PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

monkeysarm
29th November 2006, 05:56
Good Morning (it's nearly 5pm here for me, close to beer time!)

Just thought I would pop in and let you all know whats been going on the past month or so on our travels.

We have finally arrived in Australia after a rushed but most enjoyable time in New Zealand. Unfortunately the weather wasn't exactly fantastic but we still managed to have a good time including a 'Speights' brewery tour in Dunedin which left me slightly inebriated before lunch! Added to that were the countless wildlife encounters, some of which we have photos of up on our photobucket account.

All in all it was a good month but I have been busting to arrive here in OZ, as far as I am concerned the holy grail of destinations and somewhere I have been fascinated with since I was young and have always wanted to go.

I am currently sat at my (future) brother and sister in-laws house in Brisbane, Queensland, It has been a pretty constant 34degrees all day today and the sun is glorious. We have planned to be on Kangaroo Island on the south coast for christmas and Uluru (Ayers Rock) at new year.

As some of you are aware there have been car problems with my 75 the past week under James' supervision, thanks to all of those who are assisting him in his attempts to nurse it back to full health and I hope for his sake and mine that all goes well and the cost isn't too dear! (for those of you who haven't seen he is still posting on the .org forum, any additional help is appreciated)

Anyway, we have finally uploaded some NZ pics and some of Australia so far, so if you are interested take a look.

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/saffib/

Hope all is well with everyone and that the build up to christmas isn't hurting too much.....

Martin

Keith
29th November 2006, 09:11
Hi Martin cracking Photos as usual

If you get a chance can you post a brief timeline of where you have been so far for those that may not have been following your posts

Kandyman
29th November 2006, 09:32
Hey guys

Glad you found your way here, i have been keeping a eye out for you over there :)

Pictures still looking great :) yes i have seen the sick car post :( but don't you worry about your car you just carry on having the time of your life.:cool:

miketata
29th November 2006, 21:19
welcome to Bris..hope you have time to see Fraser Island, Noosa, Gold Coast and other attractions. See if you can spot a 75 or zt Cheers

monkeysarm
29th November 2006, 22:39
Hi,

Well for those of you who don't know, my girlfriend Sarah and I left the UK last year just after the Beaulieu meet for our 'year out' from work.

The countries we have are as follows

Peru (includng of course Machu Picchu)
Bolivia
Brazil (for a total of 6 days!)
Argentina
Chile
Easter Island
New Zealand (North & South Island)
and now Australia

We are here until the end of February and then we are planning to visit Thailand for around a month to finish off before we go home.

Leaving Brisbane on this monday coming and off down the Gold coast towards Sydney. We spent some of our first days off the Brisbane coast at Moreton Island where I did my first ever snorkelling amongst the underwater wildlife and spent the rest off the time off-roading on the sand only tracks.

Bit colder here today! Only 24degrees in the house after the most incredible storm last night, massive lightning bolts and torrential rain for all of 30 minutes! During this time the house was surrounded by Flying Fox's (giant bats!)

Miketata - whereabouts are you in Brisbane, we are staying in Sandgate, We plan to do Fraser Island on our way back to Brisbane in February, and as much of the Gold Coast as possible. What is at Noosa?

Always looking for 75's/ZT's!

And as for the car...... we shall see what happens!

Ti Rich
30th November 2006, 00:49
That's almost as much travelling as me:eek: :eek: :eek:

Have fun and be safe! (from me in Argentina)

monkeysarm
30th November 2006, 01:09
Hi Rich,

What are you up to in Argentina? We spent over a month there and thought it was great! I personally didn't see any 75's though, but lots of older models, particularily 600's!

Whereabouts are you now and where have you done?

Ti Rich
30th November 2006, 09:08
Hi Rich,

What are you up to in Argentina? We spent over a month there and thought it was great! I personally didn't see any 75's though, but lots of older models, particularily 600's!

Whereabouts are you now and where have you done?

Hi,

Just here on a sales visit for 5 days although I went over to Uruguay for the day on Tuesday as well. My 4th visit to Argentina and i realy like it. The people are very friendly even the Police/Military that i work with. I didn't expect to get such a warm welcome on my first trip given the Falklands war but have only had one "issue" with a taxi driver once!

Still in Buenos Aires now but off to Del Plata at lunch time then back to B.A. for the 9:40pm flight to New York. Two hour wait in N.Y.then flight to London, then a 2 hout drive up the M40. Long day ahead...........

monkeysarm
1st December 2006, 05:32
We really enjoyed BA, we had a few 'Islas Malvinas' comments from taxi drivers and so on, along with a healthy hate for Margaret Thatcher!

Have just seen my first Australian 75, a gold V6 parked in the Woolworths (slightly different here in OZ) carpark local to where we are in Brisbane (Sandgate) Must say was nice to see that shape again in the flesh, no photos unfortunately as it was the one time I have left the house without my camera.

Just in case it is someone on here the plate was *** GZR

monkeysarm
11th February 2007, 00:14
Hi Again!

Been a while but we are now back in Brisbane after our East Coast and Centre tour... 16000kms and a few breakdowns later (plus getting stuck for days due to floods!) we are back at Sarahs sisters relaxing before our small Thailand excursion.

Pictures speak much louder than words so we have uploaded a fair few to our photobucket account under the 'Australia' section.

Hope everyone is well back there, and thanks again to all those who are helping James (greddymop) back on MG-Rover.org to get my car back on the road before I get back.

Not long now before we return, hoping to even be in a situation to make it to Yeovil...

Hope everyones christmas and new year period was a happy one, we celebrated New Year watching the sun set and raise over Ayers Rock, awesome!

Kandyman
11th February 2007, 06:52
More great pictures, i'm going to copy them all one day burn them off and watch them all on the TV, just wish i did a trip like this.

Now i can using your pictures :D

JohnDotCom
11th February 2007, 07:55
quote=Kandyman More great pictures, i'm going to copy them all one day burn them off and watch them all on the TV, just wish i did a trip like this.
Now i can using your pictures :D

Normal Copyright Fees To Club Funds Kandyman. :D :getmecoat:

monkeysarm
12th February 2007, 02:48
Glad to hear that you are enjoying the pictures, I can assure you that we have enjoyed taking them! And what we have uploaded is a VERY small number compared to what we have in total, i'm not looking forward to the bill for getting them all printed!

I did hear that Ken was considering using some as a computer backdrop, I think a daily use charge would be very profitable!

MartinW
12th February 2007, 04:49
I'll be heading out that way again this next month - Perth and Sydney and the Outback, on business. I've seen a few 75s and ZTs out there on previous travels as well as a ZR in Brisbane last year, and a good few F/TFs. I love seeing the older classics in daily use, even saw an E-type in Melbourne once used for the office commute. Aren't the roadtrains fun to overtake!

monkeysarm
12th February 2007, 11:06
I have to say that the road trains were certainly 'interesting' on some of the back roads we went out on, makes anything in the UK look miniature!

Lots and lots of older cars, seen quite a few SD1's around which was nice and even saw a P6, amazed at the lack of rust on cars that would have dissolved back home much quicker.

Havent had a chance to see WA on this trip, thinking of movng here in the next 10 years so will have a chance to see more! You will have to tell me what it is like...