PDA

View Full Version : fog removal

7t5
28th November 2006, 13:53
how do i remove thr front fog lamps for replacement of broken unit? is it easy to do?
thx

7t5
28th November 2006, 19:27
well looks like im going to have to go by trial and error on this one!! if anyones interested or if you think it be useful i could do a how to as i go along?

Simon
28th November 2006, 19:29
At a guess I'd say you'll have to remove the front bumper. I think the mounts are fixed from the reverse side (ie, from the inside of the bumper).

There's a useful page about removing the front bumper here.... http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=204

Hope this helps! :lol:

Simon
28th November 2006, 19:31
The above is true, of course, unless you can access the underside of the car if it is on a ramp and by removing the undertray from the engine. HOWEVER - I have no idea if this provides sufficient access. If you have a ramp then you might consider looking at this first as removing the front bumper is a big job.

:lol:

Christopher
28th November 2006, 19:41
I'm not sure, but aren't the fogs glued in??

Simon
29th November 2006, 07:17
You should be able to get at them by unbolting the undertray. That ought to give you access to the foglamp mounts.

Ah as I thought. Only just thought of this (obvious) one after hitting the "post reply" button.

Simon
29th November 2006, 16:56
Thanks for the info Simon W (it's gonna get confusing if we have any more Simon's join up! :rofl: )

Luckily for me, I already have fogs installed but the info will certainly be usefull should I need to change a bulb. I know bulbs can be difficult to fit to some cars at the best of time let alone those hidden in the recesses of one's bumper ;) :D

7t5
29th November 2006, 21:21
hi guys

well removal of the fog lights is very easy.
all you need to do is remove the black surrond which just clips in then you will see the three bolt screws and once removed the light just comes out and you disconnect the wires so all in all it only takes 10 minutes:)

7t5
30th November 2006, 13:50
hi
no you dont need to remove the undertray or anything else really,just the black surrond cover and that gives access to the three bolt screws.:)

7t5
30th November 2006, 16:25
thye have a clip on them and you need to prise them of gently with a flat blade on one side once one side is off the trim comes off they can be a little stiff but they will come off