PDA

View Full Version : South Queensferry June 29th

Graham1961
29th May 2012, 23:37
The next Mini Meet at South Queensferry will be Friday 29th June.

All Welcome :) Location at The Hawes Inn from 5.00pm onwards.

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

rotrex
30th May 2012, 23:46
I'll be there, hope for another nice clear night :drool4:

FLYER
31st May 2012, 10:37
will attend around 6 ish as per :D

tricia1470
3rd June 2012, 08:58
can't make this one either due to shift pattern :-(

Brush 1
3rd June 2012, 19:02
i mite just make a rare appearance at this

AldoR
3rd June 2012, 19:08
Me to see how work is near the time:)

FLYER
4th June 2012, 23:32
i mite just make a rare appearance at this

blimey i thought you had emigrated or sumit :D

Brush 1
5th June 2012, 18:54
blimey i thought you had emigrated or sumit :D
nope still here, god knows how with all wats happened :sad::sad:

Yella Fella
11th June 2012, 08:29
I'll try and come along to this also. :)

Alan_G
11th June 2012, 13:30
I cant go its the Bo'ness fair..... Wont be sober either. ;)

Terrorfex
12th June 2012, 22:16
Hmm. I might go along to this one.

Graham1961
13th June 2012, 22:09
Hmm. I might go along to this one.

Excellent.....:)

Yella Fella
23rd June 2012, 10:28
Ill be there next Friday to gauge you opinions on the following . . .

For a couple of years I have been considering putting forward a suggestion of Scotland having its own owners forum.

Scotland has a unique geographical setting which can make us feel a bit distant from national issues (Alex Salmond would agree) at times however this detachment can have its advantages and allow us to operate our own owner’s forum in Scotland.

So, Im suggesting we have a forum for owners in Scotland. This new forum is not in competition to national Rover or MG forums. In fact, members will be encouraged to use the national forums as there is a wealth of information within these forums to benefit owners and friendships etc have been formed over the years by existing national forum members. Indeed, links to the national forums will be provided on the new forum. The Scottish forum is for ‘75 and ZT Owners in Scotland’ and provides the opportunity to have our own complete forum.

I’m suggesting the forum is run in line with the successful MGFreedom group http://mg-freedom.proboards.com/index.cgi where I am a founder member and joint administrator for the forum. It’s a bit difficult to explain how they fit into a national setting but if you think of them as being part of a family tree with the MG Car Club being at the top. i.e.
MG Car Club (National) which has various off shoots named ‘Registers’ i.e. Z Register, MG6 Register etc. MGFreedom belongs to the MGF Register (National forum). MGFreedom do their own thing on the local forum, arrange local meetings, local events etc but still are involved with the national forum (MGF Register) and attend for national events etc.

To run the same ‘model’ as MGFreedom means the new forum will have no hierarchy so no owner, no chairman, no secretary, no treasurer or any form of committee etc. Membership of the group and forum will be free, no subscriptions, no fees, in-fact no money involved in the running of the group and forum. The forum provider I have in mind is totally free to operate. The new forum will only require the time of an administrator/s to maintain the forum. The above model has proven to be very successful for MGFreedom.

I will support the new forum by creating it, (creating the boards, sections etc) by creating the graphics, the banners and administration. If other members wish to be administrators and moderators then I would suggest we have a maximum of three to start.

If the new forum is successful, all good and well :). If it doesn’t work, so be it. :shrug:

So, having said all that, I think we should give this a go :) and create a forum specifically for Scotland. It’s success depends on it’s members using it, feeding it with threads, replying to posts and building a forum which members will want to join and come back to regularly.

“Build it and they will come”.

Look forward to your views either at the meet on Friday or by replying here.

Glenn

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x405/Bullitt160/ZT%20Logos/Button1.jpg?t=1340446791

Graham1961
23rd June 2012, 14:59
Ill be there next Friday to gauge you opinions on the following . . .

For a couple of years I have been considering putting forward a suggestion of Scotland having its own owners forum.

Scotland has a unique geographical setting which can make us feel a bit distant from national issues (Alex Salmond would agree) at times however this detachment can have its advantages and allow us to operate our own owner’s forum in Scotland.

So, Im suggesting we have a forum for owners in Scotland. This new forum is not in competition to national Rover or MG forums. In fact, members will be encouraged to use the national forums as there is a wealth of information within these forums to benefit owners and friendships etc have been formed over the years by existing national forum members. Indeed, links to the national forums will be provided on the new forum. The Scottish forum is for ‘75 and ZT Owners in Scotland’ and provides the opportunity to have our own complete forum.

