PDA

View Full Version : **Ammended **South East inaugural club meet and fix - Bexhill-on-sea Sept 8th 2012

mamasboy
24th June 2012, 08:46
Ammended now with new date - 8th September and location SEC autos(Seancars workshop grounds).
I must offer you all my apologies but i'm afraid I had a message from the school saying they had double booked their grounds and had to honour the first parties and their grounds were not available in the weeks after as it was term time.. Therefore Sean of Seancar fame has offered to clear his yard and allow us to use the grounds (which is why he cant do it for the origonal date due to only getting back of his hols a few days before the origonal date leaving him insufficient time to clear the yard), which although are not huge, are sufficient for our needs with ample parking available roadside on a very quiet cul-de-sac - not ideal but the best I can do at this time.
I'm very sorry if this upsets anyones plans and hope all can attend this new date.

We may struggle to have a T4 owner attend as eurorover was available specifically on the old date, however Ed (rover54) now has a T4 setup which he is quite new to and rapidly learning the ropes so he can support diagnosis at least on the day, unless between now and then he can master the box of wizardry! I will renew my appeal for a T4 owner to do xpower upgrades, IPK pairingect so watch this space.

Seans grounds are beside the school so the link below is still valid

http://www.secautos.com/default.html

SEC Autos - 85 Ashdown Rd, Bexhill-On-Sea, TN40 1SF

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&aq=2s&aqi=g2g-s2&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=652&wrapid=tljp1340525438481227&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=st+richard's+catholic+college&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=st+richard's+catholic+college&cid=0,0,5187206785868079357&sa=X&ei=uMzmT_HOMPPa0QWzqrXoCA&sqi=2&ved=0CKwBEPwSMAA (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&aq=2s&aqi=g2g-s2&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=652&wrapid=tljp1340525438481227&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=st+richard%27s+catholic+college&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=st+richard%27s+catholic+college&cid=0,0,5187206785868079357&sa=X&ei=uMzmT_HOMPPa0QWzqrXoCA&sqi=2&ved=0CKwBEPwSMAA)

So I am asking for as much support as possible from members new and old, near and far, male and less male:}.

Thus far we can ensure WC facilities and catering (BBQ) are taken care of but any suggestions for more facilities would be appreciated.

We also lack a T4 machine and magician in this area and would love for a T4 genius to attend and offer their magic services.

Sean has his workshop in very close proximity and on the day will have 2/3 mechenics at his disposal and will offer discounted labour rates on basic service items as follows:

1. Oil/Air/Pollen/Fuel filter changes
2. Brake pads and discs (fronts and rears)

He will also have a supply of service kits and timing belt kits to take away. He cant really do timing belts on the day but can take bookings.

A machine polish will be available, all Sean/Pete ask is you are responsible for washing the car beforehand (a hand car wash business is located within 100yrds of the meet if required). Pete polished mine a few months back and I was very pleased with the results, i'm embarrassed to go there now unless it looks pristine!

Sean also aims to have at least one if not two donor cars available on the day should anyone need parts immediatly, along with his vast stock of off the shelf parts.

He has asked me to let you know that his spray shop facility will be back up and running soon and his offer of bumpers sprayed and delivered at a very keen rate will be available for pre-order and can be fitted on the day so plan ahead and save yourself a lot of time and effort.

Please contact Sean direct for ideas of prices and give him an adea of what you may need on the day to ensure he has enough parts - I have nothing to do with Seans business (other than I live close and keep poping in to pinch the odd bit which he turns a blind eye to:bowdown:!)

As this is a new meet and i've never been to a meet before, I have no idea if there are club banners available for such an event but I have no MG/Rover memoribila to speek of so and offers of flags or banners to loan for the day would be gratefully recieved.

Also Steve (Arctic) , as you may all know, supplies re-conditioned and modified handbrake compensators. I have fitted one and it's a easy enough job thanks to Steves "How to". If anyone attending contacts Steve and has a compensator with them to fit i'll be glad to help with that and do the donkey work if needed. Please dont waste time with the regular chocolate metal OEM compensator - get Steves, it's better and cheaper in the long run. See this link for details:smilie_re:http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=115958&highlight=handbrake

Please let me know if you will be attending and I will keep a running list on this thread.

