PDA

View Full Version : Motormania Classic Car Show in Grantown on Spey

Graham1961
26th May 2012, 16:36
Hi All.....There is a classic car show in Grantown on Spey on Sunday 2nd September called Motormania, it's held in the town square and normally has a varied selection of old cars......now can i gauge any interest in a trip up for that weekend.....Thanks. :)

FLYER
26th May 2012, 17:12
you can gauge mrs flyer and me :D

Graham1961
26th May 2012, 17:17
you can gauge mrs flyer and me :D

Excellent.......Garden Park Guest house do ?????

FLYER
26th May 2012, 17:22
Excellent.......Garden Park Guest house do ?????most certainly kind sir :D

Graham1961
26th May 2012, 17:48
most certainly kind sir :D

Will i book for you....??

If so.....how many nights ??

FLYER
26th May 2012, 18:04
Will i book for you....??

If so.....how many nights ??What do you think to friday and saturday nights :shrug:

Graham1961
26th May 2012, 18:09
What do you think to friday and saturday nights :shrug:

Sounds good to me......I might stay another couple of nights if i can get holidays..........I will book us all in..;)

FLYER
26th May 2012, 18:12
Sounds good to me......I might stay another couple of nights if i can get holidays..........I will book us all in..;)

Excellent G :D

3stripes
28th May 2012, 20:11
sounds like it could be a good weekend, especially if we get this weather lol i,d be interested but not sure my shifts for then yet

Graham1961
28th May 2012, 23:35
sounds like it could be a good weekend, especially if we get this weather lol i,d be interested but not sure my shifts for then yet

Put in for hols and come up......it's a great place and a car show as well :drool4:

Brush 1
5th June 2012, 19:00
i,d be interested in this, but due to circumstances u know off cant commit that far ahead yet

Graham1961
30th July 2012, 20:01
Motormania at Grantown on Spey on Sept 2nd/3rd.
Any more takers ????

Tim_Burgess
30th July 2012, 20:15
Unfortunately we can't make this one, enjoy folks

FLYER
30th July 2012, 23:35
Mrs FLYER and myself are booked in for the frid and sat night for this , looking forward to it already :D

Graham1961
31st July 2012, 17:56
Mrs FLYER and myself are booked in for the frid and sat night for this , looking forward to it already :D

I have to say, I can't wait either, chap in the paper shop said to me this morning its a big show, whole street closed off for classic cars/commercials

FLYER
31st July 2012, 21:44
I have to say, I can't wait either, chap in the paper shop said to me this morning its a big show, whole street closed off for classic cars/commercialsoh err , maybe we should book our nosh houses early that being the case :D

Graham1961
13th August 2012, 23:23
oh err , maybe we should book our nosh houses early that being the case :D
Good idea...;)

FLYER
14th August 2012, 07:38
Good idea...;)

still no word from sir tam of shotts , lookslike we 3 again .

suzublu
14th August 2012, 19:32
Ahem ;););););):getmecoat:

Graham1961
14th August 2012, 22:49
still no word from sir tam of shotts , lookslike we 3 again .

Ronnie's coming up for the Fri/Sat night.....:D:D He'll love it up here :drool4:

FLYER
15th August 2012, 09:06
Ahem ;););););):getmecoat:

blimey you kept that quiet .

Have you booked our place ????

Be good to see you again ronnie .

FLYER
15th August 2012, 09:11
Ronnie's coming up for the Fri/Sat night.....:D:D He'll love it up here :drool4:

maybe ronnie would like lunch in a first class compartment on a certain steam train

Graham1961
15th August 2012, 11:09
maybe ronnie would like lunch in a first class compartment on a certain steam train

That's a great idea, oh and Ronnie is staying at Garden park on the Fri/Sat nights, hes going to love it up there.....we will have to book the train for Saturday. :drool4:

suzublu
15th August 2012, 11:52
blimey you kept that quiet .

Have you booked our place ????

Be good to see you again ronnie .
Wasn't going to say anything until you saw me there :D:D Told Graham to keep it quiet ;) Anyway,couldn't hold on any longer :getmecoat::D

FLYER
15th August 2012, 12:47
Wasn't going to say anything until you saw me there :D:D Told Graham to keep it quiet ;) Anyway,couldn't hold on any longer :getmecoat::D

excellent stuff ronnie you sneaky dog you ;)

FLYER
15th August 2012, 12:49
That's a great idea, oh and Ronnie is staying at Garden park on the Fri/Sat nights, hes going to love it up there.....we will have to book the train for Saturday. :drool4:

i will get on it G.

