PDA

View Full Version : Fuse Box Polished Steel Lid Mod

trebor
10th June 2012, 18:59
A few pictures of the polished steel lids recently fitted by myself, Wolves 75, Devilish and Woolleysox

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm292/trebor798/DSCF7701.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm292/trebor798/DSCF7700.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm292/trebor798/DSCF7696.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm292/trebor798/DSCF7695.jpg

Canonite
10th June 2012, 19:00
They're quality. Like em.

pab
10th June 2012, 19:06
Very nice..:)

I noticed your all on Stainless Steel bumper fixing bolts too.

Jakg
10th June 2012, 19:14
Is this a replacement lid, or does it go over the top? I can't help but think chosing a metal lid would be a bad idea for a fusebox...!

trebor
10th June 2012, 19:21
it goes over the top of the existing lid and is just a polished steel piece ( supplied by the 260s ) so no danger

Parker
10th June 2012, 19:29
Liking very much, need the same for the battery cover too :)

How do I get one :confused:

trebor
10th June 2012, 19:36
Liking very much, need the same for the battery cover too :)

How do I get one :confused:

Woolleysox has one spare if you want to pm him Phil

Parker
10th June 2012, 19:38
Woolleysox has one spare if you want to pm him Phil
Thanks will do ;)

windrush
10th June 2012, 19:40
They look great Rob well done to all four of you

suzublu
10th June 2012, 20:08
Soo last year dahling ;) fitted mine last year along with this little number http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af195/suzublu/CIMG0573.jpg

trebor
10th June 2012, 20:30
Well you are the king of bling so i will accept defeat, is that a piano keyboard at the front of it, and do you play at meets ?

suzublu
10th June 2012, 20:36
Well you are the king of bling so i will accept defeat, is that a piano keyboard at the front of it, and do you play at meets ?
Just a reflection of my smile Rob:D:D Honestly don't know what the reflection is:shrug:But you hum it & i'll play it ;):D

trebor
10th June 2012, 22:15
Im a Rover, seldom sober springs to mind Ronnie

Ros3
10th June 2012, 22:33
Where could i get one of those with say V6 on it.?..:)

Brabus
10th June 2012, 22:42
they are very very nice

hotrodinstraycat
10th June 2012, 22:48
They need to be put into production. It could be a club favourite! I'd like one.

James.uk
11th June 2012, 00:09
The 1.8 covers a good idea, easier to find it with all that steam around innit... :}.

Ros3
11th June 2012, 00:11
Get these made. I will have a V6 one please..:)

wullie480
11th June 2012, 06:21
Get these made. I will have a V6 one please..:)

You should have a word with the tinnys at work.
I'm sure they would make one no probs.

mh007
11th June 2012, 06:26
They need to be put into production. It could be a club favourite! I'd like one.

I believe the fuse box panels are already for sale on the two-sixties.

trebor
11th June 2012, 08:00
I believe the fuse box panels are already for sale on the two-sixties.

yes they take the credit for them as i mentioned in my earlier post but you will need to source your own badges to suit

Wolves 75
11th June 2012, 09:06
yes they take the credit for them as i mentioned in my earlier post but you will need to source your own badges to suit

But I do believe that us mere mortals do not have access to them on the 260's, I have had a look, but of course stand to be corrected...:D

trebor
11th June 2012, 09:55
I believe that only a limited number were ordered and mo more are available

suzublu
11th June 2012, 15:45
Where i got mine....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Polished-Stainless-fuse-box-cover-MG-ZR-ZS-Rover-25-Can-Powder-Coated-/221043472203?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item337737b74b

Parker
11th June 2012, 16:14
I have one on the way, lucky boy I am :)

Are there other covers available for the V6 :confused:

Ros3
11th June 2012, 16:39
You should have a word with the tinnys at work.
I'm sure they would make one no probs.

No a bad idea mate. Will look in to it i think...:)

cabbers
Where i got mine....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Polished-Stainless-fuse-box-cover-MG-ZR-ZS-Rover-25-Can-Powder-Coated-/221043472203?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item337737b74b

Thanks posting that link up suzublu, i have just bought one off them :D

Great little mod Trebor :bowdown:

Ros3

Yes but does that fit the 75.?...:)

cabbers
11th June 2012, 16:44
Yes but does that fit the 75.?...:)

the fusebox cover is the same on the 25, 45, 75, ZR, ZS, and the ZT i think

suzublu
11th June 2012, 16:49
the fusebox cover is the same on the 25, 45, 75, ZR, ZS, and the ZT i think
Correct Craig,or i wouldn't have one on mine :shrug::D

stevesav
11th June 2012, 17:05
Just ordered mine, thanks for the link Ronnie:}

Teflon
11th June 2012, 17:08
He now has one less to sell.:D

Thanks to Suzublu for posting the link.

