PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Tree - monthly meets.........

J1MBO
23rd May 2012, 09:45
I know it's been mentioned several times before but can we finally decide when the meets are going to be held.

At the moment we've got two camps - the first Wednesday at 2000hrs and the first Sunday at 1300hrs.

I went to the Wednesday one this month but only Ken turned up and that unfortunately was after I'd left, I also attended the meet the following Sunday.

To my way of thinking it's rather daft to have two meets scheduled within 5 days of each other.

So what I suggest is moving one to the third week of the month so there'd be at least a fortnight between possible meets - probably agreeable to both camps.

What does everybody else think or am I flogging a dead horse.........

andyg2011
23rd May 2012, 11:01
I agree jim.

Frank Incensed
23rd May 2012, 12:23
[QUOTE=J1MBO;1010655]
So what I suggest is moving one to the third week of the month so there'd be at least a fortnight between possible meets QUOTE]

:iagree:
Spot on Jim, IMO.

FLYING BANANA
24th May 2012, 08:39
Why not alternate the meets. First month Wednesday, second month Sunday, third month Wednesday and so on. Just an idea.

J1MBO
24th May 2012, 13:59
I agree jim.

[QUOTE=J1MBO;1010655]
So what I suggest is moving one to the third week of the month so there'd be at least a fortnight between possible meets QUOTE]

:iagree:
Spot on Jim, IMO.

Cheers Andy & Robert - just got to see if we get any more of the "usual suspects" to give their opinion.

Why not alternate the meets. First month Wednesday, second month Sunday, third month Wednesday and so on. Just an idea.

Good idea Bob but us poor northerners have problems managing all to arrive on the same day - alternating would confuse many :D:getmecoat:

andyg2011
24th May 2012, 14:50
[QUOTE=Frank Incensed;1010724]

Cheers Andy & Robert - just got to see if we get any more of the "usual suspects" to give their opinion.

Good idea Bob but us poor northerners have problems managing all to arrive on the same day - alternating would confuse many :D:getmecoat:

am confused already :getmecoat::D

Frank Incensed
24th May 2012, 19:46
At the moment we've got two camps - the first Wednesday at 2000hrs and the first Sunday at 1300hrs..........So what I suggest is moving one to the third week of the month so there'd be at least a fortnight between possible meets - probably agreeable to both camps..........

"So which way round are we doing it?":D

So Andy doesn't get even more confused:D, shall we leave the daytime meeting where it is -on the first Sunday - and have the evening meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of each month?

J1MBO
24th May 2012, 20:10
"So which way round are we doing it?":D

So Andy doesn't get even more confused:D, shall we leave the daytime meeting where it is -on the first Sunday - and have the evening meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of each month?

Sounds good to me Robert, depends what others that attend on Wednesdays think.

J1MBO
25th May 2012, 09:23
Sounds good to me Robert, depends what others that attend on Wednesdays think.

Following on from this I've pm'd Paul to see what he thinks.