This is a good chance to form a great network of members in the region so please support it any way you can.:bowdown::bowdown:

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

mamasboy
24th June 2012, 08:49
Sorry I should also say this is not, as yet an official club meet and therefore will not be covered by club insurances etc.

FLYING BANANA
24th June 2012, 09:27
Stick my name down please. Not sure what wheels I'll be bringing though.

Johnny the Fox
24th June 2012, 09:37
Put me down too Please:D:D

At last a SOUTH EAST meet:D

Just hope the Salty air doesn't accelerate the rusting process:(

seancar
24th June 2012, 12:45
we will be there put out name down lol
can we make it a family day as well all the family welcome i have a customer with bouncy castle and is a kids entertainer so going to try and get him down for the day. we are sorting out a big bbq so you wont go hungry. we are hoping for a good day if its busy and everybody enjoys it there will be more meets

eurorover
24th June 2012, 16:24
As other post im in Eastbourne that weekend and will have my T4 with me

mamasboy
24th June 2012, 16:39
As other post im in Eastbourne that weekend and will have my T4 with me

Just to follow up with big thanks to Wyn, could anyone interested in xpower upgrades or any other diagnostics let me know so Wyn can allow enough time to carry out any requests. If you are unsure of what T4 is it a MG Rover specific diagnostic tool. Please see this thread to see all the options that the T4 machine can enable/Disable:smilie_re:http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=113112&highlight=enabled
also this link has some more info:smilie_re:http://www.75ztcommunity.co.uk/t4-options-t620.html

Johnny the Fox
25th June 2012, 08:34
Just to follow up with big thanks to Wyn, could anyone interested in xpower upgrades or any other diagnostics let me know so Wyn can allow enough time to carry out any requests. If you are unsure of what T4 is it a MG Rover specific diagnostic tool. Please see this thread to see all the options that the T4 machine can enable/Disable:smilie_re:http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=113112&highlight=enabled
also this link has some more info:smilie_re:http://www.75ztcommunity.co.uk/t4-options-t620.html

Book me in for my IPK upgrade :cool:

ednersand
25th June 2012, 12:19
would there be a charge for a 116 to 135 remap if so how much please

Ian G
26th June 2012, 20:27
I was about to put my name down for this then I noticed it's a Saturday meet so I can't make it..
Cheers Ian

Ragman
26th June 2012, 23:40
Will try to be there

Somebody PM me a couple of weeks before to remind me

eurorover
28th June 2012, 00:40
If you could all pass your requirements onto Bernard then he can email me with a full list and I will get back to you with prices

eurorover
28th June 2012, 00:42
Book me in for my IPK upgrade :cool:
will this be a new IPK or a reset one?

stevesav
2nd July 2012, 02:27
Put me down for this one please, I managed to get the weekend off work:D.

Johnny the Fox
2nd July 2012, 05:10
will this be a new IPK or a reset one?

Brand new from Rimmers, but it is set up for German, so I will need to swap faces over ect.:D

Steve916
2nd July 2012, 05:59
Put me on the list please. I'll be there:}

stevesav
2nd July 2012, 07:00
Put me on the list please. I'll be there:}

We got us a convoy:D:D:D

Rev Jules
2nd July 2012, 07:30
Hi.
would love to come to this one ,Question!!. I already have a Synergy 2 installed.
what sort of price for T4 upgrade !!

Mqny Thanks.

Julien

Royster
6th July 2012, 15:20
Would love to have gone, but first day of hol's !!!

Royster

slydog
7th July 2012, 17:55
put me down for this one please :drool4:

wraymond
10th July 2012, 16:04
I expect to be in that area then, so a tentative yes please.

Rev Jules
10th July 2012, 21:07

I will be there . already have a synergy 2 fitted would like a T4 to boost it further. also would Sean be able to do my viton rings !!

Many Thanks.

Julien (Rover75 Diesel Connie)

mamasboy
10th July 2012, 21:09
I will be there . already have a synergy 2 fitted would like a T4 to boost it further. also would Sean be able to do my viton rings !!

Many Thanks.