Cliff (now £10.99 poorer :o)

wullie480
11th June 2012, 17:36
No a bad idea mate. Will look in to it i think...:)

Already have spoke to the tinny at break says they have some,
so going up later to have a look at what they have,
You wanting one made up?

Ros3
11th June 2012, 17:41
Already have spoke to the tinny at break says they have some,
so going up later to have a look at what they have,
You wanting one made up?

Yep will take one of those Wullie. Thanks for the help..:)

Tim
11th June 2012, 20:02
The Two Sixties can supply the plates and fixings but can't compete with the price from the Bay so have to assume they may be a lesser grade steel. If not thats a good find.

Wolves 75
11th June 2012, 20:32
The Two Sixties can supply the plates and fixings but can't compete with the price from the Bay so have to assume they may be a lesser grade steel. If not thats a good find.

Im hoping the one I have off the 260's is actually Silver.......:o

hotrodinstraycat
11th June 2012, 22:40
That's another one sold via Ebay...thanks for the link! and I haven't a car anymore to put it on lol

Blower
12th June 2012, 20:26
I will be attending the Harewood meet and will be bringing up some of the 260's Forum cover plates hopefully for a comparrison and will be offering them for sale,I have a brushed steel plate on my car which will be on show for those wishing to see them in the flesh so to speak :}

trebor
12th June 2012, 20:31
I will be attending the Harewood meet and will be bringing up some of the 260's Forum cover plates hopefully for a comparrison and will be offering them for sale,I have a brushed steel plate on my car which will be on show for those wishing to see them in the flesh so to speak :}

How much will they be ?

Alex30013k
12th June 2012, 20:31
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm292/trebor798/DSCF7701.jpg

These led lights? Where they from and are they affective at night?

Blower
12th June 2012, 20:44
How much will they be ?

£13........... BUT TOP NOTCH....... hand finished and machine polished mine is bolted on (x2) which are then hidden by what ever badge/decal you decide(in my case the Mustang Pony) to have,not double sided tape, as if one of these lets loose in the engine bay you will have problems!! I think they are 16 or 18 gauge polished stainless.And as always quality does come at a price.

Wolves 75
12th June 2012, 21:09
£13........... BUT TOP NOTCH....... hand finished and machine polished mine is bolted on (x2) which are then hidden by what ever badge/decal you decide(in my case the Mustang Pony) to have,not double sided tape, as if one of these lets loose in the engine bay you will have problems!! I think they are 16 or 18 gauge polished stainless.And as always quality does come at a price.

Im not being funny, but how come we have brought them off the 260's and been charged £26 yet your selling the same ones for £13?

Lyndon

woolleysox
12th June 2012, 21:13
Is that £13 for a 260s plate as the 260s shop is charging morethan that for members,The DLRs go off when the side lights are switched on as I undestand it that a requirement of the Law.

hotrodinstraycat
12th June 2012, 21:17
oh pooh, that's what you get when you rush into things, never thought about it coming off! wish I'd waited now :(

woolleysox
12th June 2012, 21:34
Just unclip the lid and drill through the plate fix using a nut and bolt (sorted)

cover fixing with CDT1 V6 or Rover badge.:D

wullie480
12th June 2012, 22:05
Yep will take one of those Wullie. Thanks for the help..:)

That's it made up bud in brushed stainless as requested.

woolleysox
13th June 2012, 13:30
Hi guys wished I had never seen the fuse box covers :mad:

I have taken delivery of one of the eBay ones they are thinner and the corners are not so well finished.

However having said that if I now had a choice I would have purchased the eBay one and been perfectly happy with it. It is clearly better value for money if not quite as good quality but I have mine now hey ho.

In defence of the 260 as Tim said he cannot beat that price as the buying in price is high and it's not just the 260s ripping us off.

That's just my thoughts hope it helps.

I will update the post in due course
if more info becomes available!!!

suzublu
13th June 2012, 13:39
oh pooh, that's what you get when you rush into things, never thought about it coming off! wish I'd waited now :(
Mine's been on a year without moving & would probably be very difficult to remove,so don't worry on that count.If you stick a badge on over the bolt you have to fit,it is also just stuck on,so i see no difference:shrug:

Wolves 75
13th June 2012, 14:39
Hi guys wished I had never seen the fuse box covers :mad:

I have taken delivery of one of the eBay ones they are thinner and the corners are not so well finished.

However having said that if I now had a choice I would have purchased the eBay one and been perfectly happy with it. It is clearly better value for money if not quite as good quality but I have mine now hey ho.

In defence of the 260 as Tim said he cannot beat that price as the buying in price is high and it's not just the 260s ripping us off.

That's just my thoughts hope it helps.

I will update the post in due course
if more info becomes available!!!

