PDA

View Full Version : Heated washers.

Red scooter
29th November 2006, 08:40
Morning all, I have moved over from .org although I will keep visiting them. I bought a new set of Webasto heated windscreen washers and they cost a fortune but they look a bit too complicated for me to fit. Will I be better getting a autospark to fit them or buy the Rover set from Rimmers. Congratulations on the new club, its great. John.

Keith
29th November 2006, 09:06
Welcome aboard, Do you mean the Hot Shot washers?

yp53
29th November 2006, 09:08
The two systems are quite different - the MGR one is to replace the existing washer nozzles with ones that just have little heating elements in them which prevents them from freezing up. The webasto (hotshot) system actually heats up the washer fluid before it is squirted out. Of course if your washer nozzles are already frozen up even this won't be of much use!

The best solution would be to have both of course.

Be aware that the MGR washer jets are not that difficult to fit, BUT check first in the rear of the drivers side front wheel arch to see if the connector plug is fitted on your vehicle. Post about 2001 I think they stopped fitting the connector and you will need to find an alternative ignition-switched supply to power them.

Spôôk
29th November 2006, 09:11
Be aware that the MGR washer jets are not that difficult to fit, BUT check first in the rear of the drivers side front wheel arch to see if the connector plug is fitted on your vehicle. Post about 2001 I think they stopped fitting the connector and you will need to find an alternative ignition-switched supply to power them.
Wot
For more info look at this thread where I posted the fitting instructions for the MGR type.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1113
Spôôk

salop75
29th November 2006, 13:02
I have the heated washers fitted and i have always wondered if they actualy work (in my case) as i have had them freeze on me during the winter.

Is there an easy way to see if they are working, should the heating element be on all the time with the ignition? - so i can test with a voltmeter.

Cheers

John

Red scooter
30th November 2006, 01:24
Many thanks to all who replied, I will check my wheel arch when I get up today, (just finished nights). Keith, yes they are the Webasto Hotshot kit. Once again thanks, John.