PDA

View Full Version : What the?

ROVERX501
22nd June 2012, 10:04
Hi everyone,

the other day went out in the car, just a local drive, so not really a good test, but the engine seemed more responsive, more torque etc, but with less gas pedal movement. I came back and never really thought any more about it.
This morning just come back from a longer drive and open roads, and man she was flying, was hoping for a BM to come tootling along, but sadly nothing:(

Seriously though, I have done nothing to it, not had car long, so has something cleared its self? she was no where near slow to start with.

Thanks.

uk_dave&gill
22nd June 2012, 10:15
If it'd been a diesel, I'd have said the T4 fairies had visited your car overnight and given you an X-Power upgrade.... :getmecoat:

Tatts
22nd June 2012, 10:43
All cars are weird!

My ZT190 has always been fully serviced - infact probably over-serviced in the 7 years I've had it. Everything works as it should, it's 10 years old now.

This past year or so, since I threatened to part-ex it, it's been running really well; better than ever. In the last 2 months I've made 2 trips to Inverness, 410 miles each way. Prior to last year the best mpg I ever got was 28 on a long run. This past 2 trips I've hit over 31mpg. Not a lot, but it's a 10% improvement. I've not exactly been dawdling along either...