I’m suggesting the forum is run in line with the successful MGFreedom group http://mg-freedom.proboards.com/index.cgi where I am a founder member and joint administrator for the forum. It’s a bit difficult to explain how they fit into a national setting but if you think of them as being part of a family tree with the MG Car Club being at the top. i.e.
MG Car Club (National) which has various off shoots named ‘Registers’ i.e. Z Register, MG6 Register etc. MGFreedom belongs to the MGF Register (National forum). MGFreedom do their own thing on the local forum, arrange local meetings, local events etc but still are involved with the national forum (MGF Register) and attend for national events etc.

To run the same ‘model’ as MGFreedom means the new forum will have no hierarchy so no owner, no chairman, no secretary, no treasurer or any form of committee etc. Membership of the group and forum will be free, no subscriptions, no fees, in-fact no money involved in the running of the group and forum. The forum provider I have in mind is totally free to operate. The new forum will only require the time of an administrator/s to maintain the forum. The above model has proven to be very successful for MGFreedom.

I will support the new forum by creating it, (creating the boards, sections etc) by creating the graphics, the banners and administration. If other members wish to be administrators and moderators then I would suggest we have a maximum of three to start.

If the new forum is successful, all good and well :). If it doesn’t work, so be it. :shrug:

So, having said all that, I think we should give this a go :) and create a forum specifically for Scotland. It’s success depends on it’s members using it, feeding it with threads, replying to posts and building a forum which members will want to join and come back to regularly.

“Build it and they will come”.

Look forward to your views either at the meet on Friday or by replying here.

Glenn

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x405/Bullitt160/ZT%20Logos/Button1.jpg?t=1340446791

Hi Glenn....We will have a wee chat about this next Friday and see what everybody thinks, look forward to seeing you at The Hawes Inn at South Queensferry....:)

FLYER
23rd June 2012, 18:51
Excellent idea GLENN and we can chew the fat at the HAWES .

Brush 1
23rd June 2012, 20:01
Excellent idea GLENN and we can chew the fat at the HAWES .
and having tasted the food at the hawes, after waiting and waiting for it chew the fat is correct lol:D

Yella Fella
24th June 2012, 06:18
Thanks graham, flyer. There may some conflicts with how we fit with this forum/national stuff but I'm sure we'll get there. I think a Scottish forum it's worth giving consideration though.

At least it's another forum for flyer to go to when he's banned from the others lol

FLYER
24th June 2012, 09:44
Thanks graham, flyer. There may some conflicts with how we fit with this forum/national stuff but I'm sure we'll get there. I think a Scottish forum it's worth giving consideration though.

At least it's another forum for flyer to go to when he's banned from the others lol

ya cheeky monkey . Lol.:p:

derekosb
24th June 2012, 09:47

:hurray::hurray::hurray::rofl::rofl::laughing2::la ughing2::chat::clap::clap::clap:

I did like that one!!

I know you took that well George ;)

Derek

Yella Fella
24th June 2012, 10:22
Sorry George, a bit harsh. I should have said garden leave.

I had garden leave once from the prison service. Loved every month of it, all six of them.:}

FLYER
24th June 2012, 18:32
it,s a good job i know you lot :D

rotrex
25th June 2012, 23:58
:hurray::hurray::hurray::rofl::rofl::laughing2::la ughing2::chat::clap::clap::clap:

I did like that one!!

I know you took that well George ;)

Derek

well he has got history :shrug::D:D

FLYER
26th June 2012, 07:56
well he has got history :shrug::D:D

troublemaker :D

Yella Fella
26th June 2012, 08:08
Just thought, Ive no idea where The Hawes Inn is. :shrug:

If anyone else is wondering, its here . . .

The Hawes Inn,
7 Newhalls Road,
Edinburgh,
South Queensferry
EH30 9TA

http://goo.gl/maps/xaJD (http://goo.gl/maps/xaJD)

I pop it into the Sat Nag. What time do you guys meet?

FLYER
26th June 2012, 08:24
Just thought, Ive no idea where The Hawes Inn is. :shrug:

If anyone else is wondering, its here . . .