Hi Rob

Please don't feel bad, it's not your fault at all and you have nothing to feel bad about, it is strange though that Blower states in his post "I have some of the 260's fuse box lids" for £13 so something is not right about it, either the 260's have overcharged us, or blower is selling at a loss :confused:

But has said Robbo nothing is held against you at all kidder, your still my boy...:D

Big love Robbo

Devilish
13th June 2012, 16:49
These led lights? Where they from and are they affective at night?

They are DLR's, they turn off when the sidelighta are turned on so never seen at night. There is a relay that can be wired up to dim the DLR's when sidelights are on but I opted for them to be off.

Blower
13th June 2012, 18:50
[QUOTE=Wolves 75;1027554]Hi Rob

Please don't feel bad, it's not your fault at all and you have nothing to feel bad about, it is strange though that Blower states in his post "I have some of the 260's fuse box lids" for £13 so something is not right about it, either the 260's have overcharged us, or blower is selling at a loss :confused:

But has said Robbo nothing is held against you at all kidder, your still my boy...:D

Big love Robbo[/QUOTE

Just to clarify the situation these are the ones that are indeed supplied to the 260's by me, there has been a rather large MISTAKE made by ME who has missunderstood A REQUEST FROM THE 260's, this is a genuine mistake BY ME and nobody else and untill further notice neither will they be for sale at the Harewood meet or via pm on the ZTR75 forum OR ARE THEY FOR SALE AT £13, sorry for any confusion caused please accept my apologies for any trouble caused this **** up is mine and mine alone

Tim
13th June 2012, 19:32
Ok lets clear this up.

No one's fault other than panicking that someone can get these plates made so cheap both Blower and the Two Sixties have been left hanging.

The plates from Blower are a better quality plate than the ebay one hence the supply and production cost is higher than the ones on ebay. Blower having had another batch made is majorly out of pocket so to cut the loss decided to sell at minus to reduce his exposure. Even at minus he is struggling to match the ebay price.

There is and was no intention to "rip people off", its not the Two-Sixties way, plus there is no point we are all enthusiasts together.

The plates from Blower and the Two-Sixties are still available but will not be cheaper than the plates on e-bay. What we need to discuss is at what price. They will be slightly reduced so we can compete with cheapbay, but will not be £13 as Blower can't loose money but I think the 'club kitty' will disappear from the equation.

On a slightly different note, Phil mentioned to Rob he has a damaged plate which will be replaced. Give the plate back to Rob Phil and we'll plop another in the post.

Blower
13th June 2012, 19:43
Hope this clears up the mess I have got me and the 260's into.... SORRY GUYS :getmecoat:

Tim
13th June 2012, 21:25
Okay this is where we are at:

The reduced price position is £20.70 includes P&P and £18 if sold at shows. I know we can't compete with the ebay plate but hope people prefer good gauge quality and the fixings included to the ebay product.

Because the change in price is so close to selling to Rob's friends last week I'm happy to offer the difference of £5.30.

Rob will contact the Midland posse separately on how we deal with a refund of the difference. This is done in good faith with no intention to profiteer. The Two-Sixties is managed by volunteers with any monies going into the club kitty to fund running costs, parts developement and bulk purchases.

Wolves 75
13th June 2012, 23:41
Thanks to Blower and Tim for clearing this up, would not normally bother as its only money, but I got mine the day before and this sort of tasted a bit sour,
But hey ho no harm done

Cheers guys
Lyndon

trebor
14th June 2012, 10:30
I agree with Lyndon and many thanks for clearing this up Tim and Blower, my only concern at the time was whether someone was selling the e bay ones for twice the price and now i know that that is not the case i am happy with or without the refund.

I am also a bit annoyed with myself that i thought someone may have been profiteering in the first place so lesson learned there too for me

Ros3
15th June 2012, 21:52
I have just fitted a brushed stanless steel effect one of these that i got made up for me by a fellow member. It looks superb and is a good heavy gauge. Also it dosent need to be polished so will be easyer to keep clean.. Pictures to follow.:)

wullie480
19th June 2012, 08:39
I have just fitted a brushed stanless steel effect one of these that i got made up for me by a fellow member. It looks superb and is a good heavy gauge. Also it dosent need to be polished so will be easyer to keep clean.. Pictures to follow.:)

looking forward to seeing the pics bud,

Also looking at what else I can cover in the engine bay,

On the diesel I'm looking at a strip up the middle of the battery cover & on top of the fuel filter housing.
Will mock a set up to see how it all looks.

phenonix
28th June 2012, 00:57
Just got myself one of these, just one question

How would these do with corrosion?

Would it be an idea to put some clear coat on top?

philjudo
28th June 2012, 09:31
Try this defo says 75

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370625140621?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649