PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Tree - monthly meets......... Lets sort it

andyg2011
9th June 2012, 18:04
Hollow Tree - monthly meets,,,

as work has died down for me id like to step up to the plate and sort out are Hollow Tree - monthly meets,

I know alot of you are waiting for dates and so on but let me just say am doing this off my own back as I believe the north west has some great members and id like to see you all making a big effort to come down to the hollow tree and meet us all,

Therefore dates and we have a choice of 2 this will be on

The first Wednesday of every month at 2000hrs SO THE NEXT ONE WILL BE JULY 4TH (as we missed the last one in June)

The 3rd Sunday of every month at 1300hrs FOR THIS MONTH ONLY WILL BE 24TH JUNE AS NEXT WEEKEND ON THE CALENDAR IS THE National Rally weekend in Blackpool

PLEASE SUPPORT THIS AND LETS ENJOY GOOD CARS, GOOD COMPANY AT THE HOLLOW TREE,

am also looking at other PLACES to go too ie country parks and days out or drives to places,meets etc etc

Ive also found a good place near the airport as well as NEAR BLACKPOOL ALSO A country park where on speaking to the ranger he will allow us to park in are own area,

any ideas you have or want to share please put them on this thread lets all work as a team and get the north west back on running ground,

Thank you guys

so the 24th June 1300HRS AT THE HOLLOW TREE

Whos coming then ???????

ill BE THERE :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

ALSO CHECK OUT THE HOLLOW THREE AND J1MBOS NORTH WEST WEBSITE ITS BRILL AS HE HAS PUT ALOT OF WORK INTO IT,

http://northwestrover75andmgztowners.weebly.com/index.html

Attending,,,,,,,,,,,,,

SCOUSE 1958............... ......Paul
ANDYG2011.................. ......Andy
DINKY D.............................Tom
J1MBO.......................... ....Jim
RICH.................................Rich
SSIZEFIVE........................ Steve
JAMESUK ...........INIT..........James
GODFER.............................Sid
LATHBURY......................... John
DIGGERBUFF........................Mike
DEREKS...............................Derek

dinky d
9th June 2012, 23:31
I"m all for the 24th July at the Hollow Tree,do you not think 1 pm is a bit late,the last one I attended there quite a few people were leaving at around that time,any thoughts?.................Tom.:shrug:

James.uk
9th June 2012, 23:42
As long as it doesn't clash with the Midlands nano-Olympic thingy I will be there... :} 1 pm is fine with me, I'm always late anyway.. :D

J1MBO
10th June 2012, 00:47
Yes I should be ok for the 24th Andy, granted I won't be driving a Rover :o

I"m all for the 24th July at the Hollow Tree,do you not think 1 pm is a bit late,the last one I attended there quite a few people were leaving at around that time,any thoughts?.................Tom.:shrug:

Tom, I think the one you mean started at 11:00.

If everybody is agreeable to the timetable please post and if we have a consenscious I'll alter the website details.

Cheers

andyg2011
10th June 2012, 09:46

Hay Tom

I belive you mean the meet that started at 11am some weeks back we did as a trail, and this is just a monthly meet for the members WHO cant make it on a wensday night so i think we should keep the 1pm time

its great your going to be joining us thanks for your input

As long as it doesn't clash with the Midlands nano-Olympic thingy I will be there... :}

Hay James

The Midlands meet is Sat 30 June Olympic Torch at Teddy-bears that's why I picked the 24th

so glad you can join us mate

see you there,

[QUOTE=J1MBO;1024381]Yes I should be ok for the 24th Andy, granted I won't be driving a Rover :o

Thats wicked Jim glad you can make it bud,

shame about the rover dude ill miss her :getmecoat:

I looked at your website last night and may i say you have done a cracking job

it looks good,

so next monthly meet Sunday 24th June at 1300hrs

THANKS GUYS :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

vindaloo
10th June 2012, 16:41
I should be in Spain on the 24th, but plans might be changed due to circumstances beyond my control, so I'm an unlikely at the moment.:confused:

James.uk
10th June 2012, 17:17
Putting links to Jimbos' site everywhere we can think of would be good... :D

andyg2011
10th June 2012, 17:24
Putting links to Jimbos' site everywhere we can think of would be good... :D

I agree good idea dude init

J1MBO
10th June 2012, 22:00
Website updated to include the meet due to take place on the 24th.

Think what I'll do in future is leave the Wednesday meet as it is and update on a monthly basis the date for the Sunday meet.

andyg2011
10th June 2012, 22:04
Website updated to include the meet due to take place on the 24th.