Julien (Rover75 Diesel Connie)

If Sean cant i'm sure I can give you a hand:}

eurorover
10th July 2012, 23:09
If anybody does need xpower upgrades or any T4 work doing who cannot attend I will be at Eastbourne from the Thursday. and could possibly meet up with you on a different day. Please Pm me or email me

Rev Jules
11th July 2012, 10:28
If Sean cant i'm sure I can give you a hand:}

Many thanks for the offer.could well take you up on it .

Julien

pbaker
11th July 2012, 11:38
Hello Bernard. just come across your post. good luck with your first venture. put me down as a probable on your running list [cannot see it at the moment but I am sure it will arrive]. also what time are you looking to start?. I shall be watching the sun and rain movments in the days before:}.

pbaker
11th July 2012, 12:12
hello again. just looking at a google map, is the entrance by Galley Hill View. can see hard standing to right of school. peter

Germanlemon
14th July 2012, 06:22
Hope to be there, don't know yet if we have visitors that weekend.

shadowfax
17th July 2012, 22:42
Ill try and get to this (from deepest Essex) - got family close by so should be able to attend.

MikeHurley
17th July 2012, 23:09
In my diary so hope to get there.:}

Leyland Worldmaster
17th July 2012, 23:26
In my diary so hope to get there.:}

Hi Mike, have you still got the atlantic blue front bumper? I have tried to call but have had no success! If so, I'll collect it from you at this meet:)

mamasboy
18th July 2012, 19:59
MODS, could you please make this a sticky for a few days so all those who planned to attend the origonal meet can see the update.:}

Rev Jules
18th July 2012, 21:24
MODS, could you please make this a sticky for a few days so all those who planned to attend the origonal meet can see the update.:}

Sorry cant make it will be in York for a long weekend, Maybe next time

Julien

wraymond
21st July 2012, 14:10
Sorry, can't make the new date.

Reebs
21st July 2012, 14:37

So done. Sadly I can't make his one, as it's the day before the Club's National and I'll be up in Cumbria :}

Thread title date amended too.

stevesav
21st July 2012, 15:47
Not sure if I can make the new date:shrug: Had to jiggle work around to make the 25th:( Also not sure about roadside parking for a meet.

eurorover
21st July 2012, 17:49
I will still be in Eastbourne from August 23rd until the 28th. So if anyone does need Xpower upgrades or t4 work please email me

[email protected]

And I will meet up with you to sort it.

FLYING BANANA
21st July 2012, 21:21
I'm afraid you'll have to take me off of the list. I have a hotel booked for the National.

Steve916
26th July 2012, 16:11
Sorry, can't make the new date:(

stevesav
26th July 2012, 16:14
Sorry I cant make it either, working that weekend:(

rover54
5th August 2012, 01:15
I will be coming hopefully with a working T4, have had a few issues with the laptop, Brain has tracked it down to an iffy CD drive, it should be back with me early next week and then should have all systems ready to go. Probably will be seeing Brian in the next couple of weeks and I can iron out any issues with T4 operation that may arise. I have to thank Brain for helping me get a T4 up and running so I can help others.

As I have said to Bernard, I am more than happy to come down for your meets. Later on this year/early next year, Sean will be looking after my three cars as due to my poor health it is a task I can no longer do, so I will be coming to the south coast at least 3 times/year with the times spread out by 4 months apart. I have already suggested to Sean about helping him with his customers who need a T4 with any cash generated go to fund projects that help keep these cars on the road.

courtman
6th August 2012, 14:47
would loved to have been there as not met anyone apart Paul Savvides (who was really helpful when I was buying my R75), but sadly I'm away that weekend. Next one hopefully.

Des http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif

mamasboy
16th August 2012, 12:33
Just a quick bump for this as it's only a few weeks away and everyone is welcome....

