chuck a perfectly functioning machine away which is wasteful, and would annoy the hell out of me.

I've had a couple of days trawling the web, but eveytime I get near a solution the info's so out of date, or uncle sam has closed the web sites ~ links down.:(:(

Any suggestion/ solutions or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Snagger.

testdasi
7th June 2012, 19:27
It depends on what OS your system has and whether it loads SatNav direct from the SD card or hard drive. Of course sd card is easier to change stuff with.

Steve916
7th June 2012, 19:39
Have a read of this:smilie_re:http://gpsunderground.com/forum/igo-general-discussions/7287-running-any-igo-myguide-4228-we.html

It appears your system runs windows ce so you should be able to run different software.

Snagger
12th June 2012, 22:23
Thanks for the replies gents,after much research issue now resolved. ;)

Snagger.