Will let you know when it,s booked.

suzublu
26th August 2012, 18:49
Not long now chaps :drool4: Hope you've sorted the weather :shrug::D

Graham1961
28th August 2012, 18:07
I am heading up tomorrow after work, hope to arrive about 7pm, looking forward to it now...Ronnie I will arrange to meet you on Friday and lead you in, you will love it up here.

FLYER
30th August 2012, 22:01
Thats lunch in a first class compartment booked for the four of us on saturday .:D

ALL ABOARD :drool4:

FLYER
2nd September 2012, 19:32
Excellent weekend , cars galore and a comfy guest house with excellent breakfast as per .
Great time was had by all :D

Had our lunch on the steam train and visited CULLODEN battlefield , did,nt rain all weekend .

Happy days .

Hope ronnie made it home safely in the blingmobile :p:

suzublu
2nd September 2012, 20:47
Excellent weekend , cars galore and a comfy guest house with excellent breakfast as per .
Great time was had by all :D

Had our lunch on the steam train and visited CULLODEN battlefield , did,nt rain all weekend .

Happy days .

Hope ronnie made it home safely in the blingmobile :p:
Coooeee,:p: Got back at 8 o'clock George,lovely drive down in the sun :bowdown::cool:

FLYER
2nd September 2012, 20:51
Coooeee,:p: Got back at 8 o'clock George,lovely drive down in the sun :bowdown::cool:we have just scoffed that lovely joint of beef brisket i got at the farmers market , had it with tatties and gravy :drool4:

melted in the gob :p:

Graham1961
2nd September 2012, 21:06
Glad to hear you all got home safely.
What a fantastic time we had in Grantown on Spey, really enjoyed it.
We had a trip on the Strathspey Steam Railway with lunch on train, then we drove to Culloden and had a walk round the battlefield, very surreal experience, had our dinner in the evening then a couple of shandys at night.....;) lovely.
As you all know i love it up there and i'm certain Mr and Mrs FLYER and Ronnie (Suzublu) are converts now as well........:bowdown:

Im already planning my next trip up there....:D

suzublu
2nd September 2012, 21:06
Not jealous,don't care,not bovvered :p: glad you enjoyed it;):drool4:

FLYER
2nd September 2012, 21:11
Not jealous,don't care,not bovvered :p: glad you enjoyed it;):drool4:i fancy long walks there on a frosty winter day/morning , most likely pop up in november when i,m off for a week :D

Graham1961
2nd September 2012, 21:21
i fancy long walks there on a frosty winter day/morning , most likely pop up in november when i,m off for a week :D
Let me know what week George and i will put in for the same week....if your planning Grantown....:)

suzublu
2nd September 2012, 21:22
i fancy long walks there on a frosty winter day/morning , most likely pop up in november when i,m off for a week :D
I do:bowdown:just don't fancy a 300 mile drive to do it :D:D:D

FLYER
2nd September 2012, 21:24
I do:bowdown:just don't fancy a 300 mile drive to do it :D:D:Doh stop moaning :D you know you enjoyed it ;):D

FLYER
2nd September 2012, 21:26
Let me know what week George and i will put in for the same week....if your planning Grantown....:)it will be the week the cab gets it's 6 monthly inspection work done , dont know the exact week but should do soon :D

it will be the usual friday saturday deal :D

suzublu
2nd September 2012, 21:27
Now,would this be instead of the Lomond meet :shrug::}

FLYER
2nd September 2012, 21:31
Now,would this be instead of the Lomond meet :shrug::}aswell as , annmarie loves the loch meet :D

Graham1961
2nd September 2012, 21:34
it will be the week the cab gets it's 6 monthly inspection work done , dont know the exact week but should do soon :D

it will be the usual friday saturday deal :D

That wil be ok....:D I'm going to have a week trip up there in October probably the middle say 12th till the 21st.

rotrex
3rd September 2012, 00:04
hi gang.
sorry I couldnt make it. tiss great to hear you had nice weather and had a good weekend.
I know I'v said it before :obut I will try make the next time even if just a day trip. :getmecoat: