PDA

View Full Version : Monthly meet for South of Scotland and Cumbria

FrazzleTC
1st June 2012, 09:32
I've decided to make an attempt at holding a monthly classic Rover meet, in Lockerbie, which is easily accessible for those in Dumfries and Galloway, the Borders, and Cumbria. It's likely to be held on the third Tuesday of every month. It's open mainly to Classic Rovers, and 75s, but any other classics are welcome too. If anyone is interested, please let me know, so I can decide if it's worthwhile.
Fraser

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Graham1961
4th June 2012, 23:40
I would certainly come down sometime, maybe not during winter, but on nice evenings i would pop down.

rotrex
5th June 2012, 22:23
I would take a run down, however would depend how it fitted in as every second tue is snooker night others janice works nights. so cant comit but if poss nearer the time I'd go ;)

Bluejon
6th June 2012, 01:15
Hi,

Like Graham & Tam have said,can't commit to every month,but would certainly be interested in popping in from time to time when commitment's allow,many thanks.

Regards........John.

FrazzleTC
12th January 2013, 21:47
Thought I'd resurrect this for 2013, and try to make it happen this year, probably just in the summer months. Any more takers, and I'll try to formulate a decent plan!

Astraeus
12th January 2013, 23:11
Thought I'd resurrect this for 2013, and try to make it happen this year, probably just in the summer months. Any more takers, and I'll try to formulate a decent plan!

Hi

Might just pop down to one in the summer. You popping up in March?

Chris

FrazzleTC
13th January 2013, 12:37
I'll still be at uni in March, but if the P6 is on LPG by then, and I've not got too much work to do, I'll give it some serious thought!

Astraeus
13th January 2013, 20:23
I'll still be at uni in March, but if the P6 is on LPG by then, and I've not got too much work to do, I'll give it some serious thought!

Hi

You would be very welcome especially in your P6. My mother had a 2200SC that I used for a while. Loved it!

Chris

2Diesels
13th January 2013, 20:26
Snot.............that far for me, I might pop across from time to time

RPWC
13th January 2013, 21:04
Snot.............that far for me, I might pop across from time to time

Might join you, during the summer evenings anyway

FrazzleTC
13th January 2013, 21:16
Excellent! Great to see lots of interest on here! I've had a few people interest on the P6 forum as well, so hopefully plenty of Rovers/MGs will turn up! Once I can accurately gauge numbers, I'll ask around a few potential places where we could meet-up!

Graham1961
14th January 2013, 13:40
I would certainly come down especially during the summer months....:)

AldoR
21st January 2013, 07:13
I would certainly come down especially during the summer months....:)

Will second that:}

FrazzleTC
21st January 2013, 12:04
That's terrific news, chaps! I'll get to work trying to establish something! Any preferences as to which day, and time to meet? I'd say probably just in the summer months!

Astraeus
21st January 2013, 16:16
That's terrific news, chaps! I'll get to work trying to establish something! Any preferences as to which day, and time to meet? I'd say probably just in the summer months!

How about second Friday in the month to keep it away from Queensferry meet or a weekend day if a lot travelling distance? Again keep date away from the last Friday. That is just a suggestion of course.

Chris

Graham1961
22nd January 2013, 23:11
How about second Friday in the month to keep it away from Queensferry meet or a weekend day if a lot travelling distance? Again keep date away from the last Friday. That is just a suggestion of course.

Chris Sounds good to me....:)

Tim_Burgess
31st January 2013, 20:42
I'd be up for that. Keep us posted.

gizgrady05
17th April 2013, 00:21
would be intrested in coming down to

FrazzleTC
20th April 2013, 23:54
I'm in the process of trying to get things sorted out on this front! Stay tuned for more details!

Terrorfex
21st April 2013, 18:13
I could be convinced to appear.

Ravinder
3rd May 2013, 19:39
Sounds good. I'll try and make an appearance as well. :)

mininuts
21st May 2013, 23:41
Could also be interested in this, depending on where and when. Will keep watching with interest ;)

FrazzleTC
24th May 2013, 23:03
Just to say that this is now confirmed that it'll be an official Rover P6 Club meet, for any Rovers/MGs. I'll be contacting potential venues this week, with the aim to have a meet in June.
Now, would a Friday be best? Or would people prefer to attend during the week?
I'm thinking of perhaps saying 6:30 with the option for people to have a meal, if they wish?
Let me know your thoughts, and we'll take it from there!

FrazzleTC
27th May 2013, 20:18
Anyone got any particular views as to the time, and day that would be good for this?

FrazzleTC
29th May 2013, 19:26
Anyone? I'm phoning round tomorrow, so if you've got any preferences, please, do let me know.

suzublu
29th May 2013, 19:35
Fraser,we went to a classic car meet in Moffat either last year,or the year before,quite a few of us attended,would that not be an option:shrug: or is this just for a monthly meet

FrazzleTC
29th May 2013, 19:39
This is for a monthly meet, Ronnie. I'm sure we could all meet up at Moffat too. Chances are, I'll have a P6 at Moffat. The monthly meet will just take place over the summer when it's lighter for longer.

sparky69ma
19th June 2013, 20:37
If zt's are welcome id be down its not far from my work in abington.nights would be ideal for me

Graham1961
19th June 2013, 23:12
Hi Fraser....I will just go with whatever venue you decide and that will do me nicely.:D

FrazzleTC
20th June 2013, 20:57
Okay! Are we happy with doing it on a Friday evening, say the second one of each month, in the summer? If that's okay, I'll get it booked this weekend, and announce a venue once one is agreed?