The Hawes Inn,
7 Newhalls Road,
Edinburgh,
South Queensferry
EH30 9TA

http://goo.gl/maps/xaJD (http://goo.gl/maps/xaJD)

I pop it into the Sat Nag. What time do you guys meet?

some turn up at 5 and some at 6ish , the hawes is right under the Forth Railway bridge glenn.
We usually park up as near to the hawes as we can get on the prom facing the bridges.

Yella Fella
28th June 2012, 18:42
some turn up at 5 and some at 6ish , the hawes is right under the Forth Railway bridge glenn.
We usually park up as near to the hawes as we can get on the prom facing the bridges.

Cheers George. I might be in the TF. The missus needs the ZT for the shopping.

rotrex
29th June 2012, 13:35
hi gang. the weather aint looking braw but see you there;)

FLYER
29th June 2012, 15:10
hi gang. the weather aint looking braw but see you there;)

most certainly sir tam , come rain or shine the queensferry crew will be there , they breed us tuff up here , none of that southern softie stuff for us .;)

FLYER
29th June 2012, 21:56
excellent and productive meet , bodyswerved the HAWES and noshed at the brewers fayre .

Good to see YELLA FELLA [glenn].

Also BRUSH put in an appearance so good to see him also , nice n dry on the east coast unlike the west which is half drowned , there was even blue sky :D

Graham1961
30th June 2012, 00:02
Yes...an excellent evening and enjoyed the Brewers Fayre.

Yella Fella
30th June 2012, 04:37
Nice to see you chaps and gals.

Given the positive thought to a Scottish forum, ill get on it. It should in up and running tomorrow, if not today.

FLYER
30th June 2012, 12:51
Nice to see you chaps and gals.

Given the positive thought to a Scottish forum, ill get on it. It should in up and running tomorrow, if not today.och aye the noo :D

FLYER
30th June 2012, 13:34
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af26/ml110ly/scottish_flag.gif

rotrex
30th June 2012, 14:18
yet another good meet. even the the weather made its best effort for us :bowdown:
was good to see you all again and grub was a nice wee change.
go to it glen ;)

rotrex
27th July 2012, 17:05
kinda late to think about this, but is anybody going tonight :shrug::D

FLYER
29th July 2012, 20:05
kinda late to think about this, but is anybody going tonight :shrug::DWe were up in granton with graham sir tam , we are also there on the last friday of august for the vintage car meet so i suggest we meet at the hawes on friday the 24th of august , opinion please sir tam , annmarie and i and graham will deffo be there .

Also if your interested in granton let me know as we have booked the usual place and it only has 6 rooms and we have booked 2 :D

Graham1961
30th July 2012, 18:25
We were up in granton with graham sir tam , we are also there on the last friday of august for the vintage car meet so i suggest we meet at the hawes on friday the 24th of august , opinion please sir tam , annmarie and i and graham will deffo be there .

Also if your interested in granton let me know as we have booked the usual place and it only has 6 rooms and we have booked 2 :D

I will be up for a meet on the 24th august at the Hawes.
Sir Tam, you would love Grantown on Spey and the show.....

rotrex
31st July 2012, 23:56
aye guys 24th is fine with me :D I also fancy the granton thingy more details please. date. £££ room ect. do they do a nice guiness :drool4:

FLYER
1st August 2012, 22:32
aye guys 24th is fine with me :D I also fancy the granton thingy more details please. date. £££ room ect. do they do a nice guiness :drool4:We are heading up on the friday the 31st of august and staying two nights , just done a search and the price for a single in our hotel is £38-£42 a night [lovely place] . if your going dont hang about and let graham know so he can book you a room .

Lookslike a great show .:D

rotrex
1st August 2012, 23:13
thanks G. I'll check with Janice in morning if dates free and go from there :bowdown:

FLYER
1st August 2012, 23:19
thanks G. I'll check with Janice in morning if dates free and go from there :bowdown:

Excellente SIR TAM , you truly are a knight of the realm :p:

rotrex
1st August 2012, 23:31
excellente sir tam , you truly are a knight of the realm :p:
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Alan_G
3rd August 2012, 19:05
I will be up for a meet on the 24th august at the Hawes.
Sir Tam, you would love Grantown on Spey and the show.....

Would come but i will be in New York :D

FLYER
3rd August 2012, 22:17
Would come but i will be in New York :D

Go fish :D

Enjoy .:D

tricia1470
6th August 2012, 18:41
**** Im nightshift again on the 24th :-(