Think what I'll do in future is leave the Wednesday meet as it is and update on a monthly basis the date for the Sunday meet.

Sounds good jim i just thought the 24th this month was better as theres a blackpool show next wkend and then the teddybears meet on the 30th. Great idea matey and just think it will keep u busy eh

Godfer
10th June 2012, 22:12
I shall be there on the 24th! My 2nd - after the meeting on the 3rd didn't proceed!

This is a brilliant club - and unlike Grouch Marx, one in which I'm delighted to be a member! ;)

andyg2011
10th June 2012, 22:16
I shall be there on the 24th! My 2nd - after the meeting on the 3rd didn't proceed!

This is a brilliant club - and unlike Grouch Marx, one in which I'm delighted to be a member! ;)
Your dam rite sid and glad u can make it mate it will be good to put a face to the name. Ps jimbo will be there to and we can haveta chat about this hi line upgrade as he a master and done it to his last car

Godfer
10th June 2012, 22:19
Your dam rite sid and glad u can make it mate it will be good to put a face to the name. Ps jimbo will be there to and we can haveta chat about this hi line upgrade as he a master and done it to his last car

Met Jimbo briefly last time...was too 'shy' to ask for a demo (same dance with Vindaloo). ;)

andyg2011
10th June 2012, 22:22
Met Jimbo briefly last time...was too 'shy' to ask for a demo (same dance with Vindaloo). ;)

Thats a shame coz jimbo not got the rover v8 anymore he sold it last wk sob sob sob but am sure vindaloo will let u have a dance.

Godfer
10th June 2012, 22:30
Thats a shame coz jimbo not got the rover v8 anymore he sold it last wk sob sob sob but am sure vindaloo will let u have a dance.

His motor was lovely...a very striking example. His and the other '260 V8's' sounded great upon arrival!

J1MBO
11th June 2012, 08:03

Not sure about the "master" comment but I can talk you through the options.

Sorry to hear that Sid, pity I've sold the car now as I'd have gladly demostrated the system.

andyg2011
11th June 2012, 09:04
[QUOTE=J1MBO;1025521]Not sure about the "master" comment but I can talk you through the options.

arrrrrrrrrrr Jim you know you are bud :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

andyg2011
11th June 2012, 19:02
put this date in your dairy guys:getmecoat:

24TH JUNE HOLLOW TREE 1300HRS

vindaloo
11th June 2012, 19:21

No dancing for me Andy, I'll be in Spain. I would have made the meeting on the original date (1 July) but not the new date.

andyg2011
11th June 2012, 19:24
No dancing for me Andy, I'll be in Spain. I would have made the meeting on the original date (1 July) but not the new date.

No worrys jim. You have a nice time in spain bud ill catch you soon.

Scouse1958
12th June 2012, 14:08
Hi Guys sorry not been on lately not been 100% and had a bit of trouble with
walking i will be there on the 24th to meet everyone and will make it a nice day :)

Paul

rich17865
14th June 2012, 22:32
Just back from my holiday in hell, count me in on the 24th. Tools in boot as usual.

J1MBO
14th June 2012, 22:37
Nice one, be good to see you.

Sorry, edit - holiday from hell......

andyg2011
15th June 2012, 07:19
Cool rich mate glad u can make it. Sorry to hear the hol was #%#%

diggerbuff
15th June 2012, 22:22
Is it ok if i come,it will be my first meet............Mike.

rich17865
16th June 2012, 07:06

Of course Mike, it will be great to see you, the more the merrier (if that is a word).

J1MBO
16th June 2012, 07:18

As Rich says the more the merrier, be good to meet you.

lathbury
16th June 2012, 10:37
Hi All, I went to a previous meet at the pub and will be going to this one. Will there be anyone going who can help me sort out my d/d unit regarding tuning a station and setting up the tmc?. Thanks. John.

diggerbuff
16th June 2012, 13:02
Cheers Guys i will be there,............Mike.

J1MBO
16th June 2012, 14:25
Hi All, I went to a previous meet at the pub and will be going to this one. Will there be anyone going who can help me sort out my d/d unit regarding tuning a station and setting up the tmc?. Thanks. John.

Hi John hopefully we'll be able to help you out with this.

Cheers Guys i will be there,............Mike.

Great, look forward to meeting you

andyg2011
16th June 2012, 14:39
Hi John hopefully we'll be able to help you out with this.