Fatman
25th August 2012, 21:10
I'm planning on coming so I can finalise Sean's new web shop. Looking forward to it :D

rover54
26th August 2012, 16:03
T4 is up and running and will be come with me.

seancar
28th August 2012, 14:38
hi any members need discs and pads front and rear or cambelt kits or service packs please can they let me know so we have them all ordered and here

Fatman
4th September 2012, 14:49
Just a quick post to confirm if this meet is still going ahead before I book a hotel?

mamasboy
4th September 2012, 16:18
It certainly is, looking forward to seeing you there:}

rover54
4th September 2012, 18:28
When will it be starting (time), need to time my travel from London.

mamasboy
4th September 2012, 18:33
Kick off from 9am until such time as we all get fed up with rover 75's or MG ZT's:D

greendriver
4th September 2012, 19:23
Please add me in for this event:}

rover54
4th September 2012, 19:35
Kick off from 9am until such time as we all get fed up with rover 75's or MG ZT's:D
I suppose then it will be penalty a shoot out between the two teams ( 75 and ZT)

mamasboy
4th September 2012, 19:43
I suppose then it will be penalty a shoot out between the two teams ( 75 and ZT)

It may come down to who's got the most dull story about their car:D

mamasboy
4th September 2012, 19:43
Please add me in for this event:}

Good news, the more the merrier:)

Fatman
4th September 2012, 19:46
Premier inn booked, I'll get down by 11, drop Mrs Fatman off at the hotel and be round to Seans asap. :D

roverdave1966
5th September 2012, 20:31
Hi Bernard

Will be working Saturday, really want to make this meet. What time does it start?

Cheers
Dave

mamasboy
5th September 2012, 20:33
Hi Dave, hope you're keeping well, kick off at 9am and carry on until everyone's had enough! Be great if you can make it.

pbaker
6th September 2012, 01:08
As I said in the earlier post have been watching the sky's and it's looking goooood. shall be leaving Wansted 8.30/9.00 if any one wants to meet up. still looking for an updated list of attendees/numbers going.

pob06
6th September 2012, 12:29
Hi mamasboy, as per PM, very doubtful I can get there this weekend.

Sorry :(

Next one though :D

mamasboy
6th September 2012, 16:55
As I said in the earlier post have been watching the sky's and it's looking goooood. shall be leaving Wansted 8.30/9.00 if any one wants to meet up. still looking for an updated list of attendees/numbers going.

I'm afraid there is no list to update, I think making a list makes folk feel under pressure to attend. If you look through the posts you'll see who's planning to be there. From the response we've had I think it'll be well supported and looking forward to seeing you there :)

Will.S
7th September 2012, 10:22
I'm in Maidstone and will try to get down depending on work.
I have some bits that need spraying so will bring them (have contacted sean).
Don't know which car to bring as I have a ZT 160+ which I have been trying to sell for last two yrs since I got the 260!
Anyone think it's worth bringing that to try and find it a good home?
I've spent loads advertising it and started at 2999, now would take 1500:(, 48k, good condition etc:(

Reebs
8th September 2012, 00:15
Gents have a good one, sorry I couldn't make it...just a little bit busy oop North :getmecoat:

I'm sure it will be a tremendous success, and I hope you'll take plenty of pictures for us to admire.

Cheers,

Paul.

mamasboy
8th September 2012, 05:47
Gents have a good one, sorry I couldn't make it...just a little bit busy oop North :getmecoat:

I'm sure it will be a tremendous success, and I hope you'll take plenty of pictures for us to admire.

Cheers,

Paul.

Cheers paul, got mini mamasboy on camera duty and weather is going to be glorious, all we need now is some members:D

Will.S
8th September 2012, 14:48
Good to see members face to face rather than keyboarding, very welcoming bunch, lovely weather, sorry I had to shoot off! :(

Sean has got a gold mine down there that'll keep everyone's cars going for years to come!:}

Fatman
8th September 2012, 18:15
Really enjoyed today good to meet everyone . Sean's shop is sorted and I got some bits I needed :D

mamasboy
8th September 2012, 18:38
Thanks to all who attended today, was great to have our 1st get together of hopefully many.
A special big thanks to Seancar for his hospitality. He made us all feel welcome and kept us fed and watered and without him it couldnt have happened:bowdown::bowdown:

Also a big thanks to Rover54 (Ed) for attending with his T4 and sorting out some problems for the gang.

I'll try to upload some piccys later or tomorrow

seancar
8th September 2012, 19:33
it was a great day thank you to all members who came down. it was good to put a man to a face. fatman( dave) has got the shop sorted so we wil be putting parts etc on there next week thanks dave:bowdown::bowdown: we will be holding more of these events in the future thank you all

greendriver
9th September 2012, 07:44
Just to say massive thanks to Sean and the gang for sorting me out a replacement back box bracket and undertray and for all the advice Sean and Andy gave me on leaks etc. Identified some work, front pads, droplinks etc. and booked back in for the work in a few weeks.:bowdown::bowdown:

Also a big thank you to Rover54 for the T4 session in very warm and bright conditions! Another absolute star!:bowdown::bowdown:

And to those I met, and those who kept us all hydrated and bbq supplied!

This club and it's members continue to supply much valued support:}.

pbaker
9th September 2012, 13:16
had a great day and chats in glorious sunshine. nice bunch of chaps [what else would we be?]. located a steering problem to be seen to later. the low-line [it was not working] decided to switch on by its self the next day, Fitz must have upset it by sticking probes and things into its bits and pieces!, have not tried yet. only 200 yards from the beach so had a sit on for a while. must take my trunks next time. will go again.

pbaker
9th September 2012, 13:18
P S, looking to seeing the pickies.

Will.S
10th September 2012, 07:36
had a great day and chats in glorious sunshine. nice bunch of chaps [what else would we be?]. located a steering problem to be seen to later. the low-line [it was not working] decided to switch on by its self the next day, Fitz must have upset it by sticking probes and things into its bits and pieces!, have not tried yet. only 200 yards from the beach so had a sit on for a while. must take my trunks next time. will go again.

Thanks for the MG6 brochure

mamasboy
10th September 2012, 11:43
Sorry chaps, not uploaded any pics yet, SWMBO decided that after a Friday cleaning and polishing the rover, a Saturday standing about talking about rovers my Sunday was going to be spent going cold turkey tending the garden with no rover involvement (it was well overdue) leaving me with blisters and aches wher I never had before! I will get round to it early this week.

I forgot to give a mention to TK our BBQ expert and of course Sean's spanner handlers Fizz and Brid's, all of whom took care of our human motors and rover motors:D:D Thanks to all again for a great day.

seancar
10th September 2012, 12:14
Sorry chaps, not uploaded any pics yet, SWMBO decided that after a Friday cleaning and polishing the rover, a Saturday standing about talking about rovers my Sunday was going to be spent going cold turkey tending the garden with no rover involvement (it was well overdue) leaving me with blisters and aches wher I never had before! I will get round to it early this week.

I forgot to give a mention to TK our BBQ expert and of course Sean's spanner handlers Fizz and Brid's, all of whom took care of our human motors and rover motors:D:D Thanks to all again for a great day.

call your self the rs pics should have been on there saturday by 7 pm come on you left here at 6 pm 15 mins drive home . heard it all now lol. :shrug::shrug:
you come in this week mate if so bring the rich tea :bowdown::bowdown:

Fatman
10th September 2012, 12:44
call your self the rs pics should have been on there saturday by 7 pm come on you left here at 6 pm 15 mins drive home . heard it all now lol. :shrug::shrug:
you come in this week mate if so bring the rich tea :bowdown::bowdown:

I know what you mean Sean, and that bit about the garden, what was wrong with doing the photos when it was dark, Just laziness if you ask me...:D:D:D:D:D:getmecoat:

Reebs
13th September 2012, 13:33
Come on then gents, where are the pictures? Your not all shy are you :D

mamasboy
13th September 2012, 21:02
:osorry all, having some IT issues so cant upload pics at the mo...... shame on me:getmecoat:

Fatman
13th September 2012, 21:08
Sack him at once :D:D:D:D:D

seancar
14th September 2012, 12:06
Sack him at once :D:D:D:D:D

i agree dave he calls himself the rs no pics i have not even heard from him this week. think its more like he cant work the camera and needs is daughter there to do it for him. :D:D:D

Rev Jules
14th September 2012, 12:17
i agree dave he calls himself the rs no pics i have not even heard from him this week. think its more like he cant work the camera and needs is daughter there to do it for him. :D:D:D

Hi mate look in your private messages

Cheers

greendriver
14th September 2012, 12:35
Well, I have a picture, but it shows my car in a state of slight undress, so I wouldn't like to embarrass her, or create a scene...

seancar
14th September 2012, 12:39
Well, I have a picture, but it shows my car in a state of slight undress, so I wouldn't like to embarrass her, or create a scene...

post it at least we would have one pic of the meet lol:D:D