Great, look forward to meeting you

its looking good guys

thanks so much for supporting this

WELL DONE JIMBO ON THE NEW APPOINTMENT AS MOD :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

ssizefive
16th June 2012, 15:33
I should be ok for this one if you could add me to the list

Thanks
Steve

J1MBO
16th June 2012, 15:41
WELL DONE JIMBO ON THE NEW APPOINTMENT AS MOD :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Thanks for that Andy

J1MBO
16th June 2012, 15:42
I should be ok for this one if you could add me to the list

Thanks
Steve

Really be nice to see you again Steve

ssizefive
16th June 2012, 15:46
Really be nice to see you again Steve

Thanks Jim, was looking forward to catching up tomorrow until the weather got in the way!!!

Congratulations on your promotion :}

Steve

andyg2011
16th June 2012, 16:04
Thanks Jim, was looking forward to catching up tomorrow until the weather got in the way!!!

Steve

this is super news steve

thanks;) s much

Scouse1958
16th June 2012, 16:15
Congratulations on your promotion Jim know your one of the best :)

Paul

James.uk
16th June 2012, 16:27
>>>WELL DONE JIMBO ON THE NEW APPOINTMENT AS MOD <<<

Oh-my-good-gawd..... Does this mean our Jimbo's gonna be posing round it a Green whatsit editing all our conversations... again.... lmho... :D

Nice One Jimbo, But not sure you're allowed to use spanners n stuff now.. :D

BTW, you OK to get to and from the meeting? I can give you a lift if you need one. :}

andyg2011
16th June 2012, 16:29

Oh-my-good-gawd..... Does this mean our Jimbo's gonna be posing round it a Green whatsit editing all our conversations... again.... lmho... :D

BTW, you OK to get to and from the meeting? I can give you a lift if you need one. :}

Very nice of you to ask this James:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

vindaloo
16th June 2012, 16:33

Paul

I wonder when J1MBO is going for his Green Jacket fitting
:getmecoat:

andyg2011
16th June 2012, 16:34

about 30mins b4 he was appointed:getmecoat:

MrDoodles
16th June 2012, 16:37
Congratulations on your appointments!

Please be gentle with me!

J1MBO
16th June 2012, 17:07

Steve

Thanks Steve - I've pm'd you as well.

Paul

Kind of you to say that Paul

Thanks James, Bob or whatever you name is :shrug:, spanners are being swapped for a keyboard :D all cars are now safe mate :p:.

Thanks for the offer of a lift, still got the other car a fiesta, see what I did there.

about 30mins b4 he was appointed:getmecoat:

Cheeky ;)

Congratulations on your appointments!

Please be gentle with me!

Thanks Mark - now where's me stick ;)

andyg2011
16th June 2012, 17:13
Jim:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

there's nothing wrong with being in-between cars at the mo mate

just turning up is wicked in my book,

rich17865
16th June 2012, 17:56
Congrats Jimbo:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:!! All you need now is a Rover 75 or MG ZT and you can be a proper member of the club!! :D:D:D:D:D

J1MBO
16th June 2012, 22:09
Congrats Jimbo:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:!! All you need now is a Rover 75 or MG ZT and you can be a proper member of the club!! :D:D:D:D:D

Thanks Rich.....:D:D:D:D:D

andyg2011
17th June 2012, 17:56
come one guys in the north west and of course anyone who wants to join us

get your names down

1 week to go :bowdown::bowdown:

dinky d
18th June 2012, 00:37
Any electronics minded members going,would like to change aerial on my chinese D/D,and get my FBH remote fob talking to my car heater relay...............Tom.

andyg2011
18th June 2012, 15:37
Any electronics minded members going,would like to change aerial on my chinese D/D,and get my FBH remote fob talking to my car heater relay...............Tom.

Am sure we can have a look mate

dinky d
19th June 2012, 00:56
Thanks Andy,If I can get them sorted I might splash out on a few liquid refreshments.:bowdown:..........Tom.

Shaker
19th June 2012, 21:36
I was hoping to make this - it would have been my first meet, especially as we meet there the first Monday of the month with the AACI (American Auto club international). However is my nieces 10th birthday on the 24th, and as she's reached double figures we'll have to go to the party at 2pm -doh. maybe next time.:}

J1MBO
19th June 2012, 22:44
I was hoping to make this - it would have been my first meet, especially as we meet there the first Monday of the month with the AACI (American Auto club international). However is my nieces 10th birthday on the 24th, and as she's reached double figures we'll have to go to the party at 2pm -doh. maybe next time.:}

What a pity - hope you do make it the next time, watch this space for details.

andyg2011
21st June 2012, 09:16
BbbBumpppp

Canonite
21st June 2012, 09:24
I'm afraid on Sunday i'll be taking a test drive in my new car so can't make it for this one ;)

J1MBO
21st June 2012, 09:39
I'm afraid on Sunday i'll be taking a test drive in my new car so can't make it for this one ;)

Sorry to hear that Alan.

Godfer
21st June 2012, 18:52
Guys,

Is the expected weather a factor?

J1MBO
21st June 2012, 19:09
Guess so Sid - have to run for cover during the expected heavy showers :shrug:

Godfer
21st June 2012, 19:14
Bit of a bummer this...I have PCV, Air and Cabin Filters all set to go (Rich is gonna walk me through a 'How To')...I do hope it's all possible? :shrug:

rich17865
21st June 2012, 19:40
Bit of a bummer this...I have PCV, Air and Cabin Filters all set to go (Rich is gonna walk me through a 'How To')...I do hope it's all possible? :shrug:

I will bring an umbrella or two, we must act British after all. The show must go on.

vindaloo
21st June 2012, 19:44
You could all drive over to me in Spain & hold the meet here.....no rain & 30deg. I could say I'm sorry I won't be there......... but I wouldn't lie to you

Godfer
21st June 2012, 19:45
I will bring an umbrella or two, we must act British after all. The show must go on.

It's that West Country\Crewe (amalgam) spirit that makes this Club great!!! :bowdown:

Frank Incensed
21st June 2012, 20:43
You could all drive over to me in Spain & hold the meet here.....no rain & 30deg. I could say I'm sorry I won't be there......... but I wouldn't lie to you

Beginning to think you're a non-resident tax exile, Jim

J1MBO
21st June 2012, 20:46

Reckon you might have a point there Robert :getmecoat:

ps I'll bring an umbrella as well

vindaloo
21st June 2012, 20:50

Reckon you might have a point there Robert :getmecoat:

I'm trying hard chaps.

J1MBO
21st June 2012, 20:52
I'm trying hard chaps.

:smilie_re::envy::clap:

DerekS
21st June 2012, 21:51
Room for another one ? Hope its not too wet . :)

J1MBO
21st June 2012, 22:14
Certainly Derek, be nice to see you again

andyg2011
22nd June 2012, 04:56
I think the rain is in for the wkend guys at least we go the warm bar to prop up at the hollow tree on sunday

andyg2011
22nd June 2012, 18:06
I have a big brolly so we can put that over the engine bay sid and it will cover rich up,

only just mind :getmecoat:

Godfer
22nd June 2012, 18:52
I have a big brolly so we can put that over the engine bay sid and it will cover rich up,

only just mind :getmecoat:

Wellies too...that's just a personal thing!!!! ;)

rich17865
22nd June 2012, 19:05
I was going to ask if someone had a larger than normal umbrella, I suppose the pub has the outdoor parasols if it all got horribly bad.

On the plus side, wife asked if she could come this time, certainly an improvement on last time when all I got was earache!

andyg2011
22nd June 2012, 20:14
I was going to ask if someone had a larger than normal umbrella, I suppose the pub has the outdoor parasols if it all got horribly bad.

On the plus side, wife asked if she could come this time, certainly an improvement on last time when all I got was earache!

hay rich

i have a big outdoor parasol and one of them blocks you put it in so like i say ill bring it matey and whoever needs it can have it while i buy jimbo a beer for his birthday:cool:

J1MBO
23rd June 2012, 11:58
Shhhhush, don't say anything but I have an idea the weather might be better than forcasted tomorrow :getmecoat:

andyg2011
23rd June 2012, 12:04
Shhhhush, don't say anything but I have an idea the weather might be better than forcasted tomorrow :getmecoat:

Jimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dont say that mate:D

Its sunny where i am :getmecoat:

rich17865
23rd June 2012, 15:49

Beat me to it, I just checked the weather too!

andyg2011
23rd June 2012, 20:40
bumppppppppppppppppp:getmecoat:

see you all tomorrow guys

1pm that's 1300hrs @

hollow tree

lathbury
23rd June 2012, 20:48
I am sorry but I have my holiday dates mixed up . I thought we were going to Whitby on Monday but I have been told quite firmly it is Sunday, so I will have to miss this one. Try for the next one. Have a good day. John.

andyg2011
23rd June 2012, 20:54
no worrys john

have a great trip away:bowdown::bowdown:

rich17865
24th June 2012, 11:16
Forgot my umbrella, if anyone reads this before leaving could you bring yours please.

Godfer
24th June 2012, 16:28
Forgot my umbrella, if anyone reads this before leaving could you bring yours please.

Didn't matter Rich...the weather was most clement!!!

A big thanks to one and all in attendance. Especially Rich and Andy. :bowdown:

This was only my 2nd meet...yet again, the friendliness and knowledge on offer was incredible.

Looking forward to re-affirming new found friendships next time.

Sid

James.uk
24th June 2012, 16:32
I had unexpected guests (Southerners) so had to play host.. :D It was great to see old friends again though. :bowdown:. But..

Sorry I had to give the meet a miss this time.. :shrug:

vindaloo
24th June 2012, 17:26
Hope you all had a great time, I'm sure you all feel sorry that I'm having to put up with 30C temps. See you all next time

sworks
24th June 2012, 19:49
I drove past here today about 13.45 and thought I know that pubs name from somewhere :getmecoat:

J1MBO
24th June 2012, 20:09
Hope you all had a great time, I'm sure you all feel sorry that I'm having to put up with 30C temps. See you all next time

We're all really sorry for you Jim having to put up with all that sun ;), actually it turned out to be quite good weather. Good day had, quite a few problems sorted out - luckily no fuses needed changing ;););)

I drove past here today about 13.45 and thought I know that pubs name from somewhere :getmecoat:

Should have popped in, even I had arrived by then courtesy of Robert.

sworks
24th June 2012, 20:54
I didn't know it was today and for some reason thought it was in the Manchester area :shrug:

andyg2011
24th June 2012, 22:30
Massive thank you for all who turned up

it was a good afternoon. And very sunny am so sorry i had to go early but had a great bbq at my sisters in halifax

big thanks to rich who did most of the work and at one point had a Q of 4 waiting for his dirty hands hahahahahahahaha

paul your s reg car is wicked i love it

also digger am so glad we sorted ur prob out mate ill pm u too

thanks boys

next mmeet not to far round the corner

Frank Incensed
25th June 2012, 11:27
......even I had arrived by then courtesy of Robert.

Mrs Incensed reckons I'd drive anyone to drink, Jim. Actually I'm quite selective.:D

BTW, I'm having a Land Rover snorkel fitted for the next time you route us via Atlantis. I understand now why you bought a ford. I thought you meant you'd bought a Ford.:D Next vehicle an Amphicar or a DUKW?:D:D

Would have been good to see Sworks and that lovely yellow Tourer.

J1MBO
25th June 2012, 15:08
I didn't know it was today and for some reason thought it was in the Manchester area :shrug:

Well if you're passing again Mark on a Sunday, think we're probably going to go for the third one of the month, we'd love you to pop in.

Massive thank you for all who turned up

it was a good afternoon. And very sunny am so sorry i had to go early but had a great bbq at my sisters in halifax

big thanks to rich who did most of the work and at one point had a Q of 4 waiting for his dirty hands hahahahahahahaha

paul your s reg car is wicked i love it

also digger am so glad we sorted ur prob out mate ill pm u too

thanks boys

next mmeet not to far round the corner

Totally agree with you Andy - a real big thanks go to Rich for the "hands on" work that he takes on.

Mrs Incensed reckons I'd drive anyone to drink, Jim. Actually I'm quite selective.:D

BTW, I'm having a Land Rover snorkel fitted for the next time you route us via Atlantis. I understand now why you bought a ford. I thought you meant you'd bought a Ford.:D Next vehicle an Amphicar or a DUKW?:D:D

Would have been good to see Sworks and that lovely yellow Tourer.

Robert

:clap::laughing2:

You certainly have a way with words - thanks so much for the chauffeur duties yesterday, really enjoyed it, loved being driven for once.

Ooops, didn't realise we had a small river running through the Bollin Valley but your tourer coped with it admirably

Thanks again
Jim

diggerbuff
25th June 2012, 20:13
Many thanks Rich,.Andy,.Jim and the rest of the guys,.Top class meet, my first but looking forward to the next and more to come,...Great bunch of lads weather perfect what more do we want,..shame we had to go home and watch that rubbish.....Once again many thanks........Mike.

rich17865
25th June 2012, 21:54
Glad to be of assistance as always. :-)

vindaloo
26th June 2012, 16:43
Is the next meet the 15th July then?

Frank Incensed
26th June 2012, 16:51
Is the next meet the 15th July then?

With the car being one of those super-cooled diesels, I don't think I'll have finished poaching the bream and carp lodged in the radiator by then.;)

dinky d
27th June 2012, 00:21
Glad to be of assistance as always. :-)
Many thanks for sorting my boot mod Rich,working a treat,treat you to a pint of the dark stuff next meet,good day,good surroundigs,great bunch of lads